Postby C. Rombie-Coat » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:01 pm

C. Rombie-Coat

Steve Evans Not Happy

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Steve Evans Not Happy

Postby Wolfpac » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:30 pm

Can understand he's bitter but to say Warnocks always been lucky, Neil won't like that from a man he considers a pal.

Overall 2 legs we just about edged it
Wolfpac

Postby Bluebird Warrior » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:39 pm

Yeah its the refs fault u lost 4-1 :roll:
Bluebird Warrior

Postby Wayne S » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:44 pm

He's just pissed off because he had convinced the chairman to give him all tonight's takings for new players them that tosser Warnock played a full strength squad.
Wayne S

Postby Cantonblu » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:08 am

He's bitter because he gave himself and his team a false sense of security really believing that they were in with a chance of beating us after a goaless draw down here,Warnock went for the jugular with a strong squad and there was only going one result and that's what Evans did'nt like a 4-1 thrashing.
Cantonblu

Postby LlwyncelynBlue » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:13 am

That fat b*stard has a cheek. The referee gave them absolutely everything last night, it was embarrassing.
Didn’t mention the two stonewall penalties in the second half in front of us either did you, lard arse?
LlwyncelynBlue

Postby oohahhPaulMillar » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:37 am

Fair play to Fatty that's a proper girly flounce...talking complete nonsense but that's a proper rant
oohahhPaulMillar

Postby NIBluebird » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:02 am

Does anyone have a link of the tackle he's talking about ?
NIBluebird

Postby 1980s Bluebird » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:07 am

4-1 you tramp, Cheerio :wave:
1980s Bluebird

Postby bluebird7291 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:37 am

NIBluebird wrote:Does anyone have a link of the tackle he's talking about ?

i wouldn't mind seeing it, or any highlights :ayatollah:
bluebird7291

Postby BlakeCCFC » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:59 am

The big mouth tosser was at it all game. Wouldn't shut up. Glad we sent them packing!
Port Talbot Bluebirds
BlakeCCFC

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:42 am

Boring and predictable deflection. Managers do too much of this these days instead of putting their hands up and admitting they got tanked.
Tony Blue Williams

Postby Steve Zodiak » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:21 am

Has Steve Evans broken any copywright laws here? He seems to have stolen that speech from this forum. We've been using that excuse all season.
Steve Zodiak

Postby Tonteg Bluebird » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:12 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:Has Steve Evans broken any copywright laws here? He seems to have stolen that speech from this forum. We've been using that excuse all season.

Just to put your "we only moan about the referee when we lose" argument to bed, I was there last night and the referee was absolutely abysmal for us, giving Mansfield everything!

The referee for the Sunderland game was woeful as well, that Sunderland player should never have been sent off.

If the referee is terrible, I will say so whatever the result.
Tonteg Bluebird

Postby jon1959 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:43 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:Has Steve Evans broken any copywright laws here? He seems to have stolen that speech from this forum. We've been using that excuse all season.

Just to put your "we only moan about the referee when we lose" argument to bed, I was there last night and the referee was absolutely abysmal for us, giving Mansfield everything!

The referee for the Sunderland game was woeful as well, that Sunderland player should never have been sent off.

I agree with your first point. The referee was a totally inept 'homer' - until the last 15/20 minutes when he seemed to get more even handed. About half the fouls given against us were not fouls at all, or else were Mansfield fouls!

But on the Ndong red card, I think it was exactly as Coleman described afterwards - could have been red; could have been yellow. Anyway, the FA rejected Sunderland's appeal today.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42718714
jon1959

Postby Tonteg Bluebird » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:54 pm

jon1959 wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

I agree with your first point. The referee was a totally inept 'homer' - until the last 15/20 minutes when he seemed to get more even handed. About half the fouls given against us were not fouls at all, or else were Mansfield fouls!

But on the Ndong red card, I think it was exactly as Coleman described afterwards - could have been red; could have been yellow. Anyway, the FA rejected Sunderland's appeal today.

I thought Ndong cleanly took the ball before making any contact with Hoilett and it was a good tackle. If Ndong went completely over the top of the ball, missing the ball completely, it would be a red, but he cleanly took the ball first and he got a big chunk of the ball.

Anyway, it doesn't affect us, so as unfortunate and wrong I think it is for Sunderland, I couldn't care less! :lol:
Tonteg Bluebird

Postby 1980s Bluebird » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:28 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

Sunderland ref didnt have a bad game actually, thought he let it flow nicely. :bluebird:
1980s Bluebird

Postby Steve Zodiak » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:20 pm

1980s Bluebird wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

Sunderland ref didnt have a bad game actually, thought he let it flow nicely. :bluebird:

I thought the ref for the Sunderland game was distinctly average. He was too quick with his whistle for me, and I think he pulled up play too much. I have seen worse though, and I never thought for one minute that the sending off would be rescinded. Could have been a yellow or red, I don't think they had a hope of getting that one overturned.
Steve Zodiak

Postby bluebird7291 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:56 pm

In fairness it probably was worthy of a red. I wouldn't have moaned too much.
But the ref also stopped us having two pens
bluebird7291

Postby bluebird7291 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:57 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
jon1959 wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

I thought Ndong cleanly took the ball before making any contact with Hoilett and it was a good tackle. If Ndong went completely over the top of the ball, missing the ball completely, it would be a red, but he cleanly took the ball first and he got a big chunk of the ball.

Anyway, it doesn't affect us, so as unfortunate and wrong I think it is for Sunderland, I couldn't care less! :lol:

But that's no longer the rules. You can get sent off for completely missing a player these days. Dangerous play is a red card.
bluebird7291

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:24 pm

bluebird7291 wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
jon1959 wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

But that's no longer the rules. You can get sent off for completely missing a player these days. Dangerous play is a red card.

You beat me to this reply.
It doesn’t matter that the player took the ball first. That’s no argument but in the tonteg world he still thinks it should be.
The referee deemed it, the appeal committee deemed it but taffy tonteg still can’t see it.
I tried to explain on another thread. If this tackle was in years gone by it would have been a great tackle but not now!
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby Tonteg Bluebird » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:37 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
bluebird7291 wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
jon1959 wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

It doesn’t matter that the player took the ball first. That’s no argument but in the tonteg world he still thinks it should be.
The referee deemed it, the appeal committee deemed it but taffy tonteg still can’t see it.
I tried to explain on another thread. If this tackle was in years gone by it would have been a great tackle but not now!

Well in "Tonteg world", the ball was on the ground and Ndong's foot was on the ground - if it wasn't on the ground, he wouldn't have taken a big chunk of the ball and it was only by making contact with the ball knocking him off balance that his foot slightly changed direction to catch Hoilett. I still think it's a ridiculous decision and I'm entitled to my opinion.

Opinions aside, what is it you don't like about me anyway? I usually ignore your ramblings, but you always come across argumentative, abusive and confrontational. Not sure if it's jealousy or an inferiority complex, but you should really get to an anger management clinic. :lol:
Tonteg Bluebird

Postby Steve Zodiak » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:40 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
bluebird7291 wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
jon1959 wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

In his world he would'nt have even given a free kick. The rules have changed since I played, and sometimes you could get away with those sort of tackles. However, even in those days (and I'm talking 40 years back), if your studs were showing you always risked the ref taking some sort of action. The rules now make it quite obvious that was a dangerous tackle. The ref thought so, the hearing panel thought so, and most on here who know the rules thought so. I am not sure if it warranted a straight red, but it was almost inevitable that a card of some colour was going to be shown. Rules are rules even if they are taking almost all physical contact out of the game.
Steve Zodiak

Return to General Chat