A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Last Nights Home Crowd at Cardiff City Stadium"

Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:24 am

Cardiff City 1 Hull City 0 :bluebird:

Crowd 18,049
Away Support 220

Cardiff City's home average 19,150 approx
Average away support to come to Cardiff 1,850 approx

Cardiff City's Home average is 14th best in the Championship.

Cardiff City stand 2nd in the Championship going in to the Xmas period of games :thumbright:
Cardiff City have not been out of the Top 3 all season(for 5 months) :bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: " Last Nights Home Crowd at Cardiff City Stadium"

Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:30 am

Better than readings 11k on Monday
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:35 am

DEANO wrote:Better than readings 11k on Monday

Exactly. 18,000 loyal fans, great atmosphere, new songs. Crowds will increase after xmas ;) Its all positive :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:44 am

Last home game before Christmas, normally a lot lower, so 18059 not bad at all :thumbup:

Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:51 am

Bananas wrote:
DEANO wrote:Better than readings 11k on Monday

Exactly. 18,000 loyal fans, great atmosphere, new songs. Crowds will increase after xmas ;) Its all positive :ayatollah:

Bang on son

Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:55 am

Igovernor wrote:Last home game before Christmas, normally a lot lower, so 18059 not bad at all :thumbup:
:thumbup: Spot on

Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:06 am

Poor crowds all season come spring fans be desperate for tickets for run in Birmingham bottom of league 20k plus. Bristol city getting 20k plus and we're struggling to get 18k with special offers adult and child for a tenner any how well done to the loyal fans making the effort xxx

Brum bottom of the Championship had 20,000 yest v QPR
Bristol City 21,000 yest
It's the same time of year for all clubs fan bases

Merry Xmas Bluebirds :bluebird:

Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:12 am

mallo wrote:Poor crowds all season come spring fans be desperate for tickets for run in Birmingham bottom of league 20k plus. Bristol city getting 20k plus and we're struggling to get 18k with special offers adult and child for a tenner any how well done to the loyal fans making the effort xxx

It was a great effort by those who attended last night and it is brilliant to have such a positive feel at home games this season :thumbup:

In fairness the kick off time and live TV broadcast must have affected the attendance plus only 220 travelled from Hull. If they had brought 2000 fans (like some away support do) we would have gone over 20000.

Also Bristol City are running their own offers so at the very least we are holding our own.

Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:25 am

I will say this, Well Done to those that turned up and made a fantastic Atmosphere :thumbright: :bluebird:

Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:31 am

I thought there was a reasonable atmosphere last night. Suppose sometimes we compare it to when we were flying high at Ninian Park. Have to remember last night's gate would have been close to filling the old ground. Only fills just over half of our ground now.

Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:36 am

Surely that’s the wurzels highest crowd apart from Leeds took 5000 there.....

Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:39 am

Reckon we will hit 30k for Fulham now?

Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:39 am

goats wrote:Surely that’s the wurzels highest crowd apart from Leeds took 5000 there.....

If it is Goats they chose to watch their team instead of Xmas shopping :lol:

Fair play to Brum bottom of the Championship and getting 20,000 at home and No success for many years.

Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:27 pm

The ticket office needs to bite the bullet tomorrow morning and put the remainder of lower bowl on sale for Fulham and Preston. I doubt the previously quoted Fulham figure of 24k for Fulham. On Friday it was only marginally in front of the Hull sales on e ticketing. Clearly with more than a week to go it will improve hugely and I still think it will be well over 25k.

There's very little availability showing in the family stand but that's because it's 50% closed. On Friday morning you couldn't get 4 tickets together for the Hull yet they still didn't open another block even with a whole day, match day and walk ups to go. Your not appealing to the committed fan here, your trying to appeal to those that may want to try. If they sell tickets on line that's where they'll look and probably only once. If there's a family stand and you want to take your young children that's where you'll probably look to go. Why else would there be a family stand ? Not my opinion but the likely thought of someone giving it a go for the first time.

Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:37 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
goats wrote:Surely that’s the wurzels highest crowd apart from Leeds took 5000 there.....

If it is Goats they chose to watch their team instead of Xmas shopping :lol:

Fair play to Brum bottom of the Championship and getting 20,000 at home and No success for many years.

Playing Man Utd in the cup helps boost support - plastics coming from everywhere grabbing vouchers to see their fav PL team

Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:42 pm

epping blue wrote:The ticket office needs to bite the bullet tomorrow morning and put the remainder of lower bowl on sale for Fulham and Preston. I doubt the previously quoted Fulham figure of 24k for Fulham. On Friday it was only marginally in front of the Hull sales on e ticketing. Clearly with more than a week to go it will improve hugely and I still think it will be well over 25k.

There's very little availability showing in the family stand but that's because it's 50% closed. On Friday morning you couldn't get 4 tickets together for the Hull yet they still didn't open another block even with a whole day, match day and walk ups to go. Your not appealing to the committed fan here, your trying to appeal to those that may want to try. If they sell tickets on line that's where they'll look and probably only once. If there's a family stand and you want to take your young children that's where you'll probably look to go. Why else would there be a family stand ? Not my opinion but the likely thought of someone giving it a go for the first time.

I thought you couldn't buy family stand tickets on line cos you had to prove your credentials ie have a kid or an oap as part of your group

Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:50 pm

Gaynor Straight wrote:
epping blue wrote:The ticket office needs to bite the bullet tomorrow morning and put the remainder of lower bowl on sale for Fulham and Preston. I doubt the previously quoted Fulham figure of 24k for Fulham. On Friday it was only marginally in front of the Hull sales on e ticketing. Clearly with more than a week to go it will improve hugely and I still think it will be well over 25k.

I thought you couldn't buy family stand tickets on line cos you had to prove your credentials ie have a kid or an oap as part of your group

You have been able to this season. I thought initially they were limiting it to just the blocks nearest the grandstand. In fact its all the blocks they've been opening this season.

They know Fulham and Preston are likely to have modest followings so they should put blocks 17, 18, 23 and 24 on sale pretty much as soon as they can. I appreciate they want to save on stewarding but crickey if we cant pretty much fill the lower bowl in the current position then we never will.

You still need to have a kid as part of the group or certainly buy a ticket for one.

Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:17 pm

mallo wrote:Poor crowds all season come spring fans be desperate for tickets for run in Birmingham bottom of league 20k plus. Bristol city getting 20k plus and we're struggling to get 18k with special offers adult and child for a tenner any how well done to the loyal fans making the effort xxx

Bristol City 21,000 yest

Cardiff population 360k Birmingham 1.1million. Bristol 480k.

Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:27 pm

Brum no success for many years?.they beat arsenal in the 2011 league cup final.

Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:47 pm

WelshPatriot wrote:

Bristol City 21,000 yest

Yeah but don't forget that 1.2million live within 5miles of the stadiun :old:

Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:03 pm

NorthCardiffBlue wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:

Bristol City 21,000 yest

10- 20 miles :D :thumbright:

And Birmingham are surrounded by many other clubs.

Bristol has two football clubs.

Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:04 pm

skiprat wrote:Brum no success for many years?.they beat arsenal in the 2011 league cup final.

:lol:

6 years ago, what else have they achieved in the last 17 years

Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:08 pm

Cardiff City get slagged down 24/7 by other clubs fans for our support etc, I will debate and argue with fellow City fans, but I won't let other clubs fans slag us down.

Today on about our Sol Bamba Xmas Song on FB

Simon Lindsay: Annis Abraham sadly it's not original - Leeds sang it about Pontus Jannson last week mate

Scott Maci Mcmanus: Every club has sung this for years

Sam Harris: You sang it for about 10 minuites non stop with your once again paltry home support

Jamie Duffus: We sung this for Helder Costa last season, think Leeds sang it as well not sure

Matthew Caple: So cardiff have copied a song off someone, nothing new here :lol: :lol: bet all the 17k cardiff fans enjoyed it,worst supported club in the championship...

Sam Harris: You clearly have no other chants because you chanted it for ages.

Annis Abraham" A few of you keyboard Warriors need to grow up

Annis Abraham Jnr So No other club has ever copied each other's songs lol

Tom Paternotte:Legit just copied the Costa song...

Ian Kennedy: Well done Warnock, what a manager, he may be a joker and a wined up merchant who can take it as well as give it but you have to hand it too him he knows his onions!

Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:12 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
NorthCardiffBlue wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:

Bristol City 21,000 yest

I thought it was just 10 miles - would love to see the evidence of this.

Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:16 pm

Gaynor Straight wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
NorthCardiffBlue wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:

Bristol City 21,000 yest

I believed it was with in 10miles and incl Cardiff,but apparently it was 15-20miles, but whats a few miles, not many other clubs around for 35 miles :lol:

It was put on here once again this week by Tim aka Lawnmower and someone else, I never put it out, they searched it and showed it it. Search his posts :thumb right:

The point is We are 2nd from Top of the Championship and have been all season and yet we can't even average 20,000 at home never mind 25,000 which 10 other Championship clubs get and thats worrying with our cheap tickets.

Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:25 pm

The Cardiff metropolitan area population was put at 1.1 million in the 2011 stats. That does include Newport and the valleys but I don't think it includes Bridgend and the Bridgend valleys. So not actually all within the 10 miles but in principal its not far from a fair statement.

Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:26 pm

WelshPatriot wrote:

Bristol City 21,000 yest

Think you are under estimating bristol pop bet it's nearer 750k plus surrounding areas would add to population bit like people use valleys Newport ect ect to give us 1m people within 20 miles or so? But the main difference between Cardiff and several other populated areas which we get compared to is we are competing with large amount of rugby playing areas where parents watch kids play and also adults who are playing so can't go to city. :shock:

Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:30 pm

epping blue wrote:The Cardiff metropolitan area population was put at 1.1 million in the 2011 stats. That does include Newport and the valleys but I don't think it includes Bridgend and the Bridgend valleys. So not actually all within the 10 miles but in principal its not far from a fair statement.

2017 Its about 1.3mill now :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Cardiff's support comes from even further than Neath to Abergavenny to the surrounding Valleys of Cardiff ,South Wales , Newport etc WE are very very lucky to have such a large area to pull from :thumbright: :thumbright:

OOps and of course Cardiff itself :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:38 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
epping blue wrote:The Cardiff metropolitan area population was put at 1.1 million in the 2011 stats. That does include Newport and the valleys but I don't think it includes Bridgend and the Bridgend valleys. So not actually all within the 10 miles but in principal its not far from a fair statement.

2017 Its about 1.3mill now :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Cardiff's support comes from even further than Neath to Abergavenny to the surrounding Valleys of Cardiff ,South Wales , Newport etc WE are very very lucky to have such a large area to pull from :thumbright: :thumbright:

OOps and of course Cardiff itself :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of ... ed_Kingdom

Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:39 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Gaynor Straight wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
NorthCardiffBlue wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:

Bristol City 21,000 yest

I believed it was with in 10miles and incl Cardiff,but apparently it was 15-20miles, but whats a few miles, not many other clubs around for 35 miles :lol:

It was put on here once again this week by Tim aka Lawnmower and someone else, I never put it out, they searched it and showed it it. Search his posts :thumb right:

The point is We are 2nd from Top of the Championship and have been all season and yet we can't even average 20,000 at home never mind 25,000 which 10 other Championship clubs get and thats worrying with our cheap tickets.

Annis name any of the top 13 clubs in fan league that have had lower crowds than us in previous 10yrs bearing in mind our successful period of 5yrs around 2007? Be Hard to find more than 2 on a regular basis! Point is those clubs are historically better supported than us so not accurate to compare us with them. Not saying our crowds shouldn't be higher they should but it is what it is. :thumbup: