Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Giggs your having a Laugh

Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:19 pm

Giggs has stated on BBC that questioning his commitment was unfair. How can it be unfair when you hardly ever turned up for friendlies. You were fit to play for MU on Saturday then unfit for a Wednesday friendlies then fit the following Saturday for MU on numerous occasions, so come of it Giggs you were a Fergie puppet and nothing else. I hope now that you are manager you are now going to turn up for friendlies, or do you still have to ask Fergie. You will never make a manager because you are gutless. :clap:

Re: Giggs your having a Laugh

Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:15 pm

Bluesman wrote:Giggs has stated on BBC that questioning his commitment was unfair. How can it be unfair when you hardly ever turned up for friendlies. You were fit to play for MU on Saturday then unfit for a Wednesday friendlies then fit the following Saturday for MU on numerous occasions, so come of it Giggs you were a Fergie puppet and nothing else. I hope now that you are manager you are now going to turn up for friendlies, or do you still have to ask Fergie. You will never make a manager because you are gutless. :clap:

It's all been done now and he is where he is ;)

Wales fans have a personal choice to either support the guy or not but I will say that the two, Wales and Giggs, now amount to the same thing; so if people want the best for Wales they'll get behind him until results (hopefully not) prove otherwise :thumbright:

Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:46 pm

Bluesman wrote:Giggs has stated on BBC that questioning his commitment was unfair. How can it be unfair when you hardly ever turned up for friendlies. You were fit to play for MU on Saturday then unfit for a Wednesday friendlies then fit the following Saturday for MU on numerous occasions, so come of it Giggs you were a Fergie puppet and nothing else. I hope now that you are manager you are now going to turn up for friendlies, or do you still have to ask Fergie. You will never make a manager because you are gutless. :clap:

I'm a passionate Welshman,i support Wales, even players who might play for the jacks once they pull the red shirt on they are Welsh.

Likewise giggs is our manager and regardless of the past he'll get my full backing and I hope he's successful taking us to the Euros.

Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:55 pm

I thought Alan Shearer put it well.

Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:57 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:I thought Alan Shearer put it well.

And his Father!!

Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:58 pm

What did shearer say?

Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:00 pm

Igovernor wrote:

What did shearer say?

Shearer did the usual "friendlies joke" about giggs.

The irony in that giggs turned put for wales more times than shearer did for England.

Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:03 pm

Igovernor wrote:

What did shearer say?

“It’ll be interesting to see how he gets the players to turn up for friendlies. He made his debut in ‘91, I think it was, in a qualifier. And he didn’t play in a friendly for nine years, I think, until 2000. So good luck trying to get the players together.”

Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:06 pm

WelshPatriot wrote:
Igovernor wrote:

What did shearer say?

The irony in that giggs turned put for wales more times than shearer did for England.

To be fair Shearer was an international player for 8 years, Giggs for 16 years. Almost the same number of caps for both players, I think just one or two caps different.

Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:16 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:
Igovernor wrote:

What did shearer say?

To be fair Shearer was an international player for 8 years, Giggs for 16 years. Almost the same number of caps for both players, I think just one or two caps different.

Exactly as player shearer isn't fit to lace the Welsh wizards boots let alone criticise him.

Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:19 pm

WelshPatriot wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:
Igovernor wrote:

What did shearer say?

Exactly as player shearer isn't fit to lace the Welsh wizards boots let alone criticise him.

Don't particularly like Shearer, but he is the all time top scorer in the PL, and by quite some distance as well.

Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:24 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:
Igovernor wrote:

What did shearer say?

Don't particularly like Shearer, but he is the all time top scorer in the PL, and by quite some distance as well.

Kane will wipe that record but all round shearer can't touch giggs.....his wife might be able to though.

Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:27 pm

No fan of Giggs but it does make me smile All these fans questioning his commitment and the fact that he didn’t turn up for friendliest,l wonder how many of them turned up forWales friendliest during those times

Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:14 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
Igovernor wrote:

What did shearer say?

“It’ll be interesting to see how he gets the players to turn up for friendlies. He made his debut in ‘91, I think it was, in a qualifier. And he didn’t play in a friendly for nine years, I think, until 2000. So good luck trying to get the players together.”

Sadly he suffered hamstring injuries regularly. If he played two games in a week he got injured ergo he missed Wales friendlies. He also missed a variety of Man U games and rarely played twice a week for United. Used to drive United fans mad when Lee Sharpe and Kanchelskis played.

I prefer his comments about qualifying for England and saying that he wouldn’t have played for England even if he could have and that he would have preferred playing for Wales, the country of his birth.

Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:39 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
Igovernor wrote:

What did shearer say?

Sadly he suffered hamstring injuries regularly. If he played two games in a week he got injured ergo he missed Wales friendlies. He also missed a variety of Man U games and rarely played twice a week for United. Used to drive United fans mad when Lee Sharpe and Kanchelskis played.

I prefer his comments about qualifying for England and saying that he wouldn’t have played for England even if he could have and that he would have preferred playing for Wales, the country of his birth.

Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:58 pm

This Giggs friendly business is becoming draining, give it a rest and get behind the man.

Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:14 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
Igovernor wrote:

What did shearer say?

i didnt..he was having a dig at Wales not Giggs..
he absolutely detests Bellamy for his idiot antics at Newcastle ,so if you think Bellers would have dodged criticism your mistaken

Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:58 pm

bluescarlet wrote:This Giggs friendly business is becoming draining, give it a rest and get behind the man.

Same people who slated Coleman, look at how that turned out.

Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:53 am

Patriotic Giggsy?....ur aving a laarf

Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:17 am

Well to be fair Manchester United were going for the Premier league title season after season

Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:59 am

Not bothered about his commitment to Wales, however his character in general does concern me.

These players have to follow him into the trenches! Even though it has no relevance on football, a man who sleeps with his brothers Mrs for 8 years by default must have a ? over his character! If I think this what do the players think? Who does that anyway unless you want to appear on jeremy kyle.

Most importantly for me however is that this was the biggest and most vital managerial appointment in Welsh football history.

Rambo, Bale, Allen & Davis all hitting their prime, with 3 exciting youngsters coming through!

This was the time to appoint an experienced manager and in my opinion someone like Bilic with his experience with croatia or even Mick McCarthy would have been much better options.

Typical FAW can't think outside the box and be progressive! Why does the manager have to be Welsh? Why coudn' t it be the best man for the Job!

Out of the 4 I'd have gone Bellers with Osian as assistant!

Will support but have a bad feeling that we've missed the boat again!

Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:03 pm

Think a bit too much is being made of this, we took a failed manager on a few years ago who had an average career winning nothing, and he was a jack. So Giggs didn’t show up much but you can bet that was down to fergie for sure. Fancy a 10th title and a champions league medal Ryan or are you to Cyprus for a friendly.....no brainier.
Bale went all out for Wales to get it to the Euros, playing with all sorts of injuries, he still hasn’t recovered and might be on his way out of Madrid as a result of his efforts 2 years ago.....