Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Fair Play Well Done Neil Warnock Tight Lipped

Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:05 pm

I said a while back the media or message boards had no sniff of what's going on. Its being kept in house. I will say that information that used to fly out of the doors has stopped. I spoke to somebody yesterday all I was told was mc coldrick wasn't a rumour and the other players coming in was more of secret than mI6 :lol: :thumbright:

Re: Fair Play Well Done Neil Warnock Tight Lipped

Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:47 pm

You’re right. Part of the reason is that Warnock son is an agent and handles some of the transfers. Secrecy is paramount for them - I don’t mind it too much...always nice to know a little secret though!

Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:23 pm

Best way to be the minute you tell anyone your business it’s out in the open and other clubs start sniffing atound

Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:39 pm

The two he signed already mi5 job he doesn’t even know himself who they are yet

Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:15 pm

i wouldn't say tight lipped, he said last week after our last game, that there would be no new signings before Mansfield game. which tells me the club hadn't even approached any other clubs at that point and they're still likely to be discussing options.

Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:17 pm

bluebird04 wrote:i wouldn't say tight lipped, he said last week after our last game, that there would be no new signings before Mansfield game. which tells me the club hadn't even approached any other clubs at that point and they're still likely to be discussing options.

He must be confident of getting a player or even two in by this time next week though. He said in his pre Mansfield interview this morning that he’d be very disappointed if he hasn’t got one or two in by this time next week, all will be revealed in the next few days. I for one cannot wait, I do like a surprise. :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:22 pm

bluebird04 wrote:i wouldn't say tight lipped, he said last week after our last game, that there would be no new signings before Mansfield game. which tells me the club hadn't even approached any other clubs at that point and they're still likely to be discussing options.

Did not Warnock say that he had signed and sealed at least 2 players and would deliver them when the window opened and now he is saying he is trying to gets some deals over the line,couldn't make it up

Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:25 pm

angelis1949 wrote:

Did not Warnock say that he had signed and sealed at least 2 players and would deliver them when the window opened and now he is saying he is trying to gets some deals over the line,couldn't make it up

Pointed this out couple days ago so anyone's guess what's the real situation is :old:

Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:52 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
angelis1949 wrote:

Pointed this out couple days ago so anyone's guess what's the real situation is :old:

Can anyone actually show a link to this quote as I read every I can and never seen such quite.

Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:15 am

2blue2handle wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
angelis1949 wrote:

Can anyone actually show a link to this quote as I read every I can and never seen such quite.

Sorry no idea how do such things on here! But it was in a thread and the content of what's been said is accurate! now did NW actually say it well so much is quoted it's hard to know really.

Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:52 am

pembroke allan wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
angelis1949 wrote:

Sorry no idea how do such things on here! But it was in a thread and the content of what's been said is accurate! now did NW actually say it well so much is quoted it's hard to know really.

Update found a quote in transfer update thread regarding 2 players all but signed but not one i originally saw, but if you go through other threads says hope to sign couple of players and other less confident statements regarding possible players coming in! Hence previously said contridictory statements regarding possible recruits. :old:

Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:28 am

How does that tell you we hadn't event approached anyone? Prehaps they fell through? Or prehaps they're delayed?

Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:21 am

Did anyone actually hear him say two deals done or was it just on here?

Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:06 am

maccydee wrote:Did anyone actually hear him say two deals done or was it just on here?

Exactly!
Someone says something on here or reads a newspaper clip and the usual culprits take it as gospel.
People guessing, second guessing it gets pathetic at times.
Just kick back and wait and see what happens. Patience is needed especially with Warnock as unlike other managers, he keeps his business quiet until it happens. I prefer that.

Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:23 am

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
maccydee wrote:Did anyone actually hear him say two deals done or was it just on here?

Exactly!
Someone says something on here or reads a newspaper clip and the usual culprits take it as gospel.
Just kick back and wait and see what happens. Patience is needed especially with Warnock as unlike other managers, he keeps his business quiet until it happens. I prefer that.

Although on the bright side news getting out about Jody Morris signing stopped it happening.

Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:36 am

maccydee wrote:
OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:

Exactly!

Although on the bright side news getting out about Jody Morris signing stopped it happening.

Neil :thumbright: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:05 pm

Someone said Stephen Ireland today, and funny enough he players has been out for ever with a very serious break, can't see it myself way to much of a risk, will he ever be ft he same again ???