Re: " Last Nights Home Crowd at Cardiff City Stadium"

Postby epping blue » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:51 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Gaynor Straight wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
NorthCardiffBlue wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:
mallo wrote:Poor crowds all season come spring fans be desperate for tickets for run in Birmingham bottom of league 20k plus. Bristol city getting 20k plus and we're struggling to get 18k with special offers adult and child for a tenner any how well done to the loyal fans making the effort xxx

Brum bottom of the Championship had 20,000 yest v QPR
Bristol City 21,000 yest
It's the same time of year for all clubs fan bases

Merry Xmas Bluebirds :bluebird:

Cardiff population 360k Birmingham 1.1million. Bristol 480k.

Yeah but don't forget that 1.2million live within 5miles of the stadiun :old:

10- 20 miles :D :thumbright:

And Birmingham are surrounded by many other clubs.

Bristol has two football clubs.

I thought it was just 10 miles - would love to see the evidence of this.

I believed it was with in 10miles and incl Cardiff,but apparently it was 15-20miles, but whats a few miles, not many other clubs around for 35 miles :lol:

It was put on here once again this week by Tim aka Lawnmower and someone else, I never put it out, they searched it and showed it it. Search his posts :thumb right:

The point is We are 2nd from Top of the Championship and have been all season and yet we can't even average 20,000 at home never mind 25,000 which 10 other Championship clubs get and thats worrying with our cheap tickets.

Annis name any of the top 13 clubs in fan league that have had lower crowds than us in previous 10yrs bearing in mind our successful period of 5yrs around 2007? Be Hard to find more than 2 on a regular basis! Point is those clubs are historically better supported than us so not accurate to compare us with them. Not saying our crowds shouldn't be higher they should but it is what it is. :thumbup:

Its not the 5 years of success from 2007 that's got us where we are now. Its the 40 lean years before that. We're a city the size of Newcastle in a metropolitan area with a bigger population than Tyne and Wear which includes Sunderland. Sustained playing at the top level will get bigger support. Name a club who had a worse 30 - 40 years who have bigger gates. There wont be many. A number tipped their toes in the lower divisions. Most managed to get straight back out.
epping blue

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby Forever Blue » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:00 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Gaynor Straight wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
NorthCardiffBlue wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:
mallo wrote:Poor crowds all season come spring fans be desperate for tickets for run in Birmingham bottom of league 20k plus. Bristol city getting 20k plus and we're struggling to get 18k with special offers adult and child for a tenner any how well done to the loyal fans making the effort xxx

Bristol City 21,000 yest

I believed it was with in 10miles and incl Cardiff,but apparently it was 15-20miles, but whats a few miles, not many other clubs around for 35 miles :lol:

It was put on here once again this week by Tim aka Lawnmower and someone else, I never put it out, they searched it and showed it it. Search his posts :thumb right:

The point is We are 2nd from Top of the Championship and have been all season and yet we can't even average 20,000 at home never mind 25,000 which 10 other Championship clubs get and thats worrying with our cheap tickets.

Annis name any of the top 13 clubs in fan league that have had lower crowds than us in previous 10yrs bearing in mind our successful period of 5yrs around 2007? Be Hard to find more than 2 on a regular basis! Point is those clubs are historically better supported than us so not accurate to compare us with them. Not saying our crowds shouldn't be higher they should but it is what it is. :thumbup:

Allan,

Sheffield United, Birmingham City, Nottingham Forest, Bristol City's, Sheff Wed,Leeds, just 6 there have bigger home averages than us there and thats without even looking that have not had that much success in the last 10 years, is that what u mean?

The point is Our manager/Our Club and head of our Supporters Club have to continually beg fans to turn up.
We are the only club undefeated at home and never been out the Top 3 of the Championship and can't even average 20,000 at home never mind 25,000 what 10 other clubs have, twist it what ever, say want you,theres the sad facts.

Once promoted, suddenly 30,000, for me they should be supporting us months ago, not once Manchester United come etc etc.

SURELY YOU SEE THAT?
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby WelshPatriot » Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:21 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Gaynor Straight wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
NorthCardiffBlue wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:

Bristol City 21,000 yest

Allan,

Sheffield United, Birmingham City, Nottingham Forest, Bristol City's, Sheff Wed,Leeds, just 6 there have bigger home averages than us there and thats without even looking that have not had that much success in the last 10 years, is that what u mean?

The point is Our manager/Our Club and head of our Supporters Club have to continually beg fans to turn up.
We are the only club undefeated at home and never been out the Top 3 of the Championship and can't even average 20,000 at home never mind 25,000 what 10 other clubs have, twist it what ever, say want you,theres the sad facts.

Once promoted, suddenly 30,000, for me they should be supporting us months ago, not once Manchester United come etc etc.

SURELY YOU SEE THAT?

Only Leeds and Birmingham best us in the period Allen refered you too.
WelshPatriot

Postby llan bluebird » Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:32 pm

At what point have we ever had greater attendances than Sheffield United, Birmingham City, Nottingham Forest, Sheff Wed or Leeds ? They have a heritage that we just don't have. It breeds a devotion or routine.

Us and the wurzels are very comparable IMO....Size of city and surroundings, little heritage and Rugby bias schools/media.

We have a large open stadium and 20K rattles around.

We will have all our "die hards" returning soon deciding that Vinny has paid his penance (as long as we keep on winning).

Its always been this way with us and don't know why anyone is surprised.
llan bluebird

Postby bluuebird69 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:36 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I will say this, Well Done to those that turned up and made a fantastic Atmosphere :thumbright: :bluebird:

I watched it on the telly and the atmosphere sounded awful maybe i need hearing aids or something and to be fair i started watching on the 2nd half
bluuebird69

Postby skiprat » Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:36 pm

Llan bluebird. Spot on post.
skiprat

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:23 am

Reply from FB

Football Banter

Richard White:
Must say Cardiff vs hull...the ground was empty as f**k....second in table that is shocking..but suppose modern day football if they get promoted they will suddenly find there lost fans and they will open up the stands that have been shut for last few years and the glory hunters cone out from under there sheep....
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby dogfound » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:41 am

Forever Blue wrote:Reply from FB

Football Banter

Richard White:
Must say Cardiff vs hull...the ground was empty as f**k....second in table that is shocking..but suppose modern day football if they get promoted they will suddenly find there lost fans and they will open up the stands that have been shut for last few years and the glory hunters cone out from under there sheep....

yes exactly how football in general works
Man City went up withh 33k are now getting 54k
Swansea went up with 15k now get 20k
Leicster 25k now 32k { it was 32k before winning title }
and Burnley have gone up twice recently...13k first time..16k 2nd time followed by 19k and 20 k in top flight
dogfound

Postby moonboots » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:30 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
epping blue wrote:The Cardiff metropolitan area population was put at 1.1 million in the 2011 stats. That does include Newport and the valleys but I don't think it includes Bridgend and the Bridgend valleys. So not actually all within the 10 miles but in principal its not far from a fair statement.

2017 Its about 1.3mill now :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Cardiff's support comes from even further than Neath to Abergavenny to the surrounding Valleys of Cardiff ,South Wales , Newport etc WE are very very lucky to have such a large area to pull from :thumbright: :thumbright:

OOps and of course Cardiff itself :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

AND THAT'S THE REAL PROBLEM!!! Not enough football loving fans from Cardiff can be bothered to get their Man Utd and Liverpool loving arses down to support their own club. You have said in the past that the Club can't do much more to attract more fans. I disagree....where are the posters on buses and trains in the Cardiff area? Where are the adverts in South Wales newspapers saying to fans that they will be guaranteed a season ticket for the Premier League (should we be lucky enough to get there) if they buy a half season ticket for this season? Where are the posters and social media and other marketing campaigns targeting students, women and ethnic groups, who are all under represented in our home crowds? The Club could do a lot more. They freeze prices and hope for the best. The only people they tell are mostly existing fans. It's new fans that we need!!
moonboots

Previous

Return to General Chat