Re: “ FORGET ABOUT TOP TWO “

Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:49 pm

I bet hes thinking what a total bell i am,

Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:53 pm

I'm starting to remember to believe it now! FFS f**k the playoffs :bluescarf:

Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:44 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:That’s my advice to everyone. I’ve said from day one that we won’t get automatic promotion, and I stand by that.

Our target is to make the top six and we’re well on target for that.

But everyone should forget any hopes of making the top two, it’s just not going to happen - and never was going to happen.

People got carried away but we have given ourselves a great chance to reach our pre-season target - a place in the play-offs.

Bump.

Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:31 pm

jamie ccfc bluebirds wrote:I bet hes thinking what a total bell i am,

Multiple times he said he wanted to be wrong.

He wasn’t the only one over Christmas.

Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:17 pm

Still don’t think we’ll finish top two, despite the brilliant position we’re in. The manager and squad deserve great credit for that. They could still prove me wrong even more, and I hope they do.

But my opinion is still that we won’t finish in the top two. Although I’m very positive about a top six finish now.

But I was definitely wrong to use the word “forget”.

Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:38 pm

A long way to go. Only a few weeks back some were convinced Swansea were more or less certs to be relegated. Things can change very quickly in this game, and nothing will be decided for a while yet.

Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:52 am

Classic Worcester.

Don’t follow his bets ladies and gents.

Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:06 am

Another classic post from worcester_ccfc - Mr Neggy Negative himself... whatever he says pretty much the opposite is true :laughing6:

Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:38 am

Steve Zodiak wrote:A long way to go. Only a few weeks back some were convinced Swansea were more or less certs to be relegated. Things can change very quickly in this game, and nothing will be decided for a while yet.

they stayed up ? :o
whens the derby

Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:44 pm

dogfound wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:A long way to go. Only a few weeks back some were convinced Swansea were more or less certs to be relegated. Things can change very quickly in this game, and nothing will be decided for a while yet.

they stayed up ? :o
whens the derby

I never said they would stay up or go down. I said things can change quickly, which they did. One minute they were stranded at the bottom, then they climbed out of the relegation zone, and then thankfully they dropped back down.

However, I did say that the best I thought Cardiff could hope for was a play off place. I never thought for one minute we had the players here to finish in the top two, and I thought we may just about scrape into the play offs if we had the rub of the green and could avoid injuries to key players. I also said anything at all could happen in those play offs, but ultimately the top three sides were the ones who went up which is only fair as far as I am concerned. My biggest concern on the final day was that Fulham would pip us to second place, and that we may have lost out in the lottery of the play offs.

I am glad to admit I was wrong as far as the automatic promotion places were concerned, I just hope I am not wrong with my predictions for this season. While I think we will struggle to stay up, I have been consistent with my views that it is quite possible for us to have at least three sides finish lower than us at the end of the season. I think there are at least six or seven sides that we can realistically compete against, and while we may finish bottom, we could also finish with at least six sides lower than us if just like I said last season, we get the rub of the green and can avoid injuries to key players. Won't be easy, but I think may just prove the pundits wrong and finish around 15th or 16th.

Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:08 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
I never said they would stay up or go down. I said things can change quickly, which they did. One minute they were stranded at the bottom, then they climbed out of the relegation zone, and then thankfully they dropped back down.

However, I did say that the best I thought Cardiff could hope for was a play off place. I never thought for one minute we had the players here to finish in the top two, and I thought we may just about scrape into the play offs if we had the rub of the green and could avoid injuries to key players. I also said anything at all could happen in those play offs, but ultimately the top three sides were the ones who went up which is only fair as far as I am concerned. My biggest concern on the final day was that Fulham would pip us to second place, and that we may have lost out in the lottery of the play offs.

I am glad to admit I was wrong as far as the automatic promotion places were concerned, I just hope I am not wrong with my predictions for this season. While I think we will struggle to stay up, I have been consistent with my views that it is quite possible for us to have at least three sides finish lower than us at the end of the season. I think there are at least six or seven sides that we can realistically compete against, and while we may finish bottom, we could also finish with at least six sides lower than us if just like I said last season, we get the rub of the green and can avoid injuries to key players. Won't be easy, but I think may just prove the pundits wrong and finish around 15th or 16th.

Fair play that's what you call covering all the bases :lol:

Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:26 pm

Zodiak is Worcester’s multi, cut from the same cloth, a nappy, full of shit :lol:

Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:35 pm

Bay Blue wrote:Zodiak is Worcester’s multi, cut from the same cloth, a nappy, full of shit :lol:

Caught me out. I'm Worcester, Roath Magic, Scandinavian Bluebird and too many others to mention. Will probably stick to this Zodiak name for now, using my other names are just too confusing. I guess you have had a few as you have only been using your current one for a couple of months.

Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:52 pm

:lol:

Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:03 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

Fair play that's what you call covering all the bases :lol:

I can see what you mean, although what I was trying to say is that anything is possible, especially where City are concerned. I think we will finish with either 4 or 5 teams below us, so hopefully clears the muddy water a bit. So far this season I have been a bit more decisive with my forecasts on this forum. Had Bournemouth to beat us 2-0, had us down as a 0-0 with Newcastle, had Norwich to beat us 2-1 in the cup, said we would lose by at least two goals to Arsenal. Not had all the scores spot on, but so far have had the results correct as far as wins, draws etc are concerned. Predict we will lose our next two, but I know that is not exactly a clever forecast, I think most people would predict exactly the same.