Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

My View on Bristol City:

Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:50 am

My View on Bristol City:

Bristol City are a hard working team.

With an average age of 25 - they will run all day. They have no star players , but they are very well organised.

They have two players that stand out for me - their influential C1/2 Nathan Baker and their prolific Senegalese striker Diedhiou. They play a classic 4-4-2 formation. Their two wingers Paterson & Kent can both operate on the left or right - so they can switch sides if it is not working for them.

Their team picks itself and their bench is not strong enough to change the game. I believe that we have few players better than theirs. Significantly we have one hell of a bench - so Warnock can change the game to suit what is happening on the pitch.

This will be a highly competitive and hard game. If we match their industry , organization and attitude for the 90 minutes - the game is there for the taking !

If we relax or give it "we are 2nd" and play fancy - we will be in for a shock. We have to compete and play to our strengths. Come on Blooobirds...

OPINIONS :thumbright: :bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: My View on Bristol City:

Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:02 am

Bristol city always a tough match but Warnock always up for the Worzels.
I think we'll get 25000 plus that'll help and unbeaten run in February.

Tough but beatable. Can see us winning in tight match

Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:11 am

Two players you have not mentioned who stand out for me are aden flint and Bobby Reid who has had an incredible season

Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:12 am

:bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:16 am

NIBluebird wrote:Bristol city always a tough match but Warnock always up for the Worzels.
I think we'll get 25000 plus that'll help and unbeaten run in February.

Tough but beatable. Can see us winning in tight match

Mike, After the way we lost up at Ashton Gate, Warnock will be more than up for it :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird:

25,000 should be there without a doubt :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

I reckon City will get the 3pts, but a very tough game :bluebird:

Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:17 am

boyo1927 wrote:Two players you have not mentioned who stand out for me are aden flint and Bobby Reid who has had an incredible season

Yes your right they both have, hopefully not when we play them :lol: :thumbright:

To be fair Bristol have had a fantastic season so far in the Championship & the Cup.

Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:22 am

We are reaching that stage of the season where will see the teams with the strongest squads start to show through. We can expect injuries and suspensions to kick in now, and I have said all season that this period will define everyone's season. The teams with strength in depth will be the ones who will be able to keep up their challenge, those with not much in reserve will start to fall away over the next couple of weeks, unless they are ultra lucky with injuries and suspensions.

Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:35 am

boyo1927 wrote:Two players you have not mentioned who stand out for me are aden flint and Bobby Reid who has had an incredible season

Reid is very dangerous, Flint is huge so a threat at set pieces and defensively good and there left back Joe Bryan is also a good player especially going forward. Its a very winnable game but we have to be aware of the threat they pose too.

Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:53 am

Steve Zodiak wrote:We are reaching that stage of the season where will see the teams with the strongest squads start to show through. We can expect injuries and suspensions to kick in now, and I have said all season that this period will define everyone's season. The teams with strength in depth will be the ones who will be able to keep up their challenge, those with not much in reserve will start to fall away over the next couple of weeks, unless they are ultra lucky with injuries and suspensions.

That's us knackered then steve as had injuries all season so never mind starting they haven't finished! ! :laughing6:

Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:00 am

pembroke allan wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:We are reaching that stage of the season where will see the teams with the strongest squads start to show through. We can expect injuries and suspensions to kick in now, and I have said all season that this period will define everyone's season. The teams with strength in depth will be the ones who will be able to keep up their challenge, those with not much in reserve will start to fall away over the next couple of weeks, unless they are ultra lucky with injuries and suspensions.

That's us knackered then steve as had injuries all season so never mind starting they haven't finished! ! :laughing6:

I think it shows that Warnock has built up a decent squad Allan, and he has players he can call on who are capable of doing a job, and will give 100% for him. I believe that the team spirit he has created has played a major part in where we are at the minute, and what we lack in quality we more than make up for with players who are prepared to bust a gut to grind out results even when we are under the cosh.

Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:13 am

Steve Zodiak wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

I think it shows that Warnock has built up a decent squad Allan, and he has players he can call on who are capable of doing a job, and will give 100% for him. I believe that the team spirit he has created has played a major part in where we are at the minute, and what we lack in quality we more than make up for with players who are prepared to bust a gut to grind out results even when we are under the cosh.

Totally agree I won't be surprised if we are top 2 come end season but can't see us failing to get into playoffs at least :thumbup:

Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:15 am

11 nil. You heard it hear first. Ok. I'm a bit deluded.

Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:58 am

We are both very good teams, and the major thing that separates us and them is the fact that we are more consistent than them. I'd take a draw here, and I think they would too.

Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:09 pm

MarshfieldIsBlue wrote:We are both very good teams, and the major thing that separates us and them is the fact that we are more consistent than them. I'd take a draw here, and I think they would too.

I think it’ll also depend on how ref views our ‘tactics’ and their theatrical behaviour if you know what I mean. :laughing6:

Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:24 pm

MarshfieldIsBlue wrote:We are both very good teams, and the major thing that separates us and them is the fact that we are more consistent than them. I'd take a draw here, and I think they would too.

If we want to stay in the Top 2 it has to be a win, u've got to win your home games and there are far tougher games ahead.

With Derby,Wolves,Brentford,Sheffield United etc away coming up, the Worzel home game is a must win to keep us right up there :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:01 pm

Agree with both of the post above, and I'm hopeful we can win this Severnside derby. Draws are still useful, especially as Aston Villa, Derby, Wolves and Fulham have games coming up where they will all face each other, which will massively help us out. I'd take a draw against the Wurzels, but I hope Warnock sets the team up to go out there and batter them.

Could be a big home crowd, and big home performance, like those against Aston Villa and Leeds. :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:14 pm

Fergy1927 wrote:11 nil. You heard it hear first. Ok. I'm a bit deluded.

I think we'll score 1

Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:45 pm

Just put a quid on.

If it comes in I’ll drop you a fiver. I got 500 to 1.

Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:22 pm

With the current injuries I would like to see this team.

Ethridge
Connelly Bamba Manga Bennet
Wildschut Ralls Grujic Hoillett
Madine Zahore

Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:46 pm

trotskie wrote:With the current injuries I would like to see this team.

Ethridge
Madine Zahore

No chance

Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:07 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
trotskie wrote:With the current injuries I would like to see this team.

Ethridge
Madine Zahore

No chance

Assuming Morrison, Traore and Paterson are out, the only change I’d make to a starting 11 would be putting Damour in midfield at the expense of Madine. GM can always come on if needed.

Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:32 am

maccydee wrote:

Just put a quid on.

If it comes in I’ll drop you a fiver. I got 500 to 1.

Ha ha. I’ll take you up on that mate.