Joe Ralls: " Lee Tomlin "

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:36 pm

Joe Ralls:

"We have to do more running but he's a different player"— Cardiff City players' response to Lee Tomlin's growing influence.

Sunday 17th December 2017

By Chris Wathan

Cardiff City's Joe Ralls admitted his job changes when Lee Tomlin is in the team, but is willing to put in the hard yards to lay a platform for the talented No.10.

Tomlin was a central figure in the Bluebirds' 1-0 win over Hull , enjoying more shots than any other player and setting up Sol Bamba for the only goal.

He was substituted in the 82nd minute to a standing ovation, with Bluebirds fans keen to see more of their marquee summer signing.

And Ralls, who was also impressive in a slightly more restricted role, is keen to see Tomlin thrive while content to fill the Aron Gunnarsson void in defensive midfield.

"We're a bit short of numbers at the moment all over the park but especially in midfield," he said. "So I'm having to be a bit more defensive and disciplined but I enjoy doing that as much as a forward role.

"(Tomlin) is a great link for us between defence and attack and I thought, especially in the second half, he linked it great. With him playing I have to obviously do a lot of his running but I'm happy to do that and when he gets the ball he can makes things happen."

Tomlin has struggled for match fitness during his time at Cardiff but played more minutes against Hull than in any other league match this term.

Ralls echoed the words of Sol Bamba and Neil Warnock in how the mercurial forward is working his socks off.

"He is working hard, it's hard when you're not playing games to keep fit and you can't get that match sharpness in training. He'll only get fitter with playing the games but he's trying to keep himself fit.

"But over five or 10 yards, he's sharp, he gets away from people and slides the ball through.

"If the ball breaks and he's free, it's down to us to get the ball into his feet.

"You need a couple of games to get match sharp and he'll only get better. He's a different player and when used he's been good for us. He hasn't got frustrated, everyone wants to play of course, but he's biding his time and taken his opportunities.

"We need all our attacking players on form, Tommo is definitely one of them."

Warnock also revealed how Tomlin had been desperate to stay on the pitch against Hull, even though the plan had been to remove him on 65 minutes.

Tomlin was enjoying great influence either side of the break and Warnock kept him on.

The manager said: "I did plan to bring on Omar (Bogle) and Rhys Healey on 65 minutes. I told Pilkington and Tomlin at half-time, don’t go within yourselves, run yourself into the ground and I’ll bring the others on.

"But I thought Tomlin could do a little bit more, and I kept saying to him about coming off but he was saying ‘no leave me on’.

"It was better, it gets him a bit more fitness.

"I don’t think he’s ever worked as hard, he really tries in training, but we just have to watch everything.

"He wants to be fit, he’s seen what we’re building here and he can play a part. But he can only do that if he can play longer than 30 minutes."
Attachments
JS139119563.jpg
JS139119563.jpg (38.03 KiB) Viewed 1418 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Joe Ralls: " Lee Tomlin "

Postby CF23 Bluebird » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:47 pm

Fair play to him he works his socks off and hardly gets any recognition. I think he is having a great season for us and look forward to seeing what he can do for us in the premiership next year :ayatollah:
CF23 Bluebird

Re: Joe Ralls: " Lee Tomlin "

Postby paulh_85 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:48 pm

I really hope he does it because a fit tomlin is premier league quality imo
paulh_85

Return to General Chat