Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Lee Tomlin

Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:22 am

I am a season ticket holder and believe we should be told the truth about Tomlin our so called marquee signing what the hell is going on with him hardly ever picked to play Warnock should be honest with us and tell the fans why.

Re: Tomlin.

Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:41 am

dai bluebird wrote:I am a season ticket holder and believe we should be told the truth about Tomlin our so called marquee signing what the hell is going on with him hardly ever picked to play Warnock should be honest with us and tell the fans why.

My guess is (and I don’t think I’m far off) LT has trouble staying fit / keeping trim and NW has told him to sort it otherwise he won’t be a regular starter.
I also think that our pressing game doesn’t suit LT.
Warnock did say at the start of the season that he wanted all types of players in the squad so if he needed to change things he could.

Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:55 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
dai bluebird wrote:I am a season ticket holder and believe we should be told the truth about Tomlin our so called marquee signing what the hell is going on with him hardly ever picked to play Warnock should be honest with us and tell the fans why.

My guess is (and I don’t think I’m far off) LT has trouble staying fit / keeping trim and NW has told him to sort it otherwise he won’t be a regular starter.
Warnock did say at the start of the season that he wanted all types of players in the squad so if he needed to change things he could.

He won't get match fitness until he starts .

Something not right though

Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:02 am

NIBluebird wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

'match fitness' is when a player needs minutes to get that last bit of sharpness and minutes. I think tomlin is even off that mark.

And to the OP, both Warnock and Bellamy have both stated the reason he is not playing is because he isn't fit enough. It's no secret.

I'm as frustrated as anyone though he should be coming on early when we're trailing

Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:09 am

NIBluebird wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

....and match fitness would be easier when in trim. I’d imagine so anyway

Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:01 am

Stop his wages.

Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:20 pm

Dahboy wrote:Stop his wages.

Tend to agree with you mate but doubtless the PFA would have something to say about that

Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:23 pm

He’s not fit enough for 90 so can’t start

As to coming on as sub I really don’t know

Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:26 pm

If we are not going to play Tomlin we might as well sell him get a player who can play in team.
He is responsible for his own fitness so should be fit for selection

Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:27 pm

Doesn't play against the physical teams.

Doesn't play against the footballing teams.

When he has had minutes we seem a far more potent team then when he doesn't.

Definitely a strange situation.

Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:44 pm

bluebirdrob wrote:If we are not going to play Tomlin we might as well sell him get a player who can play in team.
He is responsible for his own fitness so should be fit for selection

sell him to who....Warnock is about the 4th manager who has thought he could get more out of this obvious talent than those who have managed him before but failed..the queue of those managers thinking likewise must be getting shorter by the day.
then there are his wages..no idea what they are other than being regarded a top end championship player {when fit ish } id assume his wages would be too much for a league1 club.

Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:07 pm

Well he managed 77 mins against Hull City and Warnock said he kept asking him if he was ok from 60 mins and Tomlin said yes don't take me off, so it shouldn't be too hard to manage another 13 mins surely

Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:45 pm

avondaleblue wrote:Well he managed 77 mins against Hull City and Warnock said he kept asking him if he was ok from 60 mins and Tomlin said yes don't take me off, so it shouldn't be too hard to manage another 13 mins surely

:thumbup:

Re: Lee Tomlin

Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:57 pm

Has made the difference in every game I have seen him, darcy Blake blew his career by not being fit and not looking after himself in his own time. Tomlins obvious talent has allowed him to cheat a few more years, and I think he could make the difference in promotion or play offs but I agree with a lot that if he's genueniely that bad get rid. Would be a shame but he's not playing. :thumbup:

Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:03 pm

Lee tomlin got class and is a creative force, every team needs one of these to be a top team imo, if he aint gonna be starting he needs to be replaced in january imo if possible, if we aint going to have a creative player oike tomlin playing week in week out as ive posted beforenwe will fall short of automatic spots

Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:56 pm

Our big money signing. We bought hum with issues apparentyl at bristol and in private life. Poor from warnock on this transfer....

Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:19 am

boyo1927 wrote:Our big money signing. We bought hum with issues apparentyl at bristol and in private life. Poor from warnock on this transfer....

It certainly looks that way.
The fact that he’s overweight and not fit going into January is an absolute disgrace.
When he’s played, most of the time he’s shown touches of class and I love watching him. I just don’t understand this situation.

Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:21 am

Tomlin has been with us for 5 months and if he can't or won't get fit then it's time to get rid. He obviously has a problem maybe with what he eats and if as a pro he can't discipline himself then no one can.

It's down to him.

Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:43 am

hasn't it been reported his community service is the issue, can't attend all training sessions.
That on top of his fitness issue, he doesn't deserve to get a start.
Although he has the quality, i hope we use him more this side of Xmas. Where it counts.

Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:23 pm

You'd think it would be for journalists to raise these questions at press conferences. Unless they've been asked not to?