“ NEIL WARNOCK ENJOYS READING COMMENTS ON FORUMS “

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby worcester_ccfc » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:23 am

Saturday 16th December 2017

By Chris Wathan

Neil Warnock says he wouldn’t swap Sol Bamba for any Premier League centre-back after Cardiff City’s “colossus” earned the Bluebirds boss his favourite three points of the season.

Bamba’s 58th-minute header earned Cardiff victory over Hull, despite Warnock’s injury list starting to take its toll.

Warnock was without any recognised striker and was forced to play Anthony Pilkington for the first time this season, with the veteran manager admitting he went into the clash not knowing how his side would fare for the first time this season.

But Bamba delivered to keep Cardiff four points off leaders Wolves, and Warnock beamed: “I thought Sol was a colossus. I wouldn’t swap him for anyone in the Premier League let alone the Championship.

“He’s been a bit unlucky lately – he scored a good goal against Norwich when they gave a penalty, and he thought it was his goal when Tomlin scored at Reading.

“But he’s always there for us and it’s his presence that makes the difference. He epitomises Cardiff City fans, that’s why they like him, you know those legs will come round like an an octopus when someone thinks they’ve gone past him.

“He’s just genuine and an honest guy, so you’re bound to pick him out when your a supporter, and the other lads respond to him. Anybody goes out of line, he sorts them out.

“He does a lot for charity behind the scenes, he doesn’t do it for recognition but because he enjoys it. He knows he’s lucky to be doing what he’s doing – and we’re so lucky to have him here with us. He wants to win and he wants to be in the Premier League before he finishes.

“I’ve been telling him for seven years he should be there – but this is the closest he’s been. Whether it’s via play-offs or automatic, we’ll give it a good shot.”

Cardiff’s latest win suggests they’re not giving up those dreams without a fight, and Warnock admitted: “I have to say with the problems we’ve got and the people that were out they were magnificent. I think that’s our best three points, given the circumstances.

“I felt strange beforehand because, for the first time I didn’t know how my team were going to do because I didn’t have the strikers I wanted on the pitch.

“I knew we’d get effort, but we were playing against a big side and we will have some smaller lads marking at set pieces where we were poor giving away last week and we had worked hard on. I just didn’t know.

“So the main thing was getting the points, which we deserved. If we had drawn 0-0 I would have said well done, I wouldn’t have complained because of everything behind the scenes, which is more than you know.

“But it’s a tremendous result, especially when you play last and others have won. You can imagine how sick they’ll be watching us. I love that. I’ll read their fans sites on Wolves and Bristol City – they do call me some names on there – but they’ll be saying the lucky so-and-sos again!”
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: “ NEIL WARNOCK ENJOYS READING COMMENTS ON FORUMS “

Postby maccydee » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:18 am

If he’s reading this one he will probably think why are these clowns still going on about a rebrand when it was reversed ages ago.

He will also say that I’m glad I took that tactical advice from that super chap at shrewsbury away preseason. 433 has worked a dream.
Attachments
8BB26126-8C1A-4D00-893D-FC395EB05950.jpeg
8BB26126-8C1A-4D00-893D-FC395EB05950.jpeg (820.47 KiB) Viewed 3395 times
maccydee

Postby Bakedalasker » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:22 am

maccydee wrote:If he’s reading this one he will probably think why are these clowns still going on about a rebrand when it was reversed ages ago.

He will also say that I’m glad I took that tactical advice from that super chap at shrewsbury away preseason. 433 has worked a dream.

He admires our passion for our traditions and the way we never sold out.
Bakedalasker

Postby maccydee » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:27 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:If he’s reading this one he will probably think why are these clowns still going on about a rebrand when it was reversed ages ago.

Au contraire but we wore red for three seasons and two of those seasons were the highest crowds we have seen since there wasn’t TV.

We are back in blue. He will think like any sensible person and realise if you aren’t coming now because of a rebrand that was reversed you are not a Cardiff fan anymore.
maccydee

Postby City Slicker » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:53 am

Bakedalasker wrote:

Absolutely, bang on!
City Slicker

Postby Bakedalasker » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:59 am

maccydee wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

Au contraire but we wore red for three seasons and two of those seasons were the highest crowds we have seen since there wasn’t TV.

We are back in blue. He will think like any sensible person and realise if you aren’t coming now because of a rebrand that was reversed you are not a Cardiff fan anymore.

Uh the club wore red we didn't.

Yes back in blue but why? Because we were going to lose more. Unfortunately the damaged was done and will only be repaired when Tan goes. If Warnock wants an answer there it is.
Bakedalasker

Postby maccydee » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:14 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

Yes back in blue but why? Because we were going to lose more. Unfortunately the damaged was done and will only be repaired when Tan goes. If Warnock wants an answer there it is.

You want rid of Our only chance of being debt free? Now you are really being daft.
maccydee

Postby dogfound » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:35 am

i wish people would make their minds up....
we are back in blue because we were going to lose more ?????????? { i presume fans }
were these fans we lost die hard freedom fighters or sell out glory hunting red brigaders.
one minute its the red glory hunters leaving so those left were not being drowned out...the next minute its the die hard deserters forcing his hand...but having forced his hand will not come back.
nobody wanted red...
dogfound

Postby maccydee » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:44 am

dogfound wrote:i wish people would make their minds up....
we are back in blue because we were going to lose more ?????????? { i presume fans }
were these fans we lost die hard freedom fighters or sell out glory hunting red brigaders.
one minute its the red glory hunters leaving so those left were not being drowned out...the next minute its the die hard deserters forcing his hand...but having forced his hand will not come back.
nobody wanted red...

That’s the thing that baffles me and makes the other side of the argument so easy to discredit. Constant and I mean constant contradictions sometimes in the same post. Not to mention baffling stats like 1.2 million people within 10 miles. Can you imagine the population density of that?
maccydee

Postby dogfound » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:57 am

maccydee wrote:
nobody wanted red...

That’s the thing that baffles me and makes the other side of the argument so easy to discredit. Constant and I mean constant contradictions sometimes in the same post. Not to mention baffling stats like 1.2 million people within 10 miles. Can you imagine the population density of that?

well i hated red..always wore blue and did nothing else..i look back and think maybe i should have done more, im sure many feel as i do...there were no decent sized protests apart from 1 about 18 months too late { should have been thousands every game }.and no real boycott.{ thousands outside half empty inside }..yet there are plenty wanting to say they were part of the crusade that didnt happen...
dogfound

Postby maccydee » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:59 am

dogfound wrote:
maccydee wrote:
nobody wanted red...

well i hated red..always wore blue and did nothing else..i look back and think maybe i should have done more, im sure many feel as i do...there were no decent sized protests apart from 1 about 18 months too late { should have been thousands every game }.and no real boycott.{ thousands outside half empty inside }..yet there are plenty wanting to say they were part of the crusade that didnt happen...

Yep I think so. Happened as we started losing too. Very little when we were winning.

End of the day we are back in blue. Nothing to moan about now.
maccydee

Postby Mr Potato » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:41 am

The red thing surely has to be dead now, we play on blue, our debt is being turned to equity, we have a great management team and we are being run in a very sensible ffp fashion. Despite being 2nd things considered shouldn't have gotten any better, but they did as we sit 2nd.

Boxing is going to be a bumper day and in my humble opinion Jan and Feb etc will see a natural rise in attendances.

Sort the stadium out to bring an atmosphere and it's dreamland
Mr Potato

Postby Sven » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:53 am

maccydee wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

Tend to agree with that, Neil :thumbright: :ayatollah:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby maccydee » Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:26 pm

Sven wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

Me too.
maccydee

Postby Bakedalasker » Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:51 pm

maccydee wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

You want rid of Our only chance of being debt free? Now you are really being daft.

I would have been quite happy to have gone down the Portsmouth route.

Look were they are now and the fans have their respect and integrity in place unlike us.
Bakedalasker

Postby Bakedalasker » Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:01 pm

maccydee wrote:
Sven wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

Me too.

But to a lot of fans that have been coming for years we are not back to what we are. The instigator of Tan is still the owner, the sellout Borley is still a director, the RED seats are still there and most of all Tan has not apologised.

To call them not fans is ignorant in my view. i would go so far as saying its hypocrazy as I recall the Red leader stated anyone who carried on supporting the team had accepted the re-brand then next sentence would say you support your team whatever.
Bakedalasker

Postby Sven » Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:24 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Sven wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

Me too.

But to a lot of fans that have been coming for years we are not back to what we are. The instigator of Tan is still the owner, the sellout Borley is still a director, the RED seats are still there and most of all Tan has not apologised.

To call them not fans is ignorant in my view. i would go so far as saying its hypocrazy as I recall the Red leader stated anyone who carried on supporting the team had accepted the re-brand then next sentence would say you support your team whatever.

Back to where exactly? :?

A club with ambitions rather than dreams and the odd 'giant killing' performances? A club drifting from year to year with no financial security and relatively uncontrollable debts building to the point where the ILR were about to close the club as we knew it down? :?

You are pretty entrenched in your views on the subject and of course Vincent Tan caused (massive) problems but he has no more apologised to fans than they have to him for some of the things they said/did at the time

Perhaps that is okay for them not to do it but not okay for him? :?

The one thing Vincent Tan has done is 'move on' and by what he has/is doing to rectify the issues, he has (sort of) admitted the problems he created and we have now seen the club finally start converting debt into equity and appoint a quality manager capable of delivering the product we have all yearned for

For me, this season is far more exciting than the previous assault on the Premier League and if some 'fans' are staying away on the rebrand issue, it seems clear they are paying far too much attention to a small part of the very history some of them claimed we no longer had

The past cannot/will not be forgotten but the club/fans must move on at some point and this (superb to date) season is as good a point as any. Vincent Tan, the manager, the players et al will all eventually leave. That is without shadow of doubt, which leaves the club's fans as the only constant; so by default the 'fans' who walked away and have not attended since cannot be called 'supporters' any longer because they don't contribute directly to the club. That's not being disrespectful; it's simply pointing out what is correct

So-called 'Red Leader' did indeed say that and he was wholly wrong (as he was on many things around that time) but he was one person and the rest of us many thousands of City fans surely had the ability to make up our own minds? I know I did and (whether we agreed or disagreed) I know many others did too!

Can't speak about Steve Borley. Always had the club's best interests at heart IMHO but I'm sure there was an element of self-protectionism in his thoughts but a lot less than some others who jumped on that particular bandwagon. And yo be fair, if it was my money, I'd possibly have done the same but I don't, so it's pretty hypothetical

I always respect your views but it all boils down to whether we move on positively on or constantly look back in anger. I can't change the past, so I've let it go to some extent and I'm still supporting the club I first attended in 1968 and under which a lot of more turbulent waters have flowed! :thumbright: :ayatollah:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby WelshPatriot » Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:27 pm

Mr Potato wrote:The red thing surely has to be dead now, we play on blue, our debt is being turned to equity, we have a great management team and we are being run in a very sensible ffp fashion. Despite being 2nd things considered shouldn't have gotten any better, but they did as we sit 2nd.

Boxing is going to be a bumper day and in my humble opinion Jan and Feb etc will see a natural rise in attendances.

Sort the stadium out to bring an atmosphere and it's dreamland

No the red things not dead, some people in life like to moan regardless how good things are.

Currently we are in the top 2, debt being reduced, playing in blue, atmosphere returning to games a manager everyone wanted and an announcement that funds will be made available in January to strengthen....

And the same people time and time again post about the rebrand.
WelshPatriot

Postby maccydee » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:21 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

Look were they are now and the fans have their respect and integrity in place unlike us.

Ian I like you but f**k me you talk bullshit.
maccydee

Postby maccydee » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:24 pm

Sven wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Sven wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

Me too.

Back to where exactly? :?

A club with ambitions rather than dreams and the odd 'giant killing' performances? A club drifting from year to year with no financial security and relatively uncontrollable debts building to the point where the ILR were about to close the club as we knew it down? :?

You are pretty entrenched in your views on the subject and of course Vincent Tan caused (massive) problems but he has no more apologised to fans than they have to him for some of the things they said/did at the time

Perhaps that is okay for them not to do it but not okay for him? :?

The one thing Vincent Tan has done is 'move on' and by what he has/is doing to rectify the issues, he has (sort of) admitted the problems he created and we have now seen the club finally start converting debt into equity and appoint a quality manager capable of delivering the product we have all yearned for

For me, this season is far more exciting than the previous assault on the Premier League and if some 'fans' are staying away on the rebrand issue, it seems clear they are paying far too much attention to a small part of the very history some of them claimed we no longer had

The past cannot/will not be forgotten but the club/fans must move on at some point and this (superb to date) season is as good a point as any. Vincent Tan, the manager, the players et al will all eventually leave. That is without shadow of doubt, which leaves the club's fans as the only constant; so by default the 'fans' who walked away and have not attended since cannot be called 'supporters' any longer because they don't contribute directly to the club. That's not being disrespectful; it's simply pointing out what is correct

So-called 'Red Leader' did indeed say that and he was wholly wrong (as he was on many things around that time) but he was one person and the rest of us many thousands of City fans surely had the ability to make up our own minds? I know I did and (whether we agreed or disagreed) I know many others did too!

Can't speak about Steve Borley. Always had the club's best interests at heart IMHO but I'm sure there was an element of self-protectionism in his thoughts but a lot less than some others who jumped on that particular bandwagon. And yo be fair, if it was my money, I'd possibly have done the same but I don't, so it's pretty hypothetical

I always respect your views but it all boils down to whether we move on positively on or constantly look back in anger. I can't change the past, so I've let it go to some extent and I'm still supporting the club I first attended in 1968 and under which a lot of more turbulent waters have flowed! :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Who is the red leader?
maccydee

Postby Forever Blue » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:26 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

I personally 100% agree with Ian.

Pompey have still got their Respect/Dignity/Unity and Pure Passion as they stayed Proud and their fans stuck together.

Their away support is massive for a lower division club,they take three times what we take away for night games etc.

Pompey & Cardiff were so similar in the 80's, but now we are miles apart regarding loyalty.

They have lost none of their diehards as their club stayed together as one with their fans :thumbright:

Not just my opinion, I see it for myself :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby WelshPatriot » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:39 pm

maccydee wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

Ian I like you but f**k me you talk bullshit.

The same guy moans about attendances would be happy for us to drop down the league with crowds going back to 1500 figure that out.
WelshPatriot

Postby Steve Zodiak » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:47 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

Pompey have still got their Respect/Dignity/Unity and Pure Passion as they stayed Proud and their fans stuck together.

Their away support is massive for a lower division club,they take three times what we take away for night games etc.

Pompey & Cardiff were so similar in the 80's, but now we are miles apart regarding loyalty.

They have lost none of their diehards as their club stayed together as one with their fans :thumbright:

Not just my opinion, I see it for myself :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Me too. personally I did'nt give a hoot what happened to the club once we changed to red. As far as I was concerned it was no longer the club I had followed since the late 60's, and I found other things to do on a Saturday afternoon. Would love to see us promoted this season as I still have not watched us play in the top flight in all the time I have been a supporter.
Steve Zodiak

Postby maccydee » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:25 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

But their crowds were smaller in the bottom league and steadily are increasing as they rise the divisions. Are their new supporters glory hunters.

Of course you agree with Ian. You are as blind in your hatred for Tan as he is. Doesn’t mean the pair of you aren’t wrong.
maccydee

Postby Sven » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:50 pm

maccydee wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

But their crowds were smaller in the bottom league and steadily are increasing as they rise the divisions. Are their new supporters glory hunters.

Of course you agree with Ian. You are as blind in your hatred for Tan as he is. Doesn’t mean the pair of you aren’t wrong.

Annis and Ian both maintained their positions re Vincent Tan since the rebrand and I fully respect that; the big difference for me being that neither walked from the club as 'supporters' when the going got tough!

I suppose my question (despite the long post) is really "When do all the recriminations stop and we all move on?"

I believe the club (and that includes Vincent Tan) have moved on in spades, so why can't some fans? Personally, I haven't been this positive for some years (possibly back to the early Sam days) and I'd just like to see the club, the manager, the team and the paying supporters allowed to reap the rewards of their efforts in the good times after leaving behind some pretty horrendous ones

As I said, we cannot live in the past, so we have to move on and that time is surely right now?! :bluescarf: :bluebird:
Sven

Postby maccydee » Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:50 pm

Sven wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

Annis and Ian both maintained their positions re Vincent Tan since the rebrand and I fully respect that; the big difference for me being that neither walked from the club as 'supporters' when the going got tough!

I suppose my question (despite the long post) is really "When do all the recriminations stop and we all move on?"

I believe the club (and that includes Vincent Tan) have moved on in spades, so why can't some fans? Personally, I haven't been this positive for some years (possibly back to the early Sam days) and I'd just like to see the club, the manager, the team and the paying supporters allowed to reap the rewards of their efforts in the good times after leaving behind some pretty horrendous ones

As I said, we cannot live in the past, so we have to move on and that time is surely right now?! :bluescarf: :bluebird:

Yep we should all move on but some just won’t let it go. That is fine but they spout their bile constantly on here. Every time it comes to crowds the digs at Tan resurface.

I personally loved Sam. Felt he lit the fire under us that no one else would at the time. However, he made mistakes. Ridsdale made mistakes which almost cost us our club. It was that bad. It wouldn’t have been a Portsmouth situation. We were deader than they were.

Tan definitely made mistakes. He said as much and I put a link on yesterday. He also is correcting those mistakes. Yet people still won’t leave alone. They want him gone. The same clowns also want investment in the team in January. They also can’t tell us where we will get a better owner than Tan. A man who said he will make us debt free and is following through on that. They want an apology FFS. We aren’t owed anything from Tan. He has done more for this clubs than any of the fans we lost over the rebrand. Borley has too. So to call him a sellout is ridiculous.
maccydee

Postby Sven » Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:24 pm

maccydee wrote:
Sven wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

Yep we should all move on but some just won’t let it go. That is fine but they spout their bile constantly on here. Every time it comes to crowds the digs at Tan resurface.

I personally loved Sam. Felt he lit the fire under us that no one else would at the time. However, he made mistakes. Ridsdale made mistakes which almost cost us our club. It was that bad. It wouldn’t have been a Portsmouth situation. We were deader than they were.

Tan definitely made mistakes. He said as much and I put a link on yesterday. He also is correcting those mistakes. Yet people still won’t leave alone. They want him gone. The same clowns also want investment in the team in January. They also can’t tell us where we will get a better owner than Tan. A man who said he will make us debt free and is following through on that. They want an apology FFS. We aren’t owed anything from Tan. He has done more for this clubs than any of the fans we lost over the rebrand. Borley has too. So to call him a sellout is ridiculous.

You make some good points there but spoil it by referring to them as (quote) "clowns" because they hold a different opinion when they are clearly not. It is their prerogative to hold that view and to be negative, if they so choose. I just don't understand it myself given the changes in the club since Vincent tan (and others) woke up and smelled the coffee by appointing a proper manager when Neil Ap Warnock arrived :thumbright:

I am someone who either agrees or disagrees on posts on an individual basis and whilst I might get a bit humourously sarcastic on occasion, I do try to respect others views as far as I ca, (including your belief that Joe Ledley is the Messiah. I never called you a 'clown', I simply disagreed and stated my case, which is all part of Forum life! :thumbright: :ayatollah:
Sven

Postby maccydee » Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:32 pm

It’s a term of endearment. But anyone who bashes Tan and wants him gone, complains about the debt then wants money spent in January is a clown.

You can’t criticise me for wanting Ledley back. He is exactly the sort of player we (or any Championship side) need.
maccydee

Postby Sven » Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:02 pm

maccydee wrote:It’s a term of endearment. But anyone who bashes Tan and wants him gone, complains about the debt then wants money spent in January is a clown.

You can’t criticise me for wanting Ledley back. He is exactly the sort of player we (or any Championship side) need.

I said you're not wrong in the basics of what you're saying (I agreed) just not the "clown" bit! :thumbright:

And I didn't criticise you on Ledley. I simply disagreed he was the answer and stated my case. Also don't recall any disrespect for you being shown. It's just opinions on subjects we have little or no real control over! :thumbright: :ayatollah:
Sven

Postby maccydee » Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:05 pm

Sven wrote:
maccydee wrote:It’s a term of endearment. But anyone who bashes Tan and wants him gone, complains about the debt then wants money spent in January is a clown.

I said you're not wrong in the basics of what you're saying (I agreed) just not the "clown" bit! :thumbright:

And I didn't criticise you on Ledley. I simply disagreed he was the answer and stated my case. Also don't recall any disrespect for you being shown. It's just opinions on subjects we have little or no real control over! :thumbright: :ayatollah:

What if I put in my opinion they are clowns? Plus, it most definitely is a term of endearment. I think the world of Ian and Annis.
maccydee

Next

Return to General Chat