"In Warnock we Trust?"

A forum for all things Cardiff City

"In Warnock we Trust?"

Postby Bakedalasker » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:47 pm

"In Warnock we Trust"

Right lets have a deep soul searching thread.

Who now has their Trust in Warnock?

Before our poor run of games started I can recall 2 users on here who questioned Warnocks tactics. Both have got slaughtered on here for their opinions. I wonder now if their adversaries will be so disagreeing with them.

Personally I think we have thrown a great chance of running away with this league with Wolves. Yes we are still in the mix but for how long is the worry for me now. I feel our strikers have not been up to the mark. Take Zorhore for instance. After this opening season goal he went a few games without scoring with his next goals coming with a double against Leeds. At the time no one cared as we were doing well. However now we are doing bad this is when we need them to step up. Yes he scored that cracker against Fulham but I'm struggling to remember any other chance he had got on goal.

However is the reason our injuries. I think there is a strong argument here as for me Danny Ward stepped in up front with a few goals. Losing him I believe is on a par to losing Morrison. Then Bogle looked the deal with his 2 goals but unfortunately has gone off the mark. It's good to see Healey back but I don't think he is that poacher.

So for me the problem is upfront. With Zohore, Ward, Bogle and now Healey you would not think it was a problem. So the question is has Warnock used these to the best of their abilities, has Warnock been let down by them or do you think the problem is somewhere else and if so where. If you think somewhere else do you think Warnock has managed it well?
Bakedalasker

"In Warnock we Trust?"

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: "In Warnock we Trust"

Postby DEANO » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:49 pm

To me we all have different views we have looked really dodgy at the back due to manga and poor goalkeepers
DEANO

Re: "In Warnock we Trust?"

Postby Steve Zodiak » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:52 pm

Could see Wolves running away with the league, but looking at our squad, I have never believed that we could hope for much more than a play off place, and even that is no cert at the moment.
Steve Zodiak

Postby blue lagoon » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:55 pm

I'd gladly see warnock sign a 5 year contract. 100% trust him with my investment every season.
Attachments
22730331_10214063379915916_336426562601525099_n.jpg
22730331_10214063379915916_336426562601525099_n.jpg (30.22 KiB) Viewed 2319 times
WE'LL ALWAYS BE BLUE!
blue lagoon

Postby 2blue2handle » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:59 pm

Still trust Warnock but he needs to bring in the right players in Jan. We need more power and strength in midfield, we have needed more than Gunnerson all season. In fact I would go as far as to say someone better than Gunnerson who I don't think is as good as people make out.

This then will hopefully allow the others more freedom to attack and create. At the moment the middle three are trying a chasing and closing down but little else.
2blue2handle

Postby maccydee » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:06 pm

Where did you predict we would finish?

We are well above that.

I always said that if we had a really bad run idiots would turn on him. I was correct.
maccydee

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:10 pm

maccydee wrote:Where did you predict we would finish?

We are well above that.

I always said that if we had a really bad run idiots would turn on him. I was correct.

You are, especially the idiots that think Tan turning up to watch the games is the reason for our slump.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby Leytonstoneblue » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:12 pm

We have to trust Warnock to turn it around, the injuries to key players have done for us, not Warnocks tactics. He must be hugely disappointed with Tomlin, as he was supposed to be our creative midfielder, but cant even get himself fit to play, he also signed Camp as our number one and hasn't been able to play him. Im also not impressed with Patterson so far, he has added nothing to the team. You have to believe that Warnock will make the right signings over the next week, we are still very much in this :thumbup:
5 Live commentary, English Wigan V Welsh Wigan April 2013,
" it's gone a bit quiet with the Wigan fans and there aren't enough Swansea fans to make a noise"
Leytonstoneblue

Postby Pencoed » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:12 pm

Two weeks till are next league hopefully get one or two, get some good work donein training hopefully Morrison and gunna won't be to far off, and get back on track.
Pencoed

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:13 pm

The injuries are main problem as defence is not as strong with morrison out and ward is out so weaker upfront! Lost midfielders as well, just think we've lost momentum with all the injuries hopefully 2wk break with new players and injured ones coming back will hopefully changed our fortunes? People question NW style ect ect but all managers have a way of playing and very thew are successful at it. :thumbup:
pembroke allan

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:16 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:

We are well above that.

You are, especially the idiots that think Tan turning up to watch the games is the reason for our slump.[/q

I blame Ifollow for the the slump as since I've started watching games on it we haven't won! :old:
pembroke allan

Postby 2blue2handle » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:22 pm

pembroke allan wrote:

We are well above that.

You are, especially the idiots that think Tan turning up to watch the games is the reason for our slump.[/q

I blame Ifollow for the the slump as since I've started watching games on it we haven't won! :old:

Or the people with half season tickets :old:
2blue2handle

Postby Bakedalasker » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:25 pm

We are well above that.

You are, especially the idiots that think Tan turning up to watch the games is the reason for our slump.

Hahahaha I've got under someones skin.

Now how about answering the question?
Bakedalasker

Postby worcester_ccfc » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:28 pm

Unfortunately some of our fans will never criticise Warnock.

Had the same last season, when we didn’t play well.

It seems some of our fans think our manager should be exempt from criticism.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:29 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:

We are well above that.

Not really. I’m just laughing at the naivety of your post on the reason for the slump.
I’m certainly not going to waste my time trying to explain things to you.
For that reason ... I’m out.
:lol:
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:31 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

We are well above that.

They'll be asking for refunds soon? :laughing6:
pembroke allan

Postby Bakedalasker » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:31 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Unfortunately some of our fans will never criticise Warnock.

Had the same last season, when we didn’t play well.

It seems some of our fans think our manager should be exempt from criticism.

Well Ned in a way Warnock has deserved that statues considering how he found us and where he has got us. However and as you know honeymoons can come to an end. This one has been going on for a while although the end could be neigh.
Bakedalasker

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:31 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

We are well above that.

Could be, but I’ve checked with the met office and on each game since our slump we’ve had rain at some time so I think the weather is at fault not good ‘ole Vincent.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby Bakedalasker » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:32 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:

We are well above that.

Not really. I’m just laughing at the naivety of your post on the reason for the slump.
I’m certainly not going to waste my time trying to explain things to you.
For that reason ... I’m out.
:lol:

If you are taking me that seriously then yes I recommend you get out,
Bakedalasker

Postby keano » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:33 pm

You joking surely
keano

Postby Bakedalasker » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:36 pm

keano wrote:You joking surely

Who?
Bakedalasker

Postby brickyblue » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:42 pm

Cant judge a season on half a season but we were flying and the wheels have come off.
Warnock has progressed this team hugely the last for games are hard to take.
Hasn't had massive money like all the clubs around us in the league.
The league position is great but the last four games and performances before that have been dissapointing for all of us.

Two weeks or so till the next league game so Warnock has time now to bring players in and re galvanise the team.

The second half of the season is going to be as hard as the first half all clubs want the same thing.

Support your club and hope thats all we can do.
brickyblue

Postby Steve Zodiak » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:47 pm

brickyblue wrote:Cant judge a season on half a season but we were flying and the wheels have come off.
The league position is great but the last four games and performances before that have been dissapointing for all of us.

Two weeks or so till the next league game so Warnock has time now to bring players in and re galvanise the team.

The second half of the season is going to be as hard as the first half all clubs want the same thing.

Agree with all that. We are in with a shout as we go into the second half, could'nt ask for much more considering where we were before he arrived, and the tight budget he is working with.
Steve Zodiak

Postby 2blue2handle » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:01 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
brickyblue wrote:Cant judge a season on half a season but we were flying and the wheels have come off.

Agree with all that. We are in with a shout as we go into the second half, could'nt ask for much more considering where we were before he arrived, and the tight budget he is working with.

Totally agree, I thought we would be pushing for the playoffs and we have done far better so far, going into the new year in touching distance if second. We now need to regroup ans keep fighting but still way ahead of schedule for me.
2blue2handle

Postby Nickoblue23 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:08 pm

Every promotion chasing team in the championship will always need a top class keeper and luck with injuries. When we won the league we only really lost Manynard and we also had Marshall in goals.

You could see this coming from the Hull game. Some how we scrapped the 3 points.

Unfortunately we took a big risk in signing an injured keeper, we've lost our Captain, our player of the season last year, our top goal scorer with long term injuries. Zahore will come good but it will take a bit longer.

No other team has been hit like us. I think Top 2 will go to either Villa, Wolves, Derby or brough but I still believe we can get a top 6.
When our players come back we will still mix it with anyone.

We need get a top keeper on loan in Jan. Like what Huddersfield did with Ward. CM is desperate and a proper replacement up top. Looking forward to getting KH back and I think we can all see it is Morrison not Bamba who is the organiser at the back!!

You only realise how important Morrison is when he's not there!!
Nickoblue23

Postby Steve Zodiak » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:09 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

Totally agree, I thought we would be pushing for the playoffs and we have done far better so far, going into the new year in touching distance if second. We now need to regroup ans keep fighting but still way ahead of schedule for me.

Looks like we are going to be 3rd in the table this evening. Don't see that there should be too much criticism aimed at anyone tonight. Way better than I anticipated, in fact I think we have done brilliantly up to now. A couple of wins will soon put everything right.
Steve Zodiak

Postby nubbsy » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:10 pm

I still trust him. Our squad has been hammered, we had TWO defenders in midfield today.

There's always going to be mistakes made in tactics or signings but four defeats in a row or not we have massively over achieved so far.

warnock is still 100% still the best man for this job. No soul searching from me just yet.
nubbsy

Postby City Slicker » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:20 pm

nubbsy wrote:I still trust him. Our squad has been hammered, we had TWO defenders in midfield today.

There's always going to be mistakes made in tactics or signings but four defeats in a row or not we have massively over achieved so far.

warnock is still 100% still the best man for this job. No soul searching from me just yet.

If anyone can sort this out Warnock can. A few more recruits and hopefully we'll catch our second wind while others do a "Bristol City tonight". :thumbup:
Last edited by City Slicker on Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
City Slicker

Postby maccydee » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:20 pm

nubbsy wrote:I still trust him. Our squad has been hammered, we had TWO defenders in midfield today.

Top post
maccydee

Postby lyndipops » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:25 pm

It is my fault for wearing my lucky shirt!! :?
"For an idea that does not first seem insane, there is no hope."

Albert Einstein
lyndipops

Next

Return to General Chat