Wolves Messageboard

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Wolves Messageboard

Postby Sloper Road » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:32 pm

Some comments from Wolves fans tonight, think some are getting a bit worried they might not get first place and as usual ref was crap.. last comment sums it all up.
They got Fulham away next and we still have to play them,,

"Ref giving us nothing at the moment - upsetting our fans"

"Switching to the positives, we are 13 points ahead of 3rd with just 13 matches left".

"Shame to see our lead over Cardiff reduced to 9 points, but perhaps this is our mid-season wobble!! "

.. our formation was all over the shop and the players didn’t look like they knew what was going on."

"Unfuckingbelievable."
Sloper Road

Wolves Messageboard

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: wolves messageboard

Postby Jonsey Jones » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:37 pm

They are worried about Fulham and they have neves out for the game.

Could very well be 6 points come Sunday.
Jonsey Jones

Postby Tonteg Bluebird » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:43 pm

I still think Wolves are very lucky to be so far clear as well. The officials have gifted them extra points with the number of times they've played against 10 men. Yet another sending off went in their favour at Preston as soon as they went 1-0 down, which helped them equalise to get a draw.

Wouldn't surprise me if Fulham beat Wolves, I think Fulham are as big as threat as anyone with the added firepower of Mitrovic and if they end up in the playoffs, there is no team better suited to the big Wembley pitch.
Tonteg Bluebird

Postby Wolfpac » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:59 pm

Wolves are stoppable, we proved that and I think Fulham will cause them all sort of Jams, If Wolves win the league they will have won it with help from officiating and crap football because I'd rather play the way we do than Wolves any day of the week !!
Wolfpac

Postby GrangeEndStar » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:15 pm

Speaking to a pal who's a Wolves fan. Sentiment seems to be that as of last weekend, they were auto'd but now doubt is creeping in as they haven't suffered a bad patch all season. I think think they'll go up but it maybe tougher than they think at the sharp end of the season where predictable performances change when your fighting for promotion or against relegation.

Most teams have their bad run and I wonder if an over-confident Wolves camp are just about to embark on theirs with the finishing line in sight?
'Nail 'em up,' I say. 'Nail some sense into 'em.'
GrangeEndStar

Postby Bluemellons » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:23 pm

They are deluded on that site. There is a thread asking how big their ground should be when the get into the Champions League. Most said 50000. Some said 70000.
:lol:
Bluemellons

Postby GrangeEndStar » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:32 pm

Can you imagine 70,000 thick Brummies asking for 'chikin nor buhyf' pies at half time in their comedy accents?. Cock-Wombles.
'Nail 'em up,' I say. 'Nail some sense into 'em.'
GrangeEndStar

Postby TopCat CCFC » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:35 pm

All teams will go through a bad spell - Are WOLVES about to start theirs ???
TopCat CCFC

Postby Sven » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:25 am

It's theirs to lose and that's a pressure all of its own! ;) :thumbright:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby maccydee » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:41 am

Bluemellons wrote:They are deluded on that site. There is a thread asking how big their ground should be when the get into the Champions League. Most said 50000. Some said 70000.

Doesn’t that show how ridiculous we made ourselves look with the bigger than Barcelona stuff and 60,000 crowds. We actually said we hoped that the CCS could be raised to 60,000 in the future.
maccydee

Postby jon1959 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:33 am

Sven wrote:Its theirs to lose and that's a pressure all of its own! ;) :thumbright:

They've got Fulham, Leeds and Villa in their next four matches OK (the other one is Reading which must be a gimme). If the gap closes after that - big if - the nerves will get serious.
jon1959

Postby GENERAL CHAT » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:34 am

maccydee wrote:
Bluemellons wrote:They are deluded on that site. There is a thread asking how big their ground should be when the get into the Champions League. Most said 50000. Some said 70000.

Doesn’t that show how ridiculous we made ourselves look with the bigger than Barcelona stuff and 60,000 crowds. We actually said we hoped that the CCS could be raised to 60,000 in the future.

The only person I ever heard saying that was Sam Hamman... :banghead: :old:
Edmund: Have you ever been to Wales, Baldrick?
Baldrick: No, but I've often thought that I'd like to.
Edmund: Well don't. It's a ghastly place. Huge gangs of tough, sinewy men roam the valleys terrifying people with their close-harmony singing
GENERAL CHAT

Postby Wolfpac » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:54 am

This is a possibility and what a tasty affair it could be come Saturday 7th April

Wolves next 6 games – my opinion.

Fulham vs Wolves – Fulham win, they look a threat at home and can’t see anyone taking much from them on their patch
Wolves vs Reading – Wolves win, Reading fighting for survival but they look poor.
Leeds vs Wolves – Draw, Leeds will help us out
Aston Villa vs Wolves – Villa win to keep momentum for their top 2 aspirations / play off’s, Wolves beat them at Molineyx but that was early on in the season and Villa look more than capable in this tasty Derby.
Wolves vs Burton – Wolves routine win
Middlesborough vs Wolves – Middlesborough win, tough place to go and Boro will have aspirations of nicking play off spot

Wolves total – 7 out of 18 points – 80 points at standing

Cardiff next 6 games – my opinion

Cardiff vs Wurzels – Cardiff win, we keep things tight and I think we will nick the spoils
Brentford vs Cardiff – Draw, tough place to go, they play freeflowing football at home, could be a big point for us
Cardiff vs Barnsley – Cardiff win, Barnsley in relegation dog fight but we will win this one, having lost at Oakwell.
Cardiff vs Brummies – Cardiff win, Brum in real trouble and look poor on their travels, momentum with us
Derby vs Cardiff – Draw but potential banana skin for us, depending on how Derby play
Cardiff vs Burton – Routine Cardiff win, I know Burton beat us earlier in the season but we’re cooking on gas now

Cardiff total – 14 out of 18 if we draw Derby & Brentford or 11 if we lose to Derby – 78 points with the 2 draws at standing

One game then midweek for both of us – we’re away to the Blades and Wolves at home to Hull before the big game on April 7th.

Going to go down to the wire.

WOLVERHAMPTON, WE’RE COMING FOR YOU :bluescarf:
Wolfpac

Postby Bluebird For Life » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:35 am

Wolfpac wrote:This is a possibility and what a tasty affair it could be come Saturday 7th April

Fulham vs Wolves – Fulham win, they look a threat at home and can’t see anyone taking much from them on their patch
Wolves vs Reading – Wolves win, Reading fighting for survival but they look poor.
Aston Villa vs Wolves – Villa win to keep momentum for their top 2 aspirations / play off’s, Wolves beat them at Molineyx but that was early on in the season and Villa look more than capable in this tasty Derby.
Middlesborough vs Wolves – Middlesborough win, tough place to go and Boro will have aspirations of nicking play off spot

Cardiff vs Wurzels – Cardiff win, we keep things tight and I think we will nick the spoils
Brentford vs Cardiff – Draw, tough place to go, they play freeflowing football at home, could be a big point for us
Cardiff vs Barnsley – Cardiff win, Barnsley in relegation dog fight but we will win this one, having lost at Oakwell.
Cardiff vs Brummies – Cardiff win, Brum in real trouble and look poor on their travels, momentum with us
Derby vs Cardiff – Draw but potential banana skin for us, depending on how Derby play
Cardiff vs Burton – Routine Cardiff win, I know Burton beat us earlier in the season but we’re cooking on gas now

Cardiff total – 14 out of 18 if we draw Derby & Brentford or 11 if we lose to Derby – 78 points with the 2 draws at standing

One game then midweek for both of us – we’re away to the Blades and Wolves at home to Hull before the big game on April 7th.

mate - we beat Burton and Barnsley away this time around; you got it mixed up with last season!!
Bluebird For Life

Postby Wolfpac » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:58 am

Bluebird For Life wrote:
Wolfpac wrote:This is a possibility and what a tasty affair it could be come Saturday 7th April

mate - we beat Burton and Barnsley away this time around; you got it mixed up with last season!!

Sorry mate the Barnsley one was last season, I was thinking about Burton beating us down here in the cup earlier on this season.
Wolfpac

Postby Bluebird For Life » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:35 am

Wolfpac wrote:
Bluebird For Life wrote:

Sorry mate the Barnsley one was last season, I was thinking about Burton beating us down here in the cup earlier on this season.

ah yes- forgot about that cup game...
Bluebird For Life

Postby maccydee » Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:02 pm

GENERAL CHAT wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Sam didn’t make that up on his own did he?
maccydee

Postby 2blue2handle » Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:36 am

maccydee wrote:
GENERAL CHAT wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Sam didn’t make that up on his own did he?

It was the first time I heard of it, I'd I remember and I'm sure Annis could say if it's right but Sam was saying he wanted to turn us green call us the celts and change the badge and then have have all the Celtic nations support us and that way we could then be bigger than Barcelona etc etc. Obviously a flawed idea that wouldn't have worked but you get what he meant.
2blue2handle

Re: Wolves Messageboard

Postby Fergy1927 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:03 am

I was in the meeting when Sam was looking to take over with a bunch of fans in the club bar. He asked me what I thought of changing the colours to green and white and calling us Celtic. I said it was a terrible idea. He didn’t go through with it but did ruin our badge for a while which many turned a blind eye to.
Fergy1927

Postby nubbsy » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:49 pm

You shit brummie bastards, we're coming for you!
nubbsy

Postby TopCat CCFC » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:51 pm

Jonsey Jones wrote:They are worried about Fulham and they have neves out for the game.

Could very well be 6 points come Sunday.

It is now :bluebird:
TopCat CCFC

Postby MOZZER1 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:55 pm

hey nubbsy just like to point out they ain't brummies they are known as yam yams . there is a difference :D

the locals in wolves would give you a right mouthful if you called them a brummie . it happened to me last year .lol
MOZZER1

Postby maccydee » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:17 pm

Wolfpac wrote:Wolves are stoppable, we proved that and I think Fulham will cause them all sort of Jams, If Wolves win the league they will have won it with help from officiating and crap football because I'd rather play the way we do than Wolves any day of the week !!

Not many in that boat with you pal.

I love Warnock a lot and he has done wonders but Wolves are much easier on the eye than we are.
maccydee

Return to General Chat