POLL: Promotion, do you really want it?

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Do you want promotion this season should it happen?

Poll ended at Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:27 pm

Yes
90%
No
10%

Total votes : 114

Re: POLL: Promotion, do you really want it?

Postby welshrarebit » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:44 am

Of course. What’s the point otherwise?
Also. Why would a hungry player looking to further their career want to come to a club that just wants to stay where it is in the championship? We would at best attract players on the slide that just want to tick over before retirement. If you want to attract quality you have to give them something to aspire to. Do you think Bamba and Hoilett would stay around long if all we wanted to do was hang around in the championship and not go up? Ralls? Damour? The quality we have is staying because the management and owner wants us up. I can assure you that watching clubs actively going no where will sound the death knoll to them. Just look at domestic rugby here.
welshrarebit

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby barry boy » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:33 am

Why would you not want to be promoted ?

You may as well play in the Welsh League, have a great time every Saturday with your mates - not far to travel, 2.30ko, and be home by 5pm.

Quality and standard of football is only relative so that is not an argument.

The only reason not to be promoted is financial i.e. if going up and the extra costs involved meant the terminal demise of the actual club.
barry boy

Postby piledriver64 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:46 am

Whilst I love the football in the Championship the whole point of football is to try and win every game, if you win the games you get promoted otherwise there’s no real point to it all !!

If it happens let’s hope we make a better fist of it this time!!
piledriver64

Postby Jasonccfc » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:56 am

piledriver64 wrote:Whilst I love the football in the Championship the whole point of football is to try and win every game, if you win the games you get promoted otherwise there’s no real point to it all !!

This
Jasonccfc

Postby Bluesman » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:48 am

Did Man City say that when they were in the old division 3, I doubt it. You must have ambition and goals or you may as well die. :occasion5:
Bluesman

Postby wez1927 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:51 am

piledriver64 wrote:Whilst I love the football in the Championship the whole point of football is to try and win every game, if you win the games you get promoted otherwise there’s no real point to it all !!

This
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby alexccfc » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:59 am

Just look at Leicester ? Burnley this season, Watford giving it a good go and even Southampton made it into Europe one season.
alexccfc

Postby dogfound » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:17 am

10% NO..WOW

were there 1800 in the ground wishing we would f**k up Saturday or are they still onside at mo in hope of a real car crash during the run in.

proper not sure how this NO thing works
dogfound

Postby 1980s Bluebird » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:22 am

2017/18.....Promotion
2018/19.....Mid Table Finish under Warnock
2019/20.....Mid Table Finish under Warnock
2020/21.....Top 4 finish
2021/22.....Europa League Winners and Top 4 finish
2022/23.....Premier League Winners, Champions League Winners, World Club Cup winner :thumbup: :occasion5: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

COME ON CITY
1980s Bluebird

Postby Sven » Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:24 pm

1980s Bluebird wrote:2017/18.....Promotion
2018/19.....Mid Table Finish under Warnock
2019/20.....Mid Table Finish under Warnock
2020/21.....Top 4 finish
2021/22.....Europa League Winners and Top 4 finish
2022/23.....Premier League Winners, Champions League Winners, World Club Cup winner :thumbup: :occasion5: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

COME ON CITY

Have you been drinking with a Swansea fan? :? :laughing6:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby goats » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:35 pm

Not into modern football at all, like to see us have another go in blue though. Give Neil the chance if he can take us up, he would deserve it. I don’t think relegation would be as bad and bitter as before. The club was so split last time. It could never be that bad again.
goats

Postby Cantonblu » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:44 pm

If it's the case no,why not get relegated to league 1 where we could probably win most games easily in front of a 7000 gate and be on channel 5 goal rush.For me it's a no brainer capacity or near capacity crowds,top teams to watch and all the publicity and the massive amount of viewers world wide that goes with it.
Cantonblu

Postby Taff on the Mersey » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:59 pm

What a bizzare topic this is. I want Cardiff in the top league in our land for as long as possible and the longer we are there then we are obviously competing. Surviving relegation by a point in the top flight is better than winning the championship title in any way.
Taff on the Mersey

Postby dogfound » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:30 pm

Cantonblu wrote:If it's the case no,why not get relegated to league 1 where we could probably win most games easily in front of a 7000 gate and be on channel 5 goal rush.For me it's a no brainer capacity or near capacity crowds,top teams to watch and all the publicity and the massive amount of viewers world wide that goes with it.

i quite enjoyed the lower leagues at the time.....not sure i could handle the meltdown on here every week coz we only had 7k though.
dogfound

Postby brickyblue » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:26 am

The championship is a great competitive league with some big clubs big grounds .
Not fussed on the prem never enjoyed it when we went up last time only because we were red.
No thats gone id love to give it a go with the elite in football why not.
The man city game in the prem at home was special .look at Brighton. Hudusfield. Leicester .burnley and more all been championship clubs Leicester have one it burney are up there right now so why not us as well.
As a fan you have to dream and thats what football is for a fan we all dream and as has been proved dreams become reality.
So I'd be well chuffed if we go up and maybe weve learnt from last time around
brickyblue

Postby Steve Zodiak » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:41 am

My preference would be to play in the top flight, especially as I have never seen us play there in all the years I have been a fan. I can understand that some people have a different point of view. We are not likely to be doing much more than fighting it out at the bottom if we were to get to the PL. Those of us who have followed this club for a long time know exactly what it's like to lose week in week out, and it is not much fun. However, at least we would be losing to some of the world's bigger teams rather than the likes of Shrewsbury and Wrexham, and success would be measured in how many teams finish below us rather than how many are above us.
I hope we can find a way there, but I have a feeling it won't be this season.
Steve Zodiak

Postby maccydee » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:18 pm

brickyblue wrote:The championship is a great competitive league with some big clubs big grounds .
Not fussed on the prem never enjoyed it when we went up last time only because we were red.
The man city game in the prem at home was special .look at Brighton. Hudusfield. Leicester .burnley and more all been championship clubs Leicester have one it burney are up there right now so why not us as well.
As a fan you have to dream and thats what football is for a fan we all dream and as has been proved dreams become reality.

Are you really saying you didn’t enjoy the Man City game?
maccydee

Postby brickyblue » Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:18 pm

maccydee wrote:
brickyblue wrote:The championship is a great competitive league with some big clubs big grounds .

No when i said it was special i meant i loved it brilliant game was a special one for everyone i think mate :bluescarf:
brickyblue

Postby maccydee » Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:42 pm

brickyblue wrote:
maccydee wrote:

No when i said it was special i meant i loved it brilliant game was a special one for everyone i think mate :bluescarf:

You said you never enjoyed the Prem. I’m confused.
maccydee

Previous

Return to General Chat