MY THOUGHTS: THE 2018/19 KITS

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Sam ReaN » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:02 pm

I think that this is huge as it is the look of the whole team I think that the Kits we have this season are incredible. I think that The Bluebirds should go with my idea for both Home and Away kits as I was the one who suggested the lime green kit, and got it this season. So here we go the big choice for next seasons kit.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Home

TOP:
Colour: BLUE
Additional Features:
Thin White Stripes On The Front And Back
White Trim Around The Neck, Arms, Shorts and Bottom Of The Shirt
Visit Malaysia: White
Adidas Stripes: On The Shoulders - White

SHORTS:
Colour: White
Adidas Stripes: Blue
Additional Features: Blue Trim Around The Bottom

SOCKS:
Stripes: Blue

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________[/

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Away

TOP:
Colour: Purple
Additional Features:
Thin White Stripes Front and Back
White Trim On The Edges Of Shirt

SHORTS:
Additional Features:
Purple Trim Around The Bottom Of The Shorts, And Along The Sides

SOCKS
Colour: Purple
Adidas Stripes: White

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I know this is the last thing to read, but I think that we need to look ahead of things if we want a nice looking 2 kits for next season, I think this would be epic a return to purple for the bluebirds with a nice slick white trim which will look absolute lush, I can't wait to find out next seasons kits :ayatollah:
Also On The Sam ReaN YouTube Channel
Cardiff City Highlights On Bits From The Action
The ReaN Show Series 1-6
CardiffFanTV / On Facebook & YouTube
Vlogging Adventures
Video Games
SUBSCRIBE IN 2024
Sam ReaN

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: MY THOUGHTS: THE 2018/19 KITS

Postby 2blue2handle » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:10 pm

Unless I'm reading it wrong you want blue home and purple away? Aren't they are but similar.
2blue2handle

Postby RICK+CCFC » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:16 pm

What we need is a back to tradition blue and white home kit with yellow trim, and a traditional yellow away kit,,, all with the traditional blue birds crest.
RICK+CCFC

Postby mucker » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:23 pm

Off the shoulder with revealing cleavage
mucker

Postby Gaynor Straight » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:41 pm

Like the sound of the purple away kit but we can't have the same colour shorts on both kits
Gaynor Straight

Postby Once a blue always a blue44 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:05 pm

I do get very excited when the new kit comes out! Trouble is my stomach is growing outwards and they don't look as good on me as they used to lol!

Like the sound of the home kit but perhaps with a hint of yellow? Could the thin white stripes be yellow instead?

The away kit - I absolutely love the colour purple as long as it doesn't look more like West Ham or Aston villas kit (yes I like burgundy too but not their kits) it needs to be more of a light grape purple or raspberry berry red! I wondered if Purple and lime green would be a great combination. Perhaps purple top, lime green shorts and purple socks with lime green stripes - now I know it's abit different but it would be amazing if it looked like that - I defo buy the entire kit!
Once a blue always a blue44

Postby Once a blue always a blue44 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:09 pm

Once a blue always a blue44 wrote:I do get very excited when the new kit comes out! Trouble is my stomach is growing outwards and they don't look as good on me as they used to lol!

Like the sound of the home kit but perhaps with a hint of yellow? Could the thin white stripes be yellow instead?

The away kit - I absolutely love the colour purple as long as it doesn't look more like West Ham or Aston villas kit (yes I like burgundy too but not their kits) it needs to be more of a light grape purple or raspberry berry red! I wondered if Purple and lime green would be a great combination. Perhaps purple top, lime green shorts and purple socks with lime green stripes - now I know it's abit different but it would be amazing if it looked like that - I defo buy the entire kit!

Oh dear I just googled my idea - it turns out a club over the bridge have already done that! :o but having said that - it would look much better with our badge on it though!
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (102.39 KiB) Viewed 3196 times

Postby Sam ReaN » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:27 pm

I think Purple and White is an incredible combination the same purple as Man City's current away kit, which will be epic, with potentially purple shorts and white stripes, and purple stripes and white socks

Orr another idea I had was, having a normal green away kit, not lime, Green Top and Shorts, white socks and white stripes on the shoulders of the top and green stripes on the socks

Green and White i another amazing combination and something I believe Cardiff never had as an away kit :ayatollah:
Also On The Sam ReaN YouTube Channel
Cardiff City Highlights On Bits From The Action
The ReaN Show Series 1-6
CardiffFanTV / On Facebook & YouTube
Vlogging Adventures
Video Games
SUBSCRIBE IN 2024
Sam ReaN

Postby phildavies » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:28 pm

Sam ReaN wrote:I think Purple and White is an incredible combination the same purple as Man City's current away kit, which will be epic, with potentially purple shorts and white stripes, and purple stripes and white socks

Orr another idea I had was, having a normal green away kit, not lime, Green Top and Shorts, white socks and white stripes on the shoulders of the top and green stripes on the socks

Green and White i another amazing combination and something I believe Cardiff never had as an away kit :ayatollah:

Deffo had a green and white kit in the Ken Thorpe world of cars sponsorship days as I have it. Don’t know if it was away or third choice though.
city till i die.............................................

Trying to combat the underrating of our own players and overestimating of other teams on this board
phildavies

Postby Once a blue always a blue44 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:40 pm

Normal green colour away kit would be nice - like a possible Wales away kit?

Postby Wolfpac » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:51 pm

mucker wrote:Off the shoulder with revealing cleavage

I'm dying haha
Wolfpac

Postby Wolfpac » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:52 pm

Sam you seem a sound lad with a lot of passion but for me the purple is a no and a more traditional black with yellow or maybe yellow with blue would be my idea for an away kit.
Wolfpac

Postby Wayne S » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:33 pm

Attachments
cardiff_city_1987-1988.gif
cardiff_city_1987-1988.gif (5.71 KiB) Viewed 2803 times
Wayne S

Postby WelshPatriot » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:32 am

RICK+CCFC wrote:What we need is a back to tradition blue and white home kit with yellow trim, and a traditional yellow away kit,,, all with the traditional blue birds crest.

How have you come to the conclusion the yellow is traditional?? It was on our kit for 4 years hardly tradition is it.
WelshPatriot

Postby powysblue » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:08 am

Only 1 kit in it for me - but will it ever happen again?

sayer 75-6.jpg
sayer 75-6.jpg (57.12 KiB) Viewed 2537 times

Liked the black/yellow away kit.

Bloobirds forever ! :bluescarf: :thumbup:
powysblue

Postby dogfound » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:49 am

WelshPatriot wrote:
RICK+CCFC wrote:What we need is a back to tradition blue and white home kit with yellow trim, and a traditional yellow away kit,,, all with the traditional blue birds crest.

How have you come to the conclusion the yellow is traditional?? It was on our kit for 4 years hardly tradition is it.

....agree..i did like that 70s kit but traditional it is not.
and tbh if that kit had never been used but was suggested by the club for next season the exact same fans calling it traditional would be in meltdown..
dogfound

Postby mr_nellio » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:42 pm

I would love some yellow trim on the home kit. Really miss the yellow.
Blue for life
mr_nellio

Postby Sven » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:51 pm

mr_nellio wrote:I would love some yellow trim on the home kit. Really miss the yellow.

Apparently, Swansea are adopting the yellow on their kit but to be a bit 'different' so as not to be accused of copying their bitter capital city neighbours, they have decided to place the yellow steak on their shirts straight down the middle of the back! ;) :lol:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Wayne S » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:04 pm

People just love the kit of their childhood and then always think it is traditional.

Apart from the initial kit of brown our tradition is blue and white.

Yellow was very late to the party.
Wayne S

Postby Lamboy88 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:21 pm

I would like to see homage to the riverside fc kit as an away kit. Amber, brown and black - there is nothing out there like it. With a modern brand like adidas, it could be really classy and original, along with showing off a big part of our history.
Lamboy88

Postby 1980s Bluebird » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:25 pm

Sam, if your responsible for that High Vis Vest colour you should be made to wear a onesy in that colour for the rest of the season, it is shocking mate.

Purple....look like Villa

Blue and White home

Yellow and Blue away :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluebird:
1980s Bluebird

Postby Blue_Barber » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:15 pm

I think our problem is unless your a very big club adidas just template the kits, they’ll have a set number of colour types, colours, patterns etc - if you look at the last few seasons they’ve released about 3 templates and swapped them around the clubs over the years.

That’s no dig at Adidas I love their kits but they aren’t very bespoke!
Blue_Barber

Postby Buchanan's Exocet » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:46 pm

We are blue and white, but yellow trim completes our kit really well.
Looks much better.
Much better than the blue white and red in our current cheap looking worm infested badge!!
Memories fade but the scars still linger!
Buchanan's Exocet

Postby phildavies » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:39 am

Lamboy88 wrote:I would like to see homage to the riverside fc kit as an away kit. Amber, brown and black - there is nothing out there like it. With a modern brand like adidas, it could be really classy and original, along with showing off a big part of our history.

Would be cool as an away kit maybe next year for our 120th anniversary :ayatollah:
city till i die.............................................

Trying to combat the underrating of our own players and overestimating of other teams on this board
phildavies

Postby 1980s Bluebird » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:38 am

Lamboy88 wrote:I would like to see homage to the riverside fc kit as an away kit. Amber, brown and black - there is nothing out there like it. With a modern brand like adidas, it could be really classy and original, along with showing off a big part of our history.

Newport County :shock:

Lets have a white away kit aswell :shock:

:bluescarf:
1980s Bluebird

Return to General Chat