Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" I MIGHT GET SLATED FOR THIS BUT "

Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:01 pm

I believe a fit Lee Tomlin will be dynamite but he looks totally unfit at the moment and tonight he was everywhere but looked like he was blowing out of his arse.

Plus Callum Paterson another quality player but looks well over weight.

Re: " I MIGHT GET SLATED FOR THIS BUT "

Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:05 pm

Sounds like he was knackered in the first half, if you see link below.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=190929 :ayatollah:

People are surprised that he doesn’t start many games, but in his whole career he’s never been one to play 90 minutes regularly.

I personally feel he’s better to bring on off the bench. Had no choice but to start him today because of injuries.

Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:05 pm

Tomlin gave everything but his end product was poor tonite,should have tested the keeper much more!

Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:07 pm

He was coughing in the first half think he might have a bit of a cold???

Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:16 pm

Totally agree Annis . He looked overweight and breathing out of his arse but played a cracking game.

Sadly when he retires he'll balloon .

Obvious now why he doesn't start as it uses up a sub automatically.

On saying that I'd have him in my team every time

Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:27 pm

His fantastic cross led to the winning goal. Tried hard and yet again won us the points. He can blow every week while he gains us points the way he has been doing it.

Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:29 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:He was coughing in the first half think he might have a bit of a cold???

Think he said in post match interview that he was a bit unwell aswell. He started shockingly but grew into the game as it went on. If he can get fit he'll be incredible for us. Needs more game time to sharpen his shooting aswell, thought he might have put one away tonight as he got the ball in some brilliant positions

Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:31 pm

[q
theclaw wrote:pm

End product? His cross led to the winning goal.

Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:46 pm

you won't get slated - you are simply saying what everyone saw. tomlin came off on 82 minutes but it should have been on 60 for me.

undoubted quality and a far better footballer than those around him, but that means nothing without decent fitness. he doesnt need to run a marathon, but he could be a star if he improved there.

Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:54 pm

Ninianparkspecial wrote:[q

His shooting was shocking tonite.

Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:01 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I believe a fit Lee Tomlin will be dynamite but he looks totally unfit at the moment and tonight he was everywhere but looked like he was blowing out of his arse.

I thought he was excellent and looked like creating every time he had the ball, the flick he did around 70 mins in from a high ball was class. If he was fit enough for 90 moms there is no way he could be left out.

Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:08 pm

He had a poor start but grew, he isn't 100% but was still involved in our goal, is a handful and will be an important player this year.

Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:12 pm

Why slated mate?

Mind you, about time you got something right.

Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:20 pm

To be match fit you’ve got to play games it’s a starting point he made it to 82 minutes thought he worked hard but agree should have tested McGregor more!

Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:31 pm

theclaw wrote:

Were you watching the same match ?

Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:40 pm

NIBluebird wrote:
theclaw wrote:

Which shots did you like?

Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:43 pm

theclaw wrote:
NIBluebird wrote:
theclaw wrote:

All the ones on target.

In his defence he was going for placement over Power. I’m glad he was in the positions.

Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:49 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I believe a fit Lee Tomlin will be dynamite but he looks totally unfit at the moment and tonight he was everywhere but looked like he was blowing out of his arse.

Both missed alot of games so hopefully will get fitter with more games under their belts

Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:51 pm

He is class and with a bit of work on his fitness will be even better ,he should of scored a couple tonight tho

Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:51 pm

maccydee wrote:
theclaw wrote:
NIBluebird wrote:
theclaw wrote:

All the ones on target.

In his defence he was going for placement over Power. I’m glad he was in the positions.

I’m glad too he was there to have a shot but thought he could have done a bit better in that department.
By the way I’m a pro a Tomlin fan but thought he should have done a tad better.

Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:58 pm

theclaw wrote:
maccydee wrote:
theclaw wrote:
NIBluebird wrote:
theclaw wrote:

All the ones on target.

I’m glad too he was there to have a shot but thought he could have done a bit better in that department.
By the way I’m a pro a Tomlin fan but thought he should have done a tad better.

Agreed. Will get his eye in hopefully. Looked like he has a touch of class.

Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:11 pm

NW said in the week he was working on his fitness/diet. Good to see him start and play 82mins. I think the applause he got and gave back shows his intention, he's clearly loving it here and I think (and hope) he's moving along a process that will result in him fulfilling his incredible potential. He was everywhere tonight and was blowing at the end but he didn't shirk out of the distances despite fitness issues which to me shows how he's pushing himself.

He's down at Barry Island at 6:30am tomorrow doing beach sprints and then swimming from Jackson's Bay to The Knap.

Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:32 pm

Tomlin reminds me of 'Might Mouse' which was a caricature in the old Roy of the Rovers comic. Short fat dumpy playmaker who absolutely awesome.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:01 am

Pulisnewport wrote:He was coughing in the first half think he might have a bit of a cold???

You are correct any other day if we had less injuries he would not even be on the subs bench, sounds to me that he had a touch of flu, I've been coughing like he was all week. which just goes to show what sort of squad Warnock has assembled :thumbup:

Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:08 am

If any players are not fit then where are the coaching staff, Start doing what you are paid for and get them fit. Having said that it is also down to the individual players to take pride in their profession and get themselves fit. :banghead: