Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ MARKO GRUJIC: I LIKE TO HELP IN DEFENCE AND ATTACK “

Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:56 pm

Newest Bluebirds recruit Marko Grujić spoke exclusively to iFollow Cardiff City following the completion of his loan move from Liverpool on Wednesday.

Wednesday 17th Jan 2018

The Serbian international joins fellow new boy Yanic Wildschut in the City ranks, with both players set to be involved in Neil Warnock’s squad for the trip to Sheffield Wednesday on the weekend.

And in his first interview as a Bluebird, Marko spoke of the reasons behind making a move from Merseyside to South Wales for the rest of the campaign.

“This is a good opportunity for me, to play in a club that will be fighting until the end to get in to the Premier League,” said Marko.

“To work with a manager like Neil Warnock is something I’m looking forward to. I’ve heard good things about him and when he spoke to me he said some good things about me and that I had a chance to play as part of his squad.”

City next head to Hillsborough following Tuesday night’s third round replay defeat of Mansfield Town.

And following Neil Warnock’s post-match comments, the squad know that all focus must be on this key test before they start to think about their upcoming clash with Manchester City.

It’s a sentiment that Marko clearly adheres to as he links up with his new team-mates ahead of the trip to Yorkshire.

“I’m looking forward to Saturday and the rest of the season,” he continued. “I want to make the Cardiff City fans happy and look forward to playing in front of them. I’ve seen the team play a couple of times so I know what to expect.”

Grujić has made a total of 14 first-team appearances for Liverpool in the Premier League, Champions League and Carabao Cup, since joining from Red Star Belgrade in January 2016.

But as for his key qualities, the 1.9m midfielder modestly replied: “I like other people to talk about my qualities, rather than myself!

“But I can play across midfield and like to help in defence and attack. This is a strong team but I’m going to try my best to add something.

“I can’t wait to start this adventure. It’s really exciting.”

Re: “ MARKO GRUJIC: I LIKE TO HELP IN DEFENCE AND ATTACK “

Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:00 pm

Welcome and good luck Marko.

Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:04 pm

Sounds a great prospect .Box-to-box midfielder, unlike Matic.

Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:35 pm

Sounds like he really wants to be here too which is excellent. Welcome to The Asylum Marko! Wibble.

Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:46 pm

What happens when he wants to pass the ball and see's our manager going ballistic ?

Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:33 pm

Looks like Gunners replacement !!!

The spine is coming back to full strength, Morrison and Zohore back, Bamba Manga and Ralls, with hopefully Grabban or another striker, and Bogle, Healy, Connolly as back up, with Ward, Bryson and Gunner to follow.

Things are picking up :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:01 am

llan bluebird wrote:What happens when he wants to pass the ball and see's our manager going ballistic ?

:laughing6:
He can always hoof it up for Zahore to chase.