' CARDIFF CITY'S 3 NEW TRIALISTS '

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby TAP_Sheep » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:58 pm

Got 3 trialists at the DVP squad at the moment.

Jahvan Miller (19 years old) - powerful striker released by Derby last season after scoring 2 in 8 for their under 18 side.

Max Johnstone (19 years old) - Keeper. Brother of Sam Johnstone. Max is still contracted to Manchester United currently but is yet to play for their U23 side this season.

Danny Rowe (24 years old) - winger for Lincoln (on loan from Ipswich) made 10 appearances this season scoring once and assisting twice. VERY unlikely we’ll sign him at all.
TAP_Sheep

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: ' CARDIFF CITY'S 3 NEW TRIALISTS '

Postby Bluebird For Life » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:38 pm

TAP_Sheep wrote:Got 3 trialists at the DVP squad at the moment.

Jahvan Miller (19 years old) - powerful striker released by Derby last season after scoring 2 in 8 for their under 18 side.

Max Johnstone (19 years old) - Keeper. Brother of Sam Johnstone. Max is still contracted to Manchester United currently but is yet to play for their U23 side this season.

Danny Rowe (24 years old) - winger for Lincoln (on loan from Ipswich) made 10 appearances this season scoring once and assisting twice. VERY unlikely we’ll sign him at all.

what is the point of taking on a trial someone who we are very unlikely to sign - seems a bit of a strange decision.
Bluebird For Life

Postby bluebird04 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:14 pm

he's probably not on trial, he might have asked/been asked to train to get some fitness in the hopes of getting a new club and by giving him trialist he can play reserve games and stuff
bluebird04

Postby Wolfpac » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:31 pm

This post reminded me of the Father Ted episode where Dougal says to Ted didn't Father Jack once have trials for Liverpool, Ted replied no Dougal Father Jack was on trial in Liverpool haha.
Wolfpac

Postby streamfeeder » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:01 am

We keep taking on trialists cos we don't have enough under 23s these days to play our fixtures, chances of any of the trialists I have seen this season getting a contract with the club are virtually zero
streamfeeder

Postby TAP_Sheep » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:54 am

streamfeeder wrote:We keep taking on trialists cos we don't have enough under 23s these days to play our fixtures, chances of any of the trialists I have seen this season getting a contract with the club are virtually zero

We’ve already signed 4.
TAP_Sheep

Postby streamfeeder » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:38 pm

I didnt know that so apologies, what deals are they signed on. short term ones til the end of the season? i stand by what i said anyways, none of the trialists will play for the first team and were only brought in to bulk out the under 23s. When a player gets released from a championship/premier club aged 18/19 as i think most of these trialists are, unfortunatly i think its cos they are not good enough for professional football, only my opinion mind and would love to be proved wrong by any or all of them
streamfeeder

Return to General Chat