Brentford
Derby County
Sheffield United
Aston Villa
Norwich City
Hull City

EFL Championship Matches Remaining: 13
Cardiff Look Out: Aston Villa, Derby County, Wolves and Fulham
Crucial Matches Ahead: | Wolves - Home | Aston Villa - Away | Derby County - Away

Wolves Big Matches Ahead: | Aston Villa - Away | Derby County - Home | Fulham - Away | Middelsbrough - Away
Derby County Big Matches Ahead: | Fulham - Home | Preston - Away | Aston Villa - Away
Also On The Sam ReaN YouTube Channel
Cardiff City Highlights On Bits From The Action
The ReaN Show Series 1-6
CardiffFanTV / On Facebook & YouTube
Vlogging Adventures
Video Games
SUBSCRIBE IN 2024
Sam ReaN

THE GAMES LEFT FOR CARDIFF TO GET PROMOTION

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: THE GAMES LEFT FOR CARDIFF TO GET PROMOTION

Postby Steve Zodiak » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:09 pm

Every match is crucial from now on in. Won't help much if we win some of the so called big games but get beat by the likes of Birmingham, Burton etc. Like so many others have already said, there are no easy matches in this league.
Steve Zodiak

Postby actionman » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:39 pm

If we only win all our home games that gives us 85 points if we can also get 6 points from 6 away game that’s 91 I reckon that’ll be enough for automatic
actionman

Postby City Slicker » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:46 pm

actionman wrote:If we only win all our home games that gives us 85 points if we can also get 6 points from 6 away game that’s 91 I reckon that’ll be enough for automatic

That means we'll be unbeaten for the rest of the season! That'll be some achievement :shock:
City Slicker

Postby stuey1981 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:59 pm

City Slicker wrote:
actionman wrote:If we only win all our home games that gives us 85 points if we can also get 6 points from 6 away game that’s 91 I reckon that’ll be enough for automatic

That means we'll be unbeaten for the rest of the season! That'll be some achievement :shock:
stuey1981

Postby stuey1981 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:00 am

City Slicker wrote:

No it means we could win our home games. Lose 4 away and win 2 and still get 6 points from our away matches lol
stuey1981

Postby NIBluebird » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:42 am

Now need 20-25000 every home game to steer us through .
NIBluebird

Postby DEANO » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:47 am

Those away games all look really tough
DEANO

Postby Bakedalasker » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:13 am

DEANO wrote:Those away games all look really tough

They are but if we continue the way we are going the pressure will be on those home sides and that could quite easily work out good for us.
Bakedalasker

Postby Dange » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:02 am

Still many twists and turns but looking at those games all of the home games, with the exception of Wolves, are very very winnable. On the flip side there isn't one "easy" away game either.....IMO it will go to the wire......final day pleasure or pain? Who knows but it's been one hell of a season for us that's for sure :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:
Dange

Postby bluebird7291 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:10 am

I think anything over 85 this year will see you second, i know its low but looking at it. its a big ask for Derby and Villa to get 9 wins from 13.
bluebird7291

Postby Wayne S » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:51 am

bluebird7291 wrote:I think anything over 85 this year will see you second, i know its low but looking at it. its a big ask for Derby and Villa to get 9 wins from 13.

This is often overlooked when looking what points are need for promotion.

Never mind us look at what those behind you have to do. This is why it is laughable how the wolves fans are at the moment. Two of us, Villa and Derby would need miracle finishes to dump Wolves down to third.
Wayne S

Postby paulh_85 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:08 am

Wolves will be fine.

as for us we still have 7 home games (while villa and derby both have 6) certainly a positive, especially as a lot of those are teams you would expect us to be getting results against.
paulh_85

Postby billy ronson » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:20 am

1game at a time folks and there is no such thing as a certain 3 points in this division!! :old:

The one thing that you can be certain of is Neil Warnock, his coaches and the players doing their best over the final stretch to win as many as possible. :bluescarf:

Strap up guys , it may be a bumpy ride ......can’t wait !! :D :ayatollah:
I'm free to be
Whatever I, whatever I choose
And I'll sing the blues if I want
billy ronson

Postby Sam_89 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:24 am

Cant see us droppimg many points at home. 2 massive away games at Derby and Villa. Saying that every game is a cup final from here on in. I fancy us to nick second on the last day!
Sam_89

Postby theclaw » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:45 am

The two important games are villa and derby away,must not lose games in my opinion.Stop the enemy advancing :thumbup:
theclaw

Postby caerblue » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:30 am

7 Or 8 wins,should get us promotion
caerblue

Postby BLUE54 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:37 am

For those interested, when we won promotion in 2013 we got 87 points. That's 1.89 per game. At the moment we have 64 points from 33 games. That's 1.94 per game. Continuing our previous results from this year, that would give us 89 points. All statistics I know, and who knows what will be needed this year, but something else to believe in. :ayatollah:
BLUE54

Postby KJblue » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:14 pm

The best way to go is take each game as it comes as all on here know that we could lose a 'shoe in ' and take three points from a game that we are expected to lose, we've shown tremendous character to be where we are at this stage and considering our budget in comparison to other teams we have shocked other big teams with our current position, next test is bristol who will always want to get a result against us but self belief is priceless and I for one think we've got more than most, long may it continue, You are my Cardiff!
KJblue

Postby City Slicker » Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:14 pm

billy ronson wrote:1game at a time folks and there is no such thing as a certain 3 points in this division!! :old:

The one thing that you can be certain of is Neil Warnock, his coaches and the players doing their best over the final stretch to win as many as possible. :bluescarf:

And how on earth are all these people staying away in droves Bill? They don't know what they're missing! This soap opera is far more exciting (and realistic) than EastEnders, Corrie, Emmerdale et al all rolled into one :thumbup:
City Slicker

Postby wez1927 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:27 pm

I can see us winning most of our home ganes and i think that will be enough to go up
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby actionman » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:42 pm

What I meant was if we can keep winning our home games that will give us 85 points anyway and that alone will put tremendous pressure on the other sides to win games they don’t think they can we could afford to lose all our away games
actionman

Postby billy ronson » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:26 pm

City Slicker wrote:
billy ronson wrote:1game at a time folks and there is no such thing as a certain 3 points in this division!! :old:

And how on earth are all these people staying away in droves Bill? They don't know what they're missing! This soap opera is far more exciting (and realistic) than EastEnders, Corrie, Emmerdale et al all rolled into one :thumbup:

I agree Phil, You can’t fault this team for effort and today showed the depth he has built into the squad without spending a fortune!! We had a few out again today but the eleven on the field just roll up their sleeves and give us their best!! :bluescarf: :bluescarf:
Warnock has worked wonders , the season tickets go on sale and are great value for money even more so IF we can maintain this form for last 12 games . If not, I have really enjoyed the season :ayatollah:
I'm free to be
Whatever I, whatever I choose
And I'll sing the blues if I want
billy ronson

Postby Bakedalasker » Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:51 pm

billy ronson wrote:
City Slicker wrote:

I agree Phil, You can’t fault this team for effort and today showed the depth he has built into the squad without spending a fortune!! We had a few out again today but the eleven on the field just roll up their sleeves and give us their best!! :bluescarf: :bluescarf:
Warnock has worked wonders , the season tickets go on sale and are great value for money even more so IF we can maintain this form for last 12 games . If not, I have really enjoyed the season :ayatollah:

Better than EastEnders, Corrie and Emmerdale lol never thought of it that way but I do like that.

It will be interesting to see the response to the ST sales.
Bakedalasker

Return to General Chat