Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" EMAIL CARDIFF CITY FOOTBALL CLUB WITH YOUR CONCERNS "

Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:03 pm

" EMAIL CARDIFF CITY FOOTBALL CLUB WITH YOUR CONCERNS "

Instead of all these posts blaming individuals or whoever, why aren’t we putting a constructive list of suggestions forward to the club or at least the supported group, and try to engage with the club rather than this bitching and moaning?

The club deserves a stadium full of noise and passion, and like most of us agree it’s silent and embarrassing.

My suggestions-
1) giving some tickets away in family end for young children and local schools in the community.
2) better half time entertainment involving the fans

Any others??

CCFC - club@cardiffcityfc.co.uk

Re: " EMAIL CARDIFF CITY FOOTBALL CLUB WITH YOUR CONCERNS "

Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:37 pm

What do you want at half time, the majority of people go for a pee or a smoke or a beer or some scoff.

Would a family end full of kids provide more noise, great for kids and all for lots of kids supporting the City but what we need is the crowd on the away teams back constantly, ramping the noise up but unfortunately for whatever reason it doesn't happen and that is not Wayne Nash fault it is us as fans.

What difference would moving the Canton next to the away fans make, apart from a few people jumping up and down in their new daps and shouting abuse not a lot.

As City fans we need to look at our selves rather than the stadium...Just my opinion of course :bluebird:

Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:17 pm

1980s Bluebird wrote:What do you want at half time, the majority of people go for a pee or a smoke or a beer or some scoff.

Would a family end full of kids provide more noise, great for kids and all for lots of kids supporting the City but what we need is the crowd on the away teams back constantly, ramping the noise up but unfortunately for whatever reason it doesn't happen and that is not Wayne Nash fault it is us as fans.

What difference would moving the Canton next to the away fans make, apart from a few people jumping up and down in their new daps and shouting abuse not a lot.

As City fans we need to look at our selves rather than the stadium...Just my opinion of course :bluebird:

Kids don't make loud noise only shrieks Wembley is a testimemt to that! As for moving ends mmm all that will do is have noise at one end stadium what about other end? It is the fans that make the atmosphere and I'm afraid ours are only average at doing it. :thumbup:

Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:49 pm

What the powers that be need to do is apologise to every season ticket holder pre promotion to the premier by a year or so for the major mistake in changing our colour and for not listening to the people responsible for this club still being around. I know it’s been said before but in all honesty the rebrand partly killed our club.

I along with 7 very close friends were season ticket holders for years right the way down to our division 4 days and not one of us have renewed. The people in charge have no clue what they did to the fans, ok not all but a huge amount will never have the same feelings for the club, I don’t know what it is but I don’t feel the love I used to have, it’s as simple as that. I’ve taken my children to numerous games but I don’t feel it like I used to. The passion has gone

Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:02 pm

Miller time wrote:What the powers that be need to do is apologise to every season ticket holder pre promotion to the premier by a year or so for the major mistake in changing our colour and for not listening to the people responsible for this club still being around. I know it’s been said before but in all honesty the rebrand partly killed our club.

I along with 7 very close friends were season ticket holders for years right the way down to our division 4 days and not one of us have renewed. The people in charge have no clue what they did to the fans, ok not all but a huge amount will never have the same feelings for the club, I don’t know what it is but I don’t feel the love I used to have, it’s as simple as that. I’ve taken my children to numerous games but I don’t feel it like I used to. The passion has gone

Yawn zzz zzz change the record. There are 16000 people at most games.
The stadium has shite acoustics, the away fans can't be heard by the Canton and anyone in Ninian is frowned upon by over zealous stewards those are the issues.
The re-brand is history.

Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:09 pm

Ah so if it’s history we’re not allowed to bring it up.

I guess history doesn’t matter to some people.

I’m really sorry for making you feel you had to respond to what I had written....

Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:11 pm

The stadium was built to hold 32000 were not going to get that unless the club does something to get the alienated fans back, which isn’t going to happen.
If we made the premier I wouldn’t even bother getting a season ticket.

Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:39 pm

Then dont simple as, what do you want a written apology from a billionaire businessman who made a mistake and changed it back.

Yeh and I supported them in Division 4 aswell

Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:40 pm

Miller time wrote:What the powers that be need to do is apologise to every season ticket holder pre promotion to the premier by a year or so for the major mistake in changing our colour and for not listening to the people responsible for this club still being around. I know it’s been said before but in all honesty the rebrand partly killed our club.

A Few things .You still post on this message board so you must still have an interest.
You also said back in November everyone should get behind Warnock and do what ever to support the boys..well how about attending then!!! you are one misguided individual.

Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:42 pm

Swap ends. Build a propper bar in or on the stadium with cheap beer

Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:01 pm

nubbsy wrote:Swap ends. Build a propper bar in or on the stadium with cheap beer

Alcohol definitely improves the atmosphere

Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:14 pm

Miller time wrote:The stadium was built to hold 32000 were not going to get that unless the club does something to get the alienated fans back, which isn’t going to happen.
If we made the premier I wouldn’t even bother getting a season ticket.

We will never get 32k outside premiership! In our past 40yr history only got that couple times outside premiership season! in fact outside 2008/2014 seasons we struggled get 8k probably! So very few fans alienated we just don't have the fans full stop . One day people on here will realise that but then doubt it :thumbup:

Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:42 pm

Just want to say before anyone has any ideas but this is not me or an alias or a multi of me or well basically it is not me.

Top post though.

Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:30 pm

How about initially encouraging the ones who attend to chant, and a simple chant - Canton does it but, in NP in the early mid 70's, I remember regularly, the Bob bank would start chanting CARDIFF, CARDIFF, then the Canton, then the Grand stand and enclosures, and then the Grange would take it up... used to be electric with all four sides doing it.

Not sure how it would happen, but just a suggestion.

Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:31 pm

Sand Martin wrote:" EMAIL CARDIFF CITY FOOTBALL CLUB WITH YOUR CONCERNS "

Instead of all these posts blaming individuals or whoever, why aren’t we putting a constructive list of suggestions forward to the club or at least the supported group, and try to engage with the club rather than this bitching and moaning?

The club deserves a stadium full of noise and passion, and like most of us agree it’s silent and embarrassing.

My suggestions-
1) giving some tickets away in family end for young children and local schools in the community.

Any others??

The club or mr Nash don’t care that it’s silent and embarrassing though do they? Isn’t this how modern football is?
Plenty echo what miller time has said, we have lost lots of passionate fans but it’s easier to deal with if we say bollox to that, we haven’t really have we? Yet crowds are poor and the ground is quiet. Ninian Park was noisier in div 4 with 6500 fans going for promotion. On a lighter note, make all the lower ninian standing and charge a tenner, that should liven the place up a bit. :occasion5: :lol:

Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:16 am

The club need to take some tips from Bradford and see how they have increased there crowds, or look into clubs around Europe and how they treat there fans. We obviously got the fan base, but the whole match day excitement has been taken away. We can keep going on and on about the rebrand, but it’s in the past and if old fans don’t want to come back, then we have to accept it and encourage new fans to come instead. The club needs to keep working with the current season ticket holders on ideas to bring that match day buzz if that means looking into safe standing or stewards being less stricter, moving fans to different areas what ever it takes really. I’m sure if we do go up though there will be less issues about filling the ground and more about how to get tickets.

Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:27 am

Turn the friggin tannoy down that keep playing much too noisy Shite music !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :old:

Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:55 am

Sloper Road wrote:

A Few things .You still post on this message board so you must still have an interest.
You also said back in November everyone should get behind Warnock and do what ever to support the boys..well how about attending then!!! you are one misguided individual.

A good post and if that’s what he did say back in November then he a very hypocritical guy.
I think the rebrand alone is a pathetic excuse to not attend.
I hated it with a passion, went on the walks, bought the blue t-shirt, etc, etc but the mistake has been rectified years ago. I think Tan has been a very decent owner in the last few years especially supporting Warnock.
Move on and support ‘Cardiff City’ not the owner.

With regards to the atmosphere I wouldn’t oppose the change of ends for our fans but it doesn’t overly bother me. The club has done pretty much all it can to attract more fans so I believe it’s done to us but I don’t think there’s a solution as such.

Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:02 am

Miller time wrote:Ah so if it’s history we’re not allowed to bring it up.

I’m really sorry for making you feel you had to respond to what I had written....

The re-brand doesn't matter now we are playing in blue.

Who said history doesn't matter? What I said was that the re-brand has bugger all to do with a discussion about atmosphere at the stadium in season 17/18.
Last edited by WelshPatriot on Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:02 am

BaltimoreBlues wrote:The club need to take some tips from Bradford and see how they have increased there crowds, or look into clubs around Europe and how they treat there fans. We obviously got the fan base, but the whole match day excitement has been taken away. We can keep going on and on about the rebrand, but it’s in the past and if old fans don’t want to come back, then we have to accept it and encourage new fans to come instead. The club needs to keep working with the current season ticket holders on ideas to bring that match day buzz if that means looking into safe standing or stewards being less stricter, moving fans to different areas what ever it takes really. I’m sure if we do go up though there will be less issues about filling the ground and more about how to get tickets.

Agreed best way is looking at other Clubs who have maintained large crowds when even not playing well on the pitch.

Not only have they sold cheap season tickets, Bradford really are a club at the heart of their community and do work with their fans and listen to them, but also they've never hurt their own fans, so thats where City have so much to make up.

Attitudes from staff?
Attitude from the people who run the club?
More closeness with the players and the fans :thumbright:
More with the schools :thumbright:
Listen to the fans more :thumbright:
Don't forget your loyal fans once promoted etc :thumbright:

Bradford City average of 20,000 for home games for a club in the middle of League 1(Old div 3) and have done for the last 5-6 years :thumbright: :thumbright:

Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:04 am

Forever Blue wrote:
BaltimoreBlues wrote:The club need to take some tips from Bradford and see how they have increased there crowds, or look into clubs around Europe and how they treat there fans. We obviously got the fan base, but the whole match day excitement has been taken away. We can keep going on and on about the rebrand, but it’s in the past and if old fans don’t want to come back, then we have to accept it and encourage new fans to come instead. The club needs to keep working with the current season ticket holders on ideas to bring that match day buzz if that means looking into safe standing or stewards being less stricter, moving fans to different areas what ever it takes really. I’m sure if we do go up though there will be less issues about filling the ground and more about how to get tickets.

Agreed best way is looking at other Clubs who have maintained large crowds when even not playing well on the pitch.

Not only have they sold cheap season tickets, Bradford really are a club at the heart of their community and do work with their fans and listen to them, but also they've never hurt their own fans, so thats where City have so much to make up.

Attitudes from staff?

Bradford City average of 20,000 for home games for a club in the middle of League 1(Old div 3) and have done for the last 5-6 years :thumbright: :thumbright:

My sons year in high school is predominantly Swansea fans, this is a school on the outskirts of Cardiff and I see the club doing nothing to address it.

Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:06 am

goats wrote:
Sand Martin wrote:" EMAIL CARDIFF CITY FOOTBALL CLUB WITH YOUR CONCERNS "

My suggestions-

Any others??

The club or mr Nash don’t care that it’s silent and embarrassing though do they? Isn’t this how modern football is?
Plenty echo what miller time has said, we have lost lots of passionate fans but it’s easier to deal with if we say bollox to that, we haven’t really have we? Yet crowds are poor and the ground is quiet. Ninian Park was noisier in div 4 with 6500 fans going for promotion. On a lighter note, make all the lower ninian standing and charge a tenner, that should liven the place up a bit. :occasion5: :lol:

Nubian park A. Had better acoustic on the Bob bank the noise would travel B. There were plenty of games with a flat atmosphere too.

Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:15 am

WelshPatriot wrote:

The stadium has shite acoustics, the away fans can't be heard by the Canton and anyone in Ninian is frowned upon by over zealous stewards those are the issues.
The re-brand is history.

Have to agree regarding stewards, i sit in he last row of the Ninian, have always preferred to stand, yet they keep forcefully telling us to sit down, nobody is behind me, its bull shit.

Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:21 am

WelshPatriot wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Attitudes from staff?

My sons year in high school is predominantly Swansea fans, this is a school on the outskirts of Cardiff and I see the club doing nothing to address it.

Exactly whats happened to my old schools, Marshfield Juniors, 6 miles from Cardiff(Newport side), was all Cardiff fans, now the Jacks reguarly visit it and 25 kids now play for the Jacks DVP in Roath/Heath and wear their tops :cry:

Cardiff have not showed any interest and thats the School I went to in 1972 and received my free ticket of Cardiff City which got me hooked on Cardiff City :blue scarf:

Rogerstone and Bassaleg also were all Cardiff fans, now the Jacks have done the same.

The last 8 years Cardiff seem to have lost interest in our youth.

Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:45 am

caerdydd_78 wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:

The re-brand is history.

how is it bull shit?

Have to agree regarding stewards, i sit in he last row of the Ninian, have always preferred to stand, yet they keep forcefully telling us to sit down, nobody is behind me, its bull shit.

Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:57 am

dewidavis wrote:Turn the friggin tannoy down that keep playing much too noisy Shite music !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :old:

Concisely put :thumbup: don't need tannoy wishing every tom dick &Harry a happy birthday or whatever they bang on about. Change the 4% alco to European strength :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:36 am

More cheap tickets will help, only to to look at leeds match on a Tuesday evening, those who don’t attend due to the rebrand, grow up and support your club

Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:46 am

More cheap tickets will help, only to to look at leeds match on a Tuesday evening, those who don’t attend due to the rebrand, grow up and support your club

Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:35 am

Can I ask those who want the end swapped why they don't just use the plenty of spare seats in the Ninian stand next to the away fans. Most those seats are empty and available for purchase.

I'll be honest I've not seen one reason above that would temp people to games, no ones going to go because of half time entertainment etc.

The club already offer reasonabley prices tickets and excellent prices tickets for students but if the club want higher attendances on a regular basis they need to provide cheaper season tickets for the standard people.

At the moment I think current season tickets holders would think what they pay is fair. However the club prices are not low enough to tempt those who are considering a season ticket. The people not buying tickets at the moment needs to feel they are getting a bargain. If its no cost effective to give cheaper tickets then so be it but its the only real way of getting higher attendances.

Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:29 pm

WelshPatriot wrote:
Miller time wrote:Ah so if it’s history we’re not allowed to bring it up.

The re-brand doesn't matter now we are playing in blue.

Who said history doesn't matter? What I said was that the re-brand has bugger all to do with a discussion about atmosphere at the stadium in season 17/18.

People get the rebrand reason all wrong. They stopped going, but the main issue is they have now found other things to do and enjoy them instead. They still follow our results but simply do other things, no big deal, that’s life. :thumbup: