Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WAS BUZZING - NOW DISILLUSIONED

Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:00 pm

Came back for the first game this season yesterday and really enjoyed the game. With all the injuries thought we played well and we looked very good every time we give forward.

Thought at times we could have shifted the ball quicker and not give them time to set get their shape and be organised.

Can’t fault the fans either it was a great atmosphere and feels like a different club from just over a year ago.

Bamba was immense and stood up by a mile for me - what a shrewd accusistion by NW on getting him on the free last year.

Then I come on here and find post after post about attendances - reasons for not going - catchment areas etc. There is no way in my opinion the rebrand cost us 4000 fans - but that has been done to death. If we are going to talk about that what I would be interested to know is the 50 that actually stood up and be counted from the beginning and voted with their feet getting a refund - have they ever come back.

I don’t care who comes or who doesn’t and for whatever reason. You can’t make people go and if they come back towards the end of the season then so be it. It is them that is missing out.

Got to be honest if I read this message board and was thinking about going to watch I would not !

Can’t wait to get back for my next match - onwards and upwards :thumbup: :ayatollah:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=190962

Re: Buzzing - Now disillusioned

Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:08 pm

Dobbin wrote:Came back for the first game this season yesterday and really enjoyed the game. With all the injuries thought we played well and we looked very good every time we give forward.

Thought at times we could have shifted the ball quicker and not give them time to set get their shape and be organised.

Can’t fault the fans either it was a great atmosphere and feels like a different club from just over a year ago.

Bamba was immense and stood up by a mile for me - what a shrewd accusistion by NW on getting him on the free last year.

Then I come on here and find post after post about attendances - reasons for not going - catchment areas etc. There is no way in my opinion the rebrand cost us 4000 fans - but that has been done to death. If we are going to talk about that what I would be interested to know is the 50 that actually stood up and be counted from the beginning and voted with their feet getting a refund - have they ever come back.

I don’t give a f**k who comes or who doesn’t and for whatever reason. You can’t make people go and if they come back towards the end of the season then so be it. It is them that is missing out.

Got to be honest if I read this message board and was thinking about going to watch I would not !

Can’t wait to get back for my next match - onwards and upwards :thumbup: :ayatollah:

:thumbup: I Said the exact same thing on another post. I and many other people at this point don't care about who doesn't show up or why their not showing up I only care about the fans who are going. The fans who don't go are the one's who are missing out so its their problem, if they have better things to do on a Saturday then that's up to them. for 18,000 I thought the atmosphere was immense ecspecially when that damn drum stopped and we started singing spontaneously. Great atmosphere and great effort from the fans that did go.

Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:29 pm

Unfortunately some fans just cannot accept the level of our fanbase.

There is just too much bravado between the old guard from all teams and no one group of fans like to think they are being outdone by other fan groups.

There are always reasons for attendances and 18k for a Saturday evening before Christmas and on Sky is very good. None of the other clubs who have been mentioned had to play in the evening or be on Sky.

Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:11 pm

I've said it too. It's quite sad the need to look negativity at a time when the club is bouncing.

Re: WAS BUZZING - NOW DISILLUSIONED

Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:56 pm

You have been on this messageboard for 8 years...and now you decide you dont like it!...got to be negative- a negative post about a negative board :bluescarf:

Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:05 pm

Dobbin wrote:Came back for the first game this season yesterday and really enjoyed the game. With all the injuries thought we played well and we looked very good every time we give forward.

I don’t care who comes or who doesn’t and for whatever reason. You can’t make people go and if they come back towards the end of the season then so be it. It is them that is missing out.

Yes I couldn't give two hoots how many turn up. I am much happier at games like last night when you know everyone who attended loves the club and everything thats going on at the moment. We had bigger crowds in the Premier League full of glory hunters and hangers on no thanks.

On another note agree with your point about shifting the ball quicker and not giving them time to get set - it was noticeable we scored as a result of Tomlin having the vision to take a quick free kick.
:ayatollah:

Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:06 pm

Not sure the relevance of how long I have been on here for and nor did I say I did not like the board.

I was just merely pointing out that after enjoying yesterday for me there were more debate on crowds and rebrand than the performance.

Interesting how no one has mentioned the interview with Dalman on the bbc website and saying that funds will be given if he requires. For me that is more important than a weekly debate on crowds that just drags up the same old debate and continues to divide opioniom.

Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:19 pm

Dobbin wrote:Not sure the relevance of how long I have been on here for and nor did I say I did not like the board.

I was just merely pointing out that after enjoying yesterday for me there were more debate on crowds and rebrand than the performance.

Interesting how no one has mentioned the interview with Dalman on the bbc website and saying that funds will be given if he requires. For me that is more important than a weekly debate on crowds that just drags up the same old debate and continues to divide opioniom.

Was a thread on money available but it got lost in the crowds debate :old:

Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:20 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Dobbin wrote:Not sure the relevance of how long I have been on here for and nor did I say I did not like the board.

Was a thread on money available but it got lost in the crowds debate :old:

:o missed that :thumbup: will have a read now

Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:22 pm

What was the attendance by the way ? But in truth Neil and the lads deserve better. But yesterday the hardcore was there and that is what matters.

Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:25 pm

Why is that Neil you wanting to carry the argument on?

The OP is whinging about the rebrand subject being brought up a lot. Well the OP needs to have a go at those who are determined to get their point over regardless.....that being you.

Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:28 pm

EXACTLY. it's breading unnecessary negativity and it WON'T inspire people to come back. f**k those who don't go let's get down there and have a laugh that's what it's all about.

Focuss on negatives and thats what you get = law of attraction.

Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:31 pm

Didn't go yesterday as the 5:30 KO got in the way of plans, but I watched in elevans and i reckon more people were watching the city game than the Citeh spuds game that was playing at the same time. Huge cheers followed by Bluebirds bluebirds when La BAmba scored........

Loads of those are probably waiting to find a reason to come back and nothing like a promotion push.They may not be as loyal or devout, but the are city fans

Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:32 pm

Many won’t agree with me or like this, but I don’t think we’ll get the crowds until we’re next in the Premier League. I don’t think that’s the way it should be, but it’s the way it is.

For now, those that are there can enjoy what has so far been a brilliant season.

Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:33 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:What was the attendance by the way ? But in truth Neil and the lads deserve better. But yesterday the hardcore was there and that is what matters.

18+k hardy souls :thumbup:

Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:35 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:What was the attendance by the way ? But in truth Neil and the lads deserve better. But yesterday the hardcore was there and that is what matters.

Rather just 18K and full of plastics

Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:36 pm

Dobbins, I do more than 50 posts a day and yes I talk about crowds because it really interests me and yes Cardiff ones disillusion me.

If they don't interest you ignore them simple :thumbright:

Plus how come they get the most views and replies?

90% of posts on here weee positive so it's bullshit the forum was negative in fact u made the most negative one :lol:

But you've started another one yourself :lol:

Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:13 pm

Annis

The reason they create the most views and replies is cause it’s a contentious subject with everyone having a different opionion.

Nothing to do with not ineteresting me just saying the constant bashing can’t do any good - just my opinion as I said you can’t make people go as much as we could do with the extra revenue.

We just have to accept they will come back when they are ready and in the meantime they are missing out :thumbup:

Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:14 pm

5 out of 8 paragraphs were positive on the OP :lol: :lol:

Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:19 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Dobbins, I do more than 50 posts a day and yes I talk about crowds because it really interests me and yes Cardiff ones disillusion me.

90% of posts on here weee positive so it's bullshit the forum was negative in fact u made the most negative one :lol:

Within 24 hours of Cardiff winning against Hull you brought up attendances on 3 seperate threads. That's the point. Its non stop.

Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:47 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:Why is that Neil you wanting to carry the argument on?

The OP is whinging about the rebrand subject being brought up a lot. Well the OP needs to have a go at those who are determined to get their point over regardless.....that being you.

I only answer to posts I think are bullshit. Hence why I have posted so much over the last two days. You are wrong and outnumbered Ian. Just admit you are wrong, stop dripping about (all things considered) our most effective owner and a rebrand that was reversed three years ago, enjoy us being in a position no one expected and relax. It’s Christmas pal.

Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:10 am

WelshPatriot wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Dobbins, I do more than 50 posts a day and yes I talk about crowds because it really interests me and yes Cardiff ones disillusion me.

Within 24 hours of Cardiff winning against Hull you brought up attendances on 3 seperate threads. That's the point. Its non stop.

??

Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:14 am

The topics about crowds always hit 2,000+ views quickly, that’s a minimum normally. Often go to at least two pages as well. So there is definite interest in them and always discussion about it.

I’ve said my opinion. That’s that I don’t think we’ll hit good crowds again unless we’re in the Premier League or on the verge of being promoted. I don’t think that’s how it should be, but the way I think it is.

It’s not moaning about the attendances either, it’s about encouraging people to go to the matches - we always make ticket prices on a sticky and promote the club’s brilliant offers.

Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:08 am

Dobbin - Why was this your first game of the season.

Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:42 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:

The topics about crowds always hit 2,000+ views quickly, that’s a minimum normally. Often go to at least two pages as well. So there is definite interest in them and always discussion about it.

I’ve said my opinion. That’s that I don’t think we’ll hit good crowds again unless we’re in the Premier League or on the verge of being promoted. I don’t think that’s how it should be, but the way I think it is.

It’s not moaning about the attendances either, it’s about encouraging people to go to the matches - we always make ticket prices on a sticky and promote the club’s brilliant offers.

Spot on Ned,

This forum pushes ticket sales like mad and prices/ travel and special offers are promoted 24/7 :thumbright: :bluebird:

As to attendances of our club and other clubs it interests many viewers, if we were one if the clubs getting the bigger attendances the moaners would be gloating and did when we got 27,000 for Leeds home.

If the usual suspects don't like these topics which are one in 100 then simple just stay of them, but don't add to them or start a new one then moan :lol:

Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:52 am

Ive been involved in kids football for years and for me from what i see is this .
Kids support
Liverpool
Arsenal
Man u
Spurs.
And you guessed it Man city.
When I ask them why not Cardiff City?
The answer is always nar there crap so i give my local club a welsh club go watch em down the road speach .
Always to no gain i been doing it for years even taken down and I havent concerted one lad.Even the dads support the same clubs and ive tried the same speech the answer is this.
I like cardiff city i hope they do well .So I say come down then give it a go because none of em go to watch the teams mentioned to which the reply is nar your ok thanks.
In the premier league those same people wanted tickets to go to city not to watch city to watch the teams mentioned you can add Newcastle to the list thinking about it.
They will all support Wales even the football club put busses on to go watch wales v England we all supported wales with such passion only for them to go back supporting English clubs the following saturday.
So my conclusion is and this angers and frustrates the crap out of me.
The vast majority around are catchment area support English premier league teams and mainly the most successful ones and the never go watch em live but are clued to sky sports.

Its a very sad fact that people dont go because they support other clubs.Cardiff would have to be a successful premier league team for a decade or more to at least try and attract local fans away from the big clubs.

This has destroyed me for years I get angered by it and I dont personally follow the leader and i love the underdog and i love my place of birth so city fits me other people are not so sentimental.
Im sure this is the reason as there was nobody more against the rebrand then me cant keep blaming that all the time thats done with now.

Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:16 am

Nuclearblue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Rather just 18K and full of plastics

Agree

Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:54 am

So the reason you keep posting these threads are not out of interest it's because they get the most hits :lol:
In all seriousness i'd love to see more attending i think after xmas we will see attendances rise quite alot

Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:25 am

Jasonccfc wrote:

So the reason you keep posting these threads are not out of interest it's because they get the most hits :lol:
In all seriousness i'd love to see more attending i think after xmas we will see attendances rise quite alot

Jason :lol:
Can't win with some of you, I love attendances and have done for 45 years that's why not many will beat me on knowing every clubs in the UK.

You've now twisted it and yes many viewers on here like them as well going by the amount of views they get which shows it's right to post them, but just because we don't get good ones it seems to wind the usual suspects up.
Jason, I would love City to get the crowds they deserve and it hurts to see such low crowds.

Jason if you were honest, we talk and post about everything to do with football on here :thumbright:

Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:21 am

paulh_85 wrote:number of views doesnt mean you people like them. just means the clickiest click bait gets clicked the most :laughing6:

Here he is one of the usual suspects :lol:

Do you ever have anything ever constructive to say, u might just be on the wrong forum :D

Everyone knows when the topic is about fans/crowds clearly stated :thumbright: