“ FORGET ABOUT TOP TWO “

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ FORGET ABOUT TOP TWO “

Postby worcester_ccfc » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:38 pm

That’s my advice to everyone. I’ve said from day one that we won’t get automatic promotion, and I stand by that.

Our target is to make the top six and we’re well on target for that.

But everyone should forget any hopes of making the top two, it’s just not going to happen - and never was going to happen.

People got carried away but we have given ourselves a great chance to reach our pre-season target - a place in the play-offs.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

“ FORGET ABOUT TOP TWO “

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: “ FORGET ABOUT TOP TWO “

Postby paulh_85 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:38 pm

For some bloke called Pete's sake.

It's sad that you have the platform to spout nonsense and make it stand out from everything else on the board
paulh_85

Postby Pembroke bluebird » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:39 pm

I for one have not give up on a top two spot :bluescarf:
Pembroke bluebird

Postby worcester_ccfc » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:40 pm

paulh_85 wrote:For some bloke called Pete's sake.

It's sad that you have the platform to spout nonsense and make it stand out from everything else on the board

All interested opinions are made stickies on a regular basis :thumbright:
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

worcester_ccfc

Postby Always Blue » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:40 pm

Pembroke bluebird wrote:I for one have not give up on a top two spot :bluescarf:

Same here :ayatollah: :bluescarf:
Attachments
DSANrCwWsAACHvU.jpg
DSANrCwWsAACHvU.jpg (125.26 KiB) Viewed 7642 times
ONCE A BLUE ALWAYS A BLUE
Always Blue

Postby paulh_85 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:41 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:

You just make your own inane ramblings stickies for no apparent reason :lol:
paulh_85

Postby Fergy1927 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:42 pm

Why on earth is this a sticky?
Fergy1927

Postby Charlie Harper » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:42 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:That’s my advice to everyone. I’ve said from day one that we won’t get automatic promotion, and I stand by that.

But everyone should forget any hopes of making the top two, it’s just not going to happen - and never was going to happen.

People got carried away but we have given ourselves a great chance to reach our pre-season target - a place in the play-offs.

Biggest load of rubbish that you have posted here.

Its more than achievable IMO
Mad bad and dangerous to know
Charlie Harper

Postby worcester_ccfc » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:42 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:

you just make your own inane ramblings stickies for no apparent reason :lol:

Make some of my posts stickies, but not all. Make other people’s posts stickies very often.

@neddthomas on Twitter.

worcester_ccfc

Postby paulh_85 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:44 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:

You just make your own inane ramblings stickies for no apparent reason :lol:

Make some of my posts stickies, but not all. Make other people’s posts stickies very often.

too many, this place reads like ladbible click bait ffs

anyway back to the topic. youre wrong :thumbup:
paulh_85

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:46 pm

I still have Faith in Neil Warnock and if he really is backed fully by Tan in January, I still believe we can be a Top 2 team :thumbright: :bluebird:

Beat Preston on Friday night and we are back in the Top 2.

We have Wolves and Bristol City to still play at home.

Under Neil Warnock, you Never ever give up and thats why Warnock for the last 20 years has been in my Top 5 managers :thumbright: :thumbright:
Attachments
22730331_10214063379915916_336426562601525099_n.jpg
22730331_10214063379915916_336426562601525099_n.jpg (30.22 KiB) Viewed 7591 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby City Slicker » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:47 pm

Stuff and nonsense! There's no reason to believe we couldn't go up as Champions, let alone second. All the teams around us will drop points at some time and they all have to play us. With a fair wind on injuries and suspensions from now on and with the stated strengthening next month I for one still believe we can do it :ayatollah:
City Slicker

Postby oohahhPaulMillar » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:49 pm

Your talking nonsense..

The fact we have been in the top 2 for most of the season with an horrendous injury list proves we could obviously finish in the top 2 at the end of the season ..will we do it only time will tell but it's certainly not out of the question
oohahhPaulMillar

Postby CF72Blue » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:52 pm

Your negative opinion counts for nothing in my eyes, we have a great chance of making the top two, ask any Aston Villa/Middlesborough and any Championship club fan bar Wolves if they would like to be in our position, and they would all say yes.

If we make the top two it will be an amazing achievement, as will making the playoffs.
CF72Blue

Postby bluebird7291 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:52 pm

3rd on goal dicference, going into the new year....
Shall we forget about the play offs while we are at it?
bluebird7291

Postby paulh_85 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:53 pm

just wait for the end of the season when we finish 4th and he tries to claim he was right :sleepy2:
paulh_85

Postby nubbsy » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:54 pm

IF i was a betting man, I'd bet we'd make the play offs. But I disagree with your post, we still have more than a good chance of making it and the table its self will confirm that. We are joint second on merit :bluescarf: :ayatollah:
nubbsy

Postby Sven » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:55 pm

This thread has made name laugh... :lol:

Not for the OP having an opinion, but for certain others not having a decent counter-response and coming out with the same old boring platitudes!

If you don't agree with the OP, give him reasons why not rather than going on a personal attack! :roll:

And for the record, I am of the opinion we can (not will) 100% finish second and possibly as Champions but then again I am an external optimist. I have to be or what's the point in turning up the than to whinge and say "I told you so!" when they fail?
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby paulh_85 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:56 pm

Sven wrote:This thread has made name laugh... :lol:

Not for the OP having an opinion, but for certain others not having a decent counter-response and coming out with the same old boring platitudes!

If you don't agree with the OP, give him reasons why not rather than going on a personal attack! :roll:

And for the record, I am of the opinion we can (not will) 100% finish second and possibly as Champions but then again I am an external optimist. I have to be or what's the point in turning up the than to whinge and say "I told you so!" when they fail?

the only relevent reason is given by everyone.
paulh_85

Postby Pulisnewport » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:59 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:That’s my advice to everyone. I’ve said from day one that we won’t get automatic promotion, and I stand by that.

Yes it's your opinion but to have the luxury of being able to make your thread stand out is misuse of your position.

Other people on this board start good threads and find themselves half way down the board hmm?

Oh and by the way imo we have a realistic chance of being in the top 2 at the end of the season. I've seen nothing to be afraid of and that's my thought on the matter.
Pulisnewport

Postby Jasonccfc » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:08 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:

What you stickied isn't interesting though? It's just you throwing the towel in as soon as we have a bad week
Jasonccfc

Postby ae15 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:20 pm

Ridiculous. Not long ago we were rubbishing Wolveselona and now this. The sort of negativity that eventually filters through to the players. It was no wonder we could never do it 2009-2012 when we were constantly expecting it to fall apart eventually.
ae15

Postby Steve Zodiak » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:25 pm

Personally I agree with Worcester. I said at the start of lasts season that I did'nt think we had a hope of reaching the play offs, and the replies were very much the same as on this thread, ie. lots of posters confident we were going to win the league. I think if we were bottom right now, some would still tip us to go up as champions.

I think a play off place is possible as long as we don't lose key players through injury or suspension. I do'nt think Warnock seriously believes we are going to end up in the top two, and he has tried to play down unrealistic expectations without much success. I have a fancy that by the end of Feb, even the most optimistic posters on here will be saying that hopefully we will go up via the play offs. Hope you all prove me and Worcester wrong, but I believe that there are too many teams around us who have more appeal to players than we do, and who have more spending power than us, and will end up doing better as a result. We will see.
Steve Zodiak

Postby dogfound » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:27 pm

really dont understand your desperation to be proved correct over this..
your not correct btw and even if you are it will be in 4 months and not today...
its begining to sound like your cheering on defeats mate because youd prefer to be correct than we do well.
dogfound

Postby pembroke allan » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:30 pm

Well it certainly got the hits! :laughing6:
pembroke allan

Postby Jasonccfc » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:34 pm

dogfound wrote:

your not correct btw and even if you are it will be in 4 months and not today...
its begining to sound like your cheering on defeats mate because youd prefer to be correct than we do well.

This
Jasonccfc

Postby ae15 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:37 pm

What's even the point of a comment like this? What does forgetting about the top two actually achieve?
ae15

Postby Steve Zodiak » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:39 pm

dogfound wrote:

I think sometimes people get the wrong end of the stick. I would bet that everyone on her is desperate to see us go up, and that is possible even though I feel it will have to be via the play offs.

It's just that from time to time, it is worth standing back and trying to look beyond the blue of Cardiff, and see things from a neutral point of view.

I recall the horror on here when I suggested Trollope would be a big flop, that Doyle would never in a million years score goals at this level, and that Slade would not get us out of this league. Not a matter of wanting these predictions to be correct, it was just trying to be realistic and not looking at everything through blue tinted glasses.

We have spent one season at the top in the 50 years I have been a fan, and I have seen better teams than our current side down here. Fighting spirit will get you so far, but we need a lot of quality as well if we are to stay ahead of some of the big rivals closing in on us.

Like I said, I would love to be proved wrong on this as I missed our one brief spell at the top because I refused to watch us play in red. It would be a dream come true to see the real Cardiff City in the top flight.
Steve Zodiak

Postby paulh_85 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:40 pm

theres a difference between thinking we wont make the top two (something i happen to agree with actually considering recent performances) and stating that everyone should abandon any thought of a top two place
paulh_85

Postby Charlie Harper » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:43 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:Personally I agree with Worcester. I said at the start of lasts season that I did'nt think we had a hope of reaching the play offs, and the replies were very much the same as on this thread, ie. lots of posters confident we were going to win the league. I think if we were bottom right now, some would still tip us to go up as champions.

I think a play off place is possible as long as we don't lose key players through injury or suspension. I do'nt think Warnock seriously believes we are going to end up in the top two, and he has tried to play down unrealistic expectations without much success. I have a fancy that by the end of Feb, even the most optimistic posters on here will be saying that hopefully we will go up via the play offs. Hope you all prove me and Worcester wrong, but I believe that there are too many teams around us who have more appeal to players than we do, and who have more spending power than us, and will end up doing better as a result. We will see.

It's Christmas, here's Scrooge in the form of SZ.

Enjoy it and believe it is possible, glass half full not glass half empty.
Mad bad and dangerous to know
Charlie Harper

Next

Return to General Chat