Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: WAS BUZZING - NOW DISILLUSIONED

Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:53 am

brickyblue wrote:Ive been involved in kids football for years and for me from what i see is this .
Kids support
Liverpool
Arsenal
Man u
Spurs.
And you guessed it Man city.
When I ask them why not Cardiff City?
The answer is always nar there crap so i give my local club a welsh club go watch em down the road speach .
Always to no gain i been doing it for years even taken down and I havent concerted one lad.Even the dads support the same clubs and ive tried the same speech the answer is this.
I like cardiff city i hope they do well .So I say come down then give it a go because none of em go to watch the teams mentioned to which the reply is nar your ok thanks.
In the premier league those same people wanted tickets to go to city not to watch city to watch the teams mentioned you can add Newcastle to the list thinking about it.
They will all support Wales even the football club put busses on to go watch wales v England we all supported wales with such passion only for them to go back supporting English clubs the following saturday.
So my conclusion is and this angers and frustrates the crap out of me.
The vast majority around are catchment area support English premier league teams and mainly the most successful ones and the never go watch em live but are clued to sky sports.

Its a very sad fact that people dont go because they support other clubs.Cardiff would have to be a successful premier league team for a decade or more to at least try and attract local fans away from the big clubs.

This has destroyed me for years I get angered by it and I dont personally follow the leader and i love the underdog and i love my place of birth so city fits me other people are not so sentimental.
Im sure this is the reason as there was nobody more against the rebrand then me cant keep blaming that all the time thats done with now.

very good post mate..
kids have dreams and therefore want to be the next Kane or De Bruyne.attatch thenselves to a club and thats it.
we need to at least be playing these teams to stand any real chance of swaying kids for us to grow
we have been successful for 10 years doesnt cut it..we havent.

Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:43 pm

llan bluebird wrote:Didn't go yesterday as the 5:30 KO got in the way of plans, but I watched in elevans and i reckon more people were watching the city game than the Citeh spuds game that was playing at the same time. Huge cheers followed by Bluebirds bluebirds when La BAmba scored........

Loads of those are probably waiting to find a reason to come back and nothing like a promotion push.They may not be as loyal or devout, but the are city fans

I agree, not all fans show their loyalty by attending every game. Some cant afford it, others live far away, work commitments, family, many reasons. I only go to a couple of games a season as I live a fair distance away but bloody love the Bluebirds. And yes, I probably would make more effort if they were at the top of the table or in the Prem. I probably aren't a devout supporter as some of you, a 'plastic' you would maybe call me but I still love the club and follow every game on the BBC website. When they come back welcome them instead of giving them a hard time. You never know, they may decide to come more often! :bluescarf:

Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:44 pm

Dobbin wrote:Came back for the first game this season yesterday and really enjoyed the game. With all the injuries thought we played well and we looked very good every time we give forward.

Thought at times we could have shifted the ball quicker and not give them time to set get their shape and be organised.

Can’t fault the fans either it was a great atmosphere and feels like a different club from just over a year ago.

Bamba was immense and stood up by a mile for me - what a shrewd accusistion by NW on getting him on the free last year.

Then I come on here and find post after post about attendances - reasons for not going - catchment areas etc. There is no way in my opinion the rebrand cost us 4000 fans - but that has been done to death. If we are going to talk about that what I would be interested to know is the 50 that actually stood up and be counted from the beginning and voted with their feet getting a refund - have they ever come back.

I don’t care who comes or who doesn’t and for whatever reason. You can’t make people go and if they come back towards the end of the season then so be it. It is them that is missing out.

Got to be honest if I read this message board and was thinking about going to watch I would not !

Can’t wait to get back for my next match - onwards and upwards :thumbup: :ayatollah:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=190962

Nice post but 'buzzing' means you stink a bit. Get a good shower mun :laughing6:

Re: Buzzing - Now disillusioned

Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:14 pm

maccydee wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:Why is that Neil you wanting to carry the argument on?

The OP is whinging about the rebrand subject being brought up a lot. Well the OP needs to have a go at those who are determined to get their point over regardless.....that being you.

I only answer to posts I think are bullshit. Hence why I have posted so much over the last two days. You are wrong and outnumbered Ian. Just admit you are wrong, stop dripping about (all things considered) our most effective owner and a rebrand that was reversed three years ago, enjoy us being in a position no one expected and relax. It’s Christmas pal.

I would not say outnumbered as you are implying. Won't even say I'm wrong as time will prove me right :D .

I am enjoying it as I'm quite surprised how well we are doing. Did not see this one coming. However I do find the re-brand arguments the icing on the cakes like.

Re: Buzzing - Now disillusioned

Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:31 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:Why is that Neil you wanting to carry the argument on?

The OP is whinging about the rebrand subject being brought up a lot. Well the OP needs to have a go at those who are determined to get their point over regardless.....that being you.

I only answer to posts I think are bullshit. Hence why I have posted so much over the last two days. You are wrong and outnumbered Ian. Just admit you are wrong, stop dripping about (all things considered) our most effective owner and a rebrand that was reversed three years ago, enjoy us being in a position no one expected and relax. It’s Christmas pal.

I would not say outnumbered as you are implying. Won't even say I'm wrong as time will prove me right :D .

I am enjoying it as I'm quite surprised how well we are doing. Did not see this one coming. However I do find the re-brand arguments the icing on the cakes like.

Icing on the cake how?

How will time prove you right?

Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:41 pm

Apart from the ones who weren't old enough to go, where were these people when we were only getting 3-4000 crowds back in the day-bloody plastics :D

Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:26 am

brickyblue wrote:Ive been involved in kids football for years and for me from what i see is this .
Kids support
Liverpool
Arsenal
Man u
Spurs.
And you guessed it Man city.
When I ask them why not Cardiff City?
The answer is always nar there crap so i give my local club a welsh club go watch em down the road speach .
Always to no gain i been doing it for years even taken down and I havent concerted one lad.Even the dads support the same clubs and ive tried the same speech the answer is this.
I like cardiff city i hope they do well .So I say come down then give it a go because none of em go to watch the teams mentioned to which the reply is nar your ok thanks.
In the premier league those same people wanted tickets to go to city not to watch city to watch the teams mentioned you can add Newcastle to the list thinking about it.
They will all support Wales even the football club put busses on to go watch wales v England we all supported wales with such passion only for them to go back supporting English clubs the following saturday.
So my conclusion is and this angers and frustrates the crap out of me.
The vast majority around are catchment area support English premier league teams and mainly the most successful ones and the never go watch em live but are clued to sky sports.

Its a very sad fact that people dont go because they support other clubs.Cardiff would have to be a successful premier league team for a decade or more to at least try and attract local fans away from the big clubs.

This has destroyed me for years I get angered by it and I dont personally follow the leader and i love the underdog and i love my place of birth so city fits me other people are not so sentimental.
Im sure this is the reason as there was nobody more against the rebrand then me cant keep blaming that all the time thats done with now.

Welsh people supporting English clubs annoys me as well. I thought I had issues, but I’m glad to hear there are others like me out there. :lol: