Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MY VIEW: CARDIFF CITY FACED 2ND FROM BOTTOM BOLTON & FAILED

Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:54 pm

My View / Opinion :thumbright:

" CARDIFF CITY FACED 2ND FROM BOTTOM BOLTON & FAILED BADLY TODAY "

Cardiff can not afford to lose games against teams like Bolton.

Not a good game by Cardiff City today and they played an awful Bolton side who over all deserved the win for wanting it more.

No flowing football today by City, not a good day at all.

Bolton were the better team in the second-half.

WE SEEM TO STRUGGLE AGAINST TOUGH/BATTLING TEAMS :shock:

City never really played well today.

First-half was a very physical game, with Boltons players more interested in getting physical and most of the game was spent in midfield.

Second-half City started brightly, but then they themselves became to physical with a host of City players getting booked.
City should of buried a club like Bolton.

BOLTON WANDERERS 2 CARDIFF CITY 0 :cry: :cry:
Crowd 15,334
Away 1,010 Cardiff fans :bluebird:

Cardiff City Etheridge; Peltier, Bamba, Manga, Bennett; Halford; Damour, Ralls, Mendez-Laing, Hoilett; Bogle.

Subs: Murphy, Connolly, Paterson, Feeney, Pilkington, Tomlin, Zohore.

City travelled today to second from bottom of the Championship Bolton, who have struggled all season.

The first 25mins was a really physical match with both sided midfielders battling it out. it took quite a while for City to start attacking Bolton, with Bolton putting some tough tackles in.

29th min Damour shot and was blocked by a combination of Bogle and a Bolton defender. The ball found Hoilett two yards out, who tapped it in the Bolton goal. The linesman had a think about it, before eventually ruling it out :shock: :o

City the better team, but prevented from creating much by a very physical Bolton side.

H/T BOLTON W 0 CARDIFF CITY 0

Cardiff started brightly, but once again Bolton continued to be very physical.

Damour for City had also been throwing himself around a fair bit today, but that one looked soft. Went into the book for an alleged barge on Pratley.

Ex Cardiff City player Craig Noone came on. Got a cracking reception from the away end, responding with an Ayatollah. :ayatollah:

66th Min Kenneth Zohore came on to replace Bogle :bluebird: :bluebird:

74th min a shot from a Bolton player hit Bamba's arm for a penalty to Bolton.

75th min a Confident penalty from Boltons Madine, made it 1-0 :cry:

Cardiff players started to get physical, losing their heads, Halford went into the book for a rash challenge, then Peltier and Manga were booked.

88th min Bolton scored again 2-0 :cry:

City never really played well today.

F/T BOLTON 2 CARDIFF CITY 0 :cry: :cry:

My Man of the Match Greg Halford :bluebird: :bluescarf:

UP NEXT CARDIFF CITY V FULHAM BOXING DAY 3PM :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

1,010 CARDIFF FANS AWAY AT BOLTON TODAY :bluebird: :bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: MY VIEW: CARDIFF CITY FACED 2ND FROM BOTTOM BOLTON & FAI

Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:58 pm

Only the 4th time we've all felt like this all season.

Back in action Tuesday 3 games coming up fast 3 wins would do nice.

Let's forget it and move on, bring on Fulham

Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:58 pm

We had most of the possessin and played most of the game in their half. Not once though did we test the keeper.

Our weakest link is our strike force. When a team looks like it is not going to score the other team will gain confidence and go for it. That is exactly what happened. If we blow this season it will be down to our strikers.

Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:01 pm

Tbf i thought 2nd half we were pressing more without creating. Ref pen decision was crucial didny look deliberate handball from 1 yard to me!

Tomlin subbed after 10 mins?

Very poor result, can’t afford to lose these matches.

Hopefully others can now see why I believe we won’t make top two.

Just awful. Bullied by a big ugly Bolton team who Are as bad a team that I’ve seen this season but bad as they are they are they outplayed Cardiff today. Shameful performance. Halford shouldn’t be anywhere near the first team but he was just the worst of a really bad bunch.

Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:03 pm

Now i am not a halford fan but thought he was our best of a bad bunch. Funny hoe we all see it differently.

Poor performance need to bounce back like we always do

Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:06 pm

WTF Just got home from work and seen the result. f*cking shocking :o :o :o

Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:12 pm

boyo1927 wrote:Now i am not a halford fan but thought he was our best of a bad bunch. Funny hoe we all see it differently.

I guess I’m thinking of him giving the ball away that led to their second goal. Maybe that’s clouding my judgement.

Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:19 pm

boyo1927 wrote:Now i am not a halford fan but thought he was our best of a bad bunch. Funny hoe we all see it differently.

I guess I’m thinking of him giving the ball away that led to their second goal. Maybe that’s clouding my judgement.

Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:27 pm

Today's result vindicates what I wrote on this Forum a few days ago,that there is no such thing as a easy game in the Championship where every team is capable of beating each other,at least if my maths is correct we are still in 2nd spot in the table,the only question I would ask because I was not at the game today,did Warnock play for the draw?

Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:34 pm

We were bullied all over the park, when sides get physical we need to stand up for ourselves.

We never one a tackle all game.

Best thing I saw all day was Warnock hauling Tomlin off after less than 10 minutes he was like a spoilt kid just because Henery tackled him, Warnock warned him to let it go he didn't listen and rightly so he was off, can't see Warnock putting up with that behaviour, he should be ashamed of himself.

Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:11 pm

You win some you lose some in this league! No such thing as should win games here it's more of got good chance against this team but certainly no garaunteed 3 pnts for any game, still 2nd what more can fans want? 10 strait wins!? :old:

Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:00 pm

pembroke allan wrote:You win some you lose some in this league! No such thing as should win games here it's more of got good chance against this team but certainly no garaunteed 3 pnts for any game, still 2nd what more can fans want? 10 strait wins!? :old:

Seemingly.

Fickle fuckers.

Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:02 pm

Keep your heads up Fellow Bluebirds, Warnock will come back as usual stronger than ever with another run of wins :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

So Rem still 2nd in the Championship/Undefeated at home and so lets see 30,000 on Boxing Day, its pay on the day :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:19 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Keep your heads up Fellow Bluebirds, Warnock will come back as usual stronger than ever with another run of wins :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

So Rem still 2nd in the Championship/Undefeated at home and so lets see 30,000 on Boxing Day, its pay on the day :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Well said Annis.

Some of our fans don’t deserve Warnock.

Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:22 pm

maccydee wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Keep your heads up Fellow Bluebirds, Warnock will come back as usual stronger than ever with another run of wins :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Well said Annis.

They certainly don't Neil.

For me Warnock is the best manager at our club for 50 years, above Malky and Eddie May,Jimmy Scouler etc :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:25 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Well said Annis.

For me Warnock is the best manager at our club for 50 years, above Malky and Eddie May,Jimmy Scouler etc :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Why do people think we have the right to beat Bolton? Not a bad side got some good players.

Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:27 pm

maccydee wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Well said Annis.

Why do people think we have the right to beat Bolton? Not a bad side got some good players.

We have no right to beat anyone, every game is tough,they are fighting for their life's.

The truth is our players were not up to it today and many of them can take the blame.

Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:40 pm

Predicted we d lose today when I seen the team sheet, 2/3 in the team do not cut the mustard, hopefully a shake up Monday.

Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:41 pm

BobbyBlue wrote:Predicted we d lose today when I seen the team sheet, 2/3 in the team do not cut the mustard, hopefully a shake up Monday.

Which 2/3?

Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:48 pm

' UPDATED '

After Villa 2 Sheff United 2
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:18 pm

maccydee wrote:
BobbyBlue wrote:Predicted we d lose today when I seen the team sheet, 2/3 in the team do not cut the mustard, hopefully a shake up Monday.

Which 2/3?

Bogle and Halford are two players who are not up to the standard to get us promoted, both in vital positions as well today, major weak links.

Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:24 pm

BobbyBlue wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Which 2/3?

Bogle and Halford are two players who are not up to the standard to get us promoted, both in vital positions as well today, major weak links.

Agree about Halford but Bogle has been striker when we have won games.

Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:24 pm

maccydee wrote:

Well said Annis.

Warnock will come back but today he has to take the blame along with his players.. Don't matter who he is if he gets praise whilst winning he takes the blame when losing :thumbright:

Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:27 pm

Jasonccfc wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Well said Annis.

Warnock will come back but today he has to take the blame along with his players.. Don't matter who he is if he gets praise whilst winning he takes the blame when losing :thumbright:

Over reaction though.

Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:36 pm

Cant win them all can we .
City always seem to do this with the lesser clubs also a few players there we let go with a point to prove.
I had a bad feeling before the game today it was gonna be one of them today.
Sounds like the physical side one through we have to learn from that.
Nobody has the right to win games it has to be earnt.
Have to bounce back now boxing day or the rot will set in.Its how we deal with a lose which will define are season .
A win boxing day in front of a bumper crowd will right all the wrongs today.
So thats the challenge now.
The league table can change a lot over Christmas so lets hope where still up there at the end of this period.
Comon city :bluescarf:

Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:19 pm

maccydee wrote:
BobbyBlue wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Which 2/3?

But Halford was MOTM!

Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:24 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:
BobbyBlue wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Which 2/3?

But Halford was MOTM!

Does that mean anything? Was he actually any good? Did he produce anything?

Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:25 pm

[Wolves stuck 5 on them.....quote="maccydee"]

Forever Blue wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Well said Annis.

Why do people think we have the right to beat Bolton? Not a bad side got some good players.[/quote]