Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

UPDATED:LIVERPOOL PLAYER SET TO JOIN CARDIFF CITY ON LOAN?

Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:32 pm

Liverpool's Marko Grujic to join Cardiff on loan as Middlesbrough miss out

Daily Mail

Wednesday 17th Jan 2018

UPDATED :thumbright: :bluebird:

Cardiff are set to complete a loan swoop for Liverpool's Marko Grujic.

Middlesbrough were also trying to sign the Anfield star but Neil Warnock looks to have won the race.

The Serb has found it hard to break into the first-team at Anfield and Jurgen Klopp is keen for him to gain some experience elsewhere.

Marko Grujic is set to join Championship play-off contenders Cardiff on loan from Liverpool

Hearing we have made a late bid to sign Liverpool midfielder Marko Grujic.

Apparently was on the way to Middlesbrough but now might be on way to us.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: “ PREMIER LEAGUE MIFDIELDER HEADING TO CARDIFF CITY? “

Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:39 pm

Dean Jones, of Bleacher Report, said earlier today that he was “likely” to join Middlesbrough on loan imminently.

But, in the last half an hour, he has said: “Oh, Cardiff may have nicked him.”

Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:43 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Dean Jones, of Bleacher Report, said earlier today that he was “likely” to join Middlesbrough on loan imminently.

But, in the last half an hour, he has said: “Oh, Cardiff may have nicked him.”

Wonder if he's cup tied? ;) ;) ;) ;)

Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:51 pm

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marko_Grujić

:D :happy1:

Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:53 pm

Villa were in for him too. He is one of Klopp youngsters that he likes to bleed in but there isn’t any chance for him at the moment so a loan is the only option. This will be a nice signing, bit of technical ability around all this physicality.

Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:55 pm

May as well get Marco Polo in whilst we're at it lol

Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:15 pm

Wolfpac wrote:May as well get Marco Polo in whilst we're at it lol

Nah, he leaves holes in the midfield?. :D

Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:38 pm

GENERAL CHAT wrote:
Wolfpac wrote:May as well get Marco Polo in whilst we're at it lol

Nah, he leaves holes in the midfield?. :D

and hes minted! :laughing6:

Re: “ PREMIER LEAGUE MIDFIELDER HEADING TO CARDIFF CITY? “

Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:53 pm

What a signing that would be.

Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:37 am

Deal done

Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:21 am

Liverpool's Marko Grujic to join Cardiff on loan as Middlesbrough miss out

Daily Mail

Wednesday 17th Jan 2018

Cardiff are set to complete a loan swoop for Liverpool's Marko Grujic.

Middlesbrough were also trying to sign the Anfield star but Neil Warnock looks to have won the race.

The Serb has found it hard to break into the first-team at Anfield and Jurgen Klopp is keen for him to gain some experience elsewhere.

Marko Grujic is set to join Championship play-off contenders Cardiff on loan from Liverpool

The 21-year-old has only made six appearances for Liverpool this season and hasn't featured since the win at Brighton in early December.

Speaking about Grujic in Decemeber, Klopp revealed his plans to let the Reds starlet leave on loan.

'He's right, Marko deserves to play more now,' Klopp said after comments from Grujic's agent about his client needing to play more.

'If it's not possible here then we need to think about it (a loan).

The 21-year-old midfielder has played just six times for Liverpool this season

'I like the boy a lot. He has made progress like hell. His heading is outstanding but he doesn't make the squad a lot which isn't the best thing for him for sure.

'We will think about it. We always want to help the players. First of all as a club we have to think about ourselves.

'I really see Marko in the future playing for Liverpool. But he's not playing in the moment so we have to see what we can do to make it more likely that he comes through in the near future.'
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: UPDATED:LIVERPOOL PLAYER SET TO JOIN CARDIFF CITY ON LOA

Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:34 am

This could be a really decent shout, rated by Klopp but lets be honest with the talent he has at his disposal, he's not going to be able to give this lad a chance, the main thing is he's seen as a future star for Liverpool.

Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:36 am

Manchester City money perfect timing :thumbup:
fair play to Warnock and the board :clap:

Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:10 am

This would be a great signing for city. If we can get Grabban as well I think we can push for top 2!

After a few 'down in the dumps' weeks we can look forward to some exciting times at CCS over the next few months!!
:bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluebird: :D :occasion5:

Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:45 pm

This would be fantastic if we can get this kid. He could do a job for Liverpool in any game so would be amazing for us. :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:55 pm

Simple question is he any good?

Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:58 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:Simple question is he any good?

Looks good on Youtube :banghead: :laughing6:

Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:59 pm

https://youtu.be/zffgHJb3_bo

Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:03 pm

Dahboy wrote:This would be fantastic if we can get this kid. He could do a job for Liverpool in any game so would be amazing for us. :ayatollah:

based on what? hes barely played for liverpool

Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:04 pm

Spoke to A big Liverpool fan and he seems to like him, thought he may have had more chances at Liverpool, thinks its about the right time for a good loan move and to get game time. He said he also likes to shoot, which Warnock would like.

Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:21 pm

He's made 3 Premier League appearences this season with a total of 14 minutes on the pitch.

Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:26 pm

stevee1966 wrote:He's made 3 Premier League appearences this season with a total of 14 minutes on the pitch.

but the main point is Klopp likes him, don't want to get rid. but he needs game time.
Plus we're not Liverpool.

Give the kid a chance i say

Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:43 pm

bluebird7291 wrote:
stevee1966 wrote:He's made 3 Premier League appearences this season with a total of 14 minutes on the pitch.

but the main point is Klopp likes him, don't want to get rid. but he needs game time.

Trouble is managers will always big up players they want to move out. I think it's a fair question to ask is he any good and worth the bother because we have been stung before with this kind of thing.

Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:51 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
bluebird7291 wrote:

Trouble is managers will always big up players they want to move out. I think it's a fair question to ask is he any good and worth the bother because we have been stung before with this kind of thing.

If he plays in Liverpool's U-23s or reserves i'd imagine it's a pretty good standard. He's also got a few full caps for Serbia.
We aren't shopping in Harrods any more so let's have a look I say. Glass half full and all that :thumbup:

Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:52 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
bluebird7291 wrote:

Hopefully, this time the difference will be the recipient manager, Neil Warnock, and his team having half an idea of what they are taking on! ;) :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:59 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
Dahboy wrote:This would be fantastic if we can get this kid. He could do a job for Liverpool in any game so would be amazing for us. :ayatollah:

Has played six times for Liverpool this season he's only 21 and regarded as a great prospect. I think they paid £7mill for him and likened his style of play to namanja matic. So I would say he's pretty good for a championship side.

Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:04 pm

Dahboy wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

Has played six times for Liverpool this season he's only 21 and regarded as a great prospect. I think they paid £7mill for him and likened his style of play to namanja matic. So I would say he's pretty good for a championship side.

He wouldn't be involved in 6 Liverpool First Team games if he wasn't any good or (at least) rated as a prospect :thumbright:

Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:08 pm

He’s had more game time than Ben Woodburn this season, and we would all be over the moon if we’d got him on loan. My friend is a big Liverpool fan and he seems to think he would be a superb signing for us. Of what I’ve personallly seen of him, I think he would be great for us in the middle of the park. He’ll give us that extra bit of bite we’ve been missing. And also he’s a big lump so is a threat from set pieces and could win a few flick on’s for our attackers to take advantage of.

Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:13 pm

https://mobile.twitter.com/MozzartSport ... 1174646784

He’s signed

Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:19 pm

All done :thumbup: