Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

What will the result of Bolton Wanderers v Cardiff City be?

Poll ended at Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:45 pm

Bolton Wanderers win
2%
Cardiff City win
86%
Draw
12%

Total votes : 49

Re: LATEST NEWS " BOLTON WANDERERS v CARDIFF CITY " MATCH TH

Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:45 am

Got a bad feeling about today just got that feeling obviously i hope im wrong.
Lets hope the team spirit never say die wins us the game.
Going with my heart 1-0 city

Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:40 am

This is the type of game we would lose in past seasons.
This is as big a test of our promotion credentials as any other team in the league.
Will be a hard game i think we will probably scrape it 1-0 with a Ralls penalty

Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:05 pm

URGENT!!

Has anyone got 4 spare tickets for the Bolton game please? A big ask, I know!!

It was mentioned on here for ages that it was pay on the day, but I have just phoned Bolton and they have told me that me, the missus, and the kids won't be let in!

I even tried telling them I was already at Stoke and had a 3 hour drive back with the kids!

Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:16 pm

Frosty_Blue wrote:URGENT!!

It was mentioned on here for ages that it was pay on the day, but I have just phoned Bolton and they have told me that me, the missus, and the kids won't be let in!

I even tried telling them I was already at Stoke and had a 3 hour drive back with the kids!

That's not good, fella and I certainly saw it advertised as 'Pay on the Day' :o :shock:

I'm sure Vince may have some, if you get to the ground. Good luck! :ayatollah:

Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:08 pm

ITS CASH ON THE TURNSTILE AS I ALWAYS SAID :thumbright: :bluebird:

Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:12 pm

Frosty_Blue wrote:URGENT!!

hope you sort it..

Re: MATCH THREAD " BOLTON W v CARDIFF CITY " MATCH THREAD

Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:51 pm

Cardiff City XI: Etheridge; Peltier, Bamba, Manga, Bennett; Halford; Damour, Ralls, Mendez-Laing, Hoilett; Bogle.

Subs: Murphy, Connolly, Paterson, Feeney, Pilkington, Tomlin, Zohore.

Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:04 pm

Nervy moment for Cardiff

Sammy Ameobi probes down the left for the first time before fizzing in a low cross into the area, only for Greg Halford to put it behind for a corner.

Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:11 pm

The centre-back has already been seranaded with the highly catchy version of Last Christmas. The away contingent politely ask he does the Ayatollah. He obliges. 0-0.

Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:11 pm

Cardiff's going up and the Swans are going down

That’s what the away fans are singing in these opening few minutes. Not a lot of penetration for either side at the moment.

Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:18 pm

@Joe_Ralls shot blocked. (0-0)

Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:19 pm

Ralls blocked!

Lovely work from Mendez-Laing down the right, who works his way through the defence and squares for Hoilett, who tees up Ralls on the edge of the area. The midfielder goes for placement rather than power and his shot is blocked. Heating up a little now.

Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:19 pm

Halford had treatment again for an injury

Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:21 pm

Best and worst of Bamba

The defender does superbly to snuff out a chance in the box, giving his man the slip with an audacious turn in the area. He gets away with it but his pass is straight to Little, whose deflected shot goes wide

Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:23 pm

it’s a really physical contest that is unfolding before us, from our rather lofty position. The bird’s eye view is giving a great sense of how congested the midfield has been, with neither side able to penetrate. Cardiff have, in the last five minutes, found some attacking fluency. Joe Ralls is really driving them forward and Junior Hoilett is drifting in to a central position to get on the ball. Both have been met with some meaty Bolton challenges though.

Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:27 pm

Damour

The Frenchman gives away yet another foul in the centre of the park. Henry chips the resulting freekick into the box but it comes to nothing.

Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:29 pm

Ralls puts a lovely corner into the area and Halford risest highest. His header is narrowly over.

Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:30 pm

@jnrhoilett slots in at close range and is already celebrating before the Assistant Referee raises his flag for offside. Looked tight! (0-0)

Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:30 pm

GOAL... or not?

Confusion here. Damour shoots and but is blocked by a combination of Bogle and a Bolton defender. The ball finds Hoilett two yards out, who taps home. The linesman has a think about it, before eventually ruling it out.

Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:36 pm

Physical contest again here

After a few minutes of action, it’s safe to say this has once again become a physical battle in the middle of the park. Ameobi briefly threatens with a low ball from the right, but it’s confidently hoofed out of play by Manga.

Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:38 pm

Great play from Sammy Ameobi down the right to retain possession and beat Sol Bamba before seeing his low cross cleared.

Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:42 pm

Halford making the most of his opportunity

He’s looked lively on his first start of the season. He makes a magnificent interception from Henry and sprays it out to Mendez-Laing on the right, but the winger’s cross is claimed by Alnwick

Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:45 pm

Bamba goes close!

Hoilett whips in a lovely freekick from the left that eludes everyone and finds a sprawling Bamba at the back-post, but he can’t get a decent touch on it. Close

The defender does superbly to snuff out a chance in the box, giving his man the slip with an audacious turn in the area. He gets away with it but his pass is straight to Little, whose deflected shot goes wide

Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:47 pm

Pratley booked

He’s already getting a frosty reception from the travelling fans due to his Swansea connections, and Darren Pratley has upset them big time with a lunge on Damour. It’s reckless and he goes into the book.

Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:47 pm

HALF TIME: Bolton Wanderers 0-0 Cardiff City

Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:48 pm

Starting Halford away against Bolton probably correct decision by Warnock. Sounds like a bruising and scrappy affair so far - while Tomlin can unlock he can’t compete.

Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:48 pm

Happy with 0 0 at half time. We still have the quality on the bench to change things

Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:49 pm

:bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:03 pm

That first half seemed to start slowly, then pick up pace, then drift again - as if both sides had a go at breaking the other down, then resorted to scrapping it out in midfield.

It’s been a bruising encounter that’s for sure, we’re hoping for more quality and more clearcut chances after the break.

Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:05 pm

Starting Halford away against Bolton probably correct decision by Warnock. Sounds like a bruising and scrappy affair so far - while Tomlin can unlock he can’t compete