Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Pilkington

Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:47 pm

Seemed to be going through the motions today.

Definitely best for both the player and the club if he moves on in January and missed an opportunity today to put himself in the shop window.

Thought he could have offered a bit more than he did.

Never really worked out for him here but I'll always remember that winning goal away at the Wurzels last season! :thumbup:

Re: Pilkington

Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:57 pm

Can’t realy blame him to be honest.

I think he showed effort and left the field with an assist. Since he’s technically our 6th striking option I’m happy enough with him today

Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:04 pm

I thought he did well enough against 2 big centre backs, had a lot of high balls into him which he had no chance with.

He’s not a striker though

Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:21 pm

very harsh - he hasn't played in god knows how long so is always going to be a little off the pace, but he ran willingly which was his job.

Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:26 pm

northernbluebird wrote:very harsh - he hasn't played in god knows how long so is always going to be a little off the pace, but he ran willingly which was his job.

I agree, just missing match sharpness and needs a run of games.

Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:32 pm

Thought he did ok, he is no out & out striker, service wasn't exactly best and could never be accused of not putting a shift in.

Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:35 pm

Done well I thought, considering this was his first start this season, the flick on for bambas goal was quality too.

Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:15 am

He did well today.
Must be disappointed not even being on the bench for most matches, but run his socks off all over the place up front.
And helped out at the back. Made a timely block / clearance in 2nd half.
Not played first team for many months.
Assisted the goal.

Offered more today than Bogle.

Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:36 am

I thought he played well. Seeing as he was Out of position and has not played all season he put in a very good performance.

When up to speed he is a very good player we should not lose him january

Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:48 am

I thought he did very well considering how long he’s been out of the team. He’s not a natural striker but did everything he was asked for the team.

Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:55 am

He's had it just not good enough get rid and use his wages to strengthen

Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:58 am

He hasnt played all season and came into a tough game played well and gave 100% as always.

Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:25 am

The experiment of playing him as the main striker has never really worked. He gets caught offside time and again.

That said his flick header created the goal for Bamba :thumbup: