Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MY VIEW:WARNOCK TONIGHT SENT OUT HIS STRONGEST TEAM TO FACE

Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:36 pm

My View/Opinion

NEIL WARNOCK TONIGHT SENT OUT HIS STRONGEST TEAM TO FACE MANSFIELD TOWN & IT PAID OFF AS CARDIFF CITY NOW FACE GIANTS MANCHESTER CITY AT HOME :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

But Mansfield made it tough and made Warnocks team fight all the way, thankfully City's quality shone through in the end :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

First-Half: Mansfield were the dominant team as expected as it was their Cup Final, City will have been happy to have gone in at 1-1.

Second-half: A few frights,but in the end Cardiff took control.

MANSFIELD TOWN 1 CARDIFF CITY 4 FA CUP 3RD RD REPLAY :thumbright:
Crowd
Away 550 Cardiff fans :bluebird:

Neil Etheridge Jazz Richards Sean Morrison Bruno Manga Joe Bennett Callum Paterson Loic Damour Joe Ralls
Anthony Pilkington Junior Hoilett Kenneth Zohore

Subs: Brian Murphy Greg Halford Lee Tomlin Liam Feeney Nathaniel Mendez-Laing Omar Bogle Rhys Healey

After 20 mins, Mansfield as expected had most of the attacking.

Cardiff had not created much at this stage of the game though as Mansfield were battling for everything.

25th min Junior Hoilett booked, Mansfields freekick, kicked over the bar.

Mansfield continued creating chances.

But then against the run of play in the 34th min, Bruno Manga made it 0-1 City, after Zohore had a header saved with Manga heading the rebound in :thumbright: :bluebird:
Completely against the run of play.

With in a minute Mansfield made it 1-1 :cry:

Mansfield finished the first-half the stronger and City will have been happy to have gone in drawing at half-time.

H/T MANSFIELD T 1 CARDIFF C 1

City started the second-half attacking Mansfield from the start, Warnock must have had a lot to say at half-time :bluebird: :bluebird:

As time went on, it became end to end.

Ralls, Paterson and Morrison were booked.

66th min Paterson curled another great ball into the six-yard box and this time Junior Hoilett got on the end of it. 1-2 City :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

71st min Mansfield did not clear a low ball into the box and Anthony Pilkington pounced, firing past Logan from eight yards. 1-3 City :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

75th min Greg Halford replaced Joe Ralls .

City took control from then on :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

88th min Junior Hoilett made it 1-4 :thumbright:

F/T MANSFIELD T 1 CARDIFF C 4 :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

MY MAN OF THE MATCH CALUM PATERSON :thumbright: :bluebird:

UP NEXT THIS SATURDAY SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY V CARDIFF CITY 5:30PM ( CITY HAVE 3,500 TICKETS) :thumbright: :bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: MY VIEW:WARNOCK TONIGHT SENT OUT HIS STRONGEST TEAM TO F

Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:39 pm

Great result back on course!

Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:46 pm

Glad we put out a strong team and seem to have the winning mentality back. Well done lads :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:02 pm

Yep, well done lads. Great result, now for Wednesday on Sat.

Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:02 pm

Had to put out a strong team tonight - the rewards were to much to loose ( money wise )

Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:39 am

Pulisnewport wrote:Great result back on course!

We've Scored 8 goals now in last two games, great confidence booster :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:40 am

englishbluebird wrote:Glad we put out a strong team and seem to have the winning mentality back. Well done lads :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Yes Warnock was Spot on :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:42 am

Dai Drope wrote:Yep, well done lads. Great result, now for Wednesday on Sat.

Yes back to the bread and butter :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:42 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:Had to put out a strong team tonight - the rewards were to much to loose ( money wise )

Exactly Tony :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird: