MATCH THREAD " BOLTON W v CARDIFF CITY " MATCH THREAD

A forum for all things Cardiff City

What will the result of Bolton Wanderers v Cardiff City be?

Poll ended at Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:45 pm

Bolton Wanderers win
2%
Cardiff City win
86%
Draw
12%

Total votes : 49

Postby worcester_ccfc » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:45 pm

BOLTON WANDERERS v CARDIFF CITY
Saturday 23rd December, 3pm
SkyBet Championship
Macron Stadium

Cardiff City XI: Etheridge; Peltier, Bamba, Manga, Bennett; Halford; Damour, Ralls, Mendez-Laing, Hoilett; Bogle.

Subs: Murphy, Connolly, Paterson, Feeney, Pilkington, Tomlin, Zohore.

Cardiff City have 3,000 tickets available :thumbright:

Approx 960 tickets have been sold so far :bluebird:

Neil Warnock, who has never won at Bolton in his managerial career, already has a number of injury concerns ahead of this fixture.

22/12/17

" GUNNARSON OPERATION / DANNY WARD OUT FOR THREE MONTHS / ZOHORE HAD OPERATION ''

NEIL WARNOCK:

"As we speak Gunnarson having an operation in London and he’ll be out for four to six weeks. Danny Ward we’ve found out after his operation will be out for three months."

"So a couple of blows there."

Kenneth Zohore had an operation.

"Kadeem Harris has been training well with the Under-23s. Bryson and Zohore have both done more this week and they’re on a plan with the fitness guys."

An update on Cardiff's defensive injuries

Neil Warnock:

"We don’t know if he’ll (Peltier) play tomorrow. Jazz Richards trained yesterday and he seemed really bright. It wouldn’t bother me to play Paterson or Connolly. I love Connolly me, he never moans and it’s great to have a player like him. He’s my Mr Reliable really.”

ABDBE1BA-C066-49D3-801A-F34807D12E1D.jpeg
ABDBE1BA-C066-49D3-801A-F34807D12E1D.jpeg (123.88 KiB) Viewed 7031 times

About Bolton Wanderers

Bolton Wanderers Football Club is a professional association football club based in Bolton, Greater Manchester. The club currently competes in the Championship, the second tier of the English football league system.

The club was formed as Christ Church Football Club in 1874, and adopted its current name in 1877. Founder members of the Football League in 1888, Bolton have spent the highest number of seasons of any club in the top flight without winning the title (the 2011–12 season was their 73rd, non-consecutive, year in the top flight). The closest they have come to the title is third in the First Division on three occasions (1891–92, 1920–21 and 1924–25). As of 2015, the club has spent more seasons in the top division than any other club outside the current Premier League.

Bolton were a successful cup side in the 1920s, winning the FA Cup three times. The club won the cup a fourth time in 1958. A leaner spell followed, reaching a nadir in 1987 when the club spent a season in the Fourth Division. The club regained top-flight status in 1995 after a 15-year absence. In a period of relative success, the club qualified for the UEFA Cup twice, reaching the last 32 in 2005–06 and the last 16 in 2007–08.

The club played at Burnden Park for 102 years from 1895. On 9 March 1946, The Burnden Park disaster occurred, which was a human crush in which 33 Bolton fans lost their lives. In 1997 it moved out of town to the Reebok Stadium, named after long-term club sponsor Reebok. The stadium was renamed the Macron Stadium in July 2014, to reflect the club's new deal with Italian sportswear company Macron.

Team News - Predicted Line-Ups

Bolton Wanderers: Alnwick, Darby, Wheater, Beevers, Robinson, Pratley, Henry, Ameobi, Vela, Buckley, Madine

Cardiff City: Etheridge, Peltier, Manga, Bamba, Bennett, Damour, Ralls, Tomlin, Mendez-Laing, Hoilett, Pilkington

Form - Last Three Games

Bolton Wanderers 0-1 Burton Albion
Nottingham Forest 3-2 Bolton Wanderers
Bolton Wanderers 3-1 Barnsley

Cardiff City 1-0 Hull City
Reading 2-2 Cardiff City
Cardiff City 3-1 Norwich City

Match Odds

Bolton Wanderers - 11/4
Cardiff City - EVS
Draw - 12/5

Predictions

Post your predictions below :thumbright:

Don't forget to vote for your Man of the Match after the game. That poll will be posted on this forum at full time :thumbright:
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: LATEST NEWS " BOLTON WANDERERS v CARDIFF CITY " MATCH TH

Postby Pembroke bluebird » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:23 am

0-2 city :bluescarf:
Pembroke bluebird

Postby Forever Blue » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:11 am

City to win 0-3 :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Once a blue always a blue44 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:17 pm

Although on paper we should win this game...we are hit by many first team injuries and even without that I think this game is another to be very wary of. Possible banana skin game? If we can come through these Xmas games barely unscaved and bearing in mind come January we will start to get some players back, I do believe we will atleast gain a play off place if not automatic but it is way too early to say. There are some strong teams around us. I mentioned the other day about the fact that if we had beaten Bristol we would be X points ahead. Some people stated that post was ridiculous but look at Bristol at the moment they are are nearest auto promo rivals and I go back to the IF....if we had beaten them we would now be 9 points ahead of 3rd place with Derby the next team behind us! But moving on....no time now for ifs and buts as we have been incredible so far this season and beyond anyone's expectations really I think it's fair to say!
Once a blue always a blue44

Postby Bananas » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:43 pm

0-2 city :bluescarf: :ayatollah:
Bananas

Postby Pulisnewport » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:44 pm

This would be my team on the circumstances

Etheridge
Paterson
Bennett
Manga
Bamba
Peltier
Ralls
Damour
Tomlin
Bogle
Laing

Any players back to fitness would be an even better bonus?

Bolton 0-3 City
Pulisnewport

Postby Bananas » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:47 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:This would be my team on the circumstances

Etheridge
Paterson
Bennett
Manga
Bamba
Peltier
Ralls
Damour
Tomlin
Bogle
Laing

Bolton 0-3 City

Hoilett??
Bananas

Postby Danny Says » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:58 pm

Etheridge
Paterson
Bennett
Manga
Bamba
Peltier
Ralls
Damour
Tomlin
Bogle
Laing

Bolton 0-3 City

Why Paterson? He is a liability. Play Hoilett.

Basically due to injuries it picks itself; the same team v Hull with Bogle starting.

IF THEY ARE ALL FIT! Peltier was a big plus defensively so hope he is fit.
Danny Says

Postby Pulisnewport » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:36 pm

Bananas wrote:

Etheridge
Paterson
Bennett
Manga
Bamba
Peltier
Ralls
Damour
Tomlin
Bogle
Laing

Bolton 0-3 City

Hoilett??

Just think we may go 3 at the back?

Either Laing or Hoilett to play 2 big home games coming up and one or both might need a rest.
Pulisnewport

Postby Sloper Road » Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:00 pm

Yet another load of comments about injuries, even Warnock has just stated he cant wait to see how good we are when we get are first team players back! im sorry this has to stop. The players that have played for the last 6 games are our best players, no one who is out injured over that time would have improved the results ,,,as a manager that's what you have to be saying surely? the so called first teamers have to wait for their chance. This thread goes about injuries followed in the same breath about resting players for the Bolton game,,,,,how bad can it be. There are only two players who would be in immediate contention to start if results slip. Why we talk about 9 or 10 first team players out is baffling. :banghead:
Sloper Road

Postby paulh_85 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:34 pm

Sloper Road wrote:Yet another load of comments about injuries, even Warnock has just stated he cant wait to see how good we are when we get are first team players back! im sorry this has to stop. The players that have played for the last 6 games are our best players, no one who is out injured over that time would have improved the results ,,,as a manager that's what you have to be saying surely? the so called first teamers have to wait for their chance. This thread goes about injuries followed in the same breath about resting players for the Bolton game,,,,,how bad can it be. There are only two players who would be in immediate contention to start if results slip. Why we talk about 9 or 10 first team players out is baffling. :banghead:

zohore would start. with him injured its ward (injured) then bogle (i assume not fit enough to start last match) then fred (injured) healey (injured)

so thats pretty significant, we had to bring in someone who was told he wasnt needed/wanted and hasnt played a game all season AND we played him out of position.

long term injury to harris meant we have to get cover that realistically hasnt been good enough just to fill a space.

we have had a lot of injuries in the full back areas all season.

some have worked out perfectly fine. Thinking damour in the middle and etheridge in goal.

some, like Morrison arent a big deal as we have great cover
paulh_85

Postby Sloper Road » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:59 pm

Bogle ran around like a rabbit don't think he was not fit enough to start, Healey was on the bench not injured..not match speed fit though,
Iam talking about the last 6 games not just the last one. If they are all fit for the Fulham game then based on form since they all last played then Zahore would not start, the talk at that time was he needed to be dropped..., however we all hope he will come back and be the player he can be.
Any player dropped out of a winning team can feel miffed and the manager should be aware of that and use his words a bit more carefully IMO...
Sloper Road

Postby JimmyJazz » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:22 am

Sloper Road wrote:Bogle ran around like a rabbit don't think he was not fit enough to start, Healey was on the bench not injured..not match speed fit though,
Iam talking about the last 6 games not just the last one. If they are all fit for the Fulham game then based on form since they all last played then Zahore would not start, the talk at that time was he needed to be dropped..., however we all hope he will come back and be the player he can be.
Any player dropped out of a winning team can feel miffed and the manager should be aware of that and use his words a bit more carefully IMO...

Is Roathie back??
My father missed the cup final in 1927 as my grandad only had 2 tickets, and my Dad had an older brother!
JimmyJazz

Postby Sneggyblubird » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:45 pm

JimmyJazz wrote:
Sloper Road wrote:Bogle ran around like a rabbit don't think he was not fit enough to start, Healey was on the bench not injured..not match speed fit though,

Is Roathie back??

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You won't see that weirdo back while the Jerks are on self destruct and we are riding high. :occasion5:
Sneggyblubird

Postby JimmyJazz » Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:02 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:
JimmyJazz wrote:

Is Roathie back??

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You won't see that weirdo back while the Jerks are on self destruct and we are riding high. :occasion5:

:occasion5: :lol:
My father missed the cup final in 1927 as my grandad only had 2 tickets, and my Dad had an older brother!
JimmyJazz

Postby moonboots » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:10 pm

Sloper Road wrote:Yet another load of comments about injuries, even Warnock has just stated he cant wait to see how good we are when we get are first team players back! im sorry this has to stop. The players that have played for the last 6 games are our best players, no one who is out injured over that time would have improved the results ,,,as a manager that's what you have to be saying surely? the so called first teamers have to wait for their chance. This thread goes about injuries followed in the same breath about resting players for the Bolton game,,,,,how bad can it be. There are only two players who would be in immediate contention to start if results slip. Why we talk about 9 or 10 first team players out is baffling. :banghead:

I just don't see how that statement can be right. :bluescarf:
moonboots

Postby Lukeshepherd93 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:44 pm

The opposition has been a lower standard in the last 6, we need the players back for the xmas period and for when we play the better sides. We're just lucky Bamba, Manga and Hoilett have stayed fit.
Lukeshepherd93

Postby Sloper Road » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:40 pm

because we won 5 games and drew one , unless we won six in a row then none of the injured players would have improved results.
Sloper Road

Postby dogfound » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:11 pm

Once a blue always a blue44 wrote:Although on paper we should win this game...we are hit by many first team injuries and even without that I think this game is another to be very wary of. Possible banana skin game? If we can come through these Xmas games barely unscaved and bearing in mind come January we will start to get some players back, I do believe we will atleast gain a play off place if not automatic but it is way too early to say. There are some strong teams around us. I mentioned the other day about the fact that if we had beaten Bristol we would be X points ahead. Some people stated that post was ridiculous but look at Bristol at the moment they are are nearest auto promo rivals and I go back to the IF....if we had beaten them we would now be 9 points ahead of 3rd place with Derby the next team behind us! But moving on....no time now for ifs and buts as we have been incredible so far this season and beyond anyone's expectations really I think it's fair to say!

IF we had beaten really dont work though...IF we had beaten Liverpool and Pompey we would have won 2 cups..

but..even IF we had we would be 6 points clear not 9points clear of 3rd.
dogfound

Postby dogfound » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:12 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:
JimmyJazz wrote:

Is Roathie back??

seriously?
new persona same Roath
dogfound

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:11 am

Away Days - Travel Guide: Bolton Wanderers vs. Cardiff City

The Bluebirds head to Bolton for our final away day of 2017, and our last match before Christmas Day.

Away tickets are still available for this match!

Away capacity 3,000, can be increased to 5,100.

Travel Tips

Bolton Wanderers are located in the town of Bolton, Greater Manchester. By car, the journey from CCS takes approximately four hours. Car Park A is dedicated to away supporters, with spaces allocated on a first come, first served basis. The car park is accessible via the A6027, De Havilland Way, and costs £7 per car, £12 per mini-coach and £20 for a coach. Entry passes can be purchased on matchday.

From Cardiff Central, those travelling by train should head for Bolton, which can be reached via Manchester Piccadilly. Horwich Parkway Train Station is the closest station to the stadium, approximately 200 metres away. Regular matchday services run from Bolton station, with a journey time of approximately seven minutes.

Away End

The Macron Stadium was built in 1997, and replaced Bolton’s former home, Burnden Park. Formerly known as the Reebok Stadium, the ground has a capacity of 28,723, which makes it the thirteenth largest stadium in the Championship.

Travelling Bluebirds will be situated in the South Stand, which has a capacity of around 3,000. City fans will be able to purchase a copy of the official matchday programme, ‘The Wanderer’ for £3.

Pies and Pints

Traditional matchday options are available inside the Macron concourse, including Holland’s ‘Big Eats’ Pies for £2.90, burgers and hot dogs for £3.50. Alcohol is also available inside the stadium, including Worthington’s Bitter, Carling, Magners and Guinness.

Popular pubs amongst away fans with family-friendly atmospheres include the Barnstormers pub on Lostock Lane.

Food for Thought

The stadium is next to the Middlebrook Retail Park, which offers a number of fast food outlets including KFC, Subway and a Bolton Wanderers themed McDonalds. Other restaurants such as Ask Italian, Chiquito and Nando’s. In the town centre, popular food options include Rice ‘n’ Three, which offers vegetarian friendly Indian cuisine, or the award winning family-run Olympus Fish and Chip Restaurant.

Tourist Time

For those travelling to Bolton with children, there are plenty of Christmas themed events before or after the match. These include Breakfast with Santa at Wyevale Garden Centre, and Christmas Carol at the Octagon.

Alternatively, check out the National Football Museum in nearby Manchester, which is a twenty-minute train journey away. The Museum is a must-see for any football fan, with a range of permanent and visiting attractions.
Attachments
Large.jpeg
Large.jpeg (328.31 KiB) Viewed 4155 times

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:27 am

22/12/17

" Injury Update "

NEIL WARNOCK:

"We’ve had one or two lads doing some training this week. Kadeem Harris and Rhys (Healey) have done a little bit more.
We had another game this week which involved one or two."

"I’ve seen (Aron) Gunnarsson out on the track and (Craig) Bryson’s been doing some training with Ken. So they’re stepping up aswell so hopefully, with four games in such a short space of time we can involve some of these in the next two or three games."

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Always Blue » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:32 am

Forever Blue wrote:Away Days - Travel Guide: Bolton Wanderers vs. Cardiff City

The Bluebirds head to Bolton for our final away day of 2017, and our last match before Christmas Day.

Away capacity 3,000, can be increased to 5,100.

Travel Tips

Bolton Wanderers are located in the town of Bolton, Greater Manchester. By car, the journey from CCS takes approximately four hours. Car Park A is dedicated to away supporters, with spaces allocated on a first come, first served basis. The car park is accessible via the A6027, De Havilland Way, and costs £7 per car, £12 per mini-coach and £20 for a coach. Entry passes can be purchased on matchday.

From Cardiff Central, those travelling by train should head for Bolton, which can be reached via Manchester Piccadilly. Horwich Parkway Train Station is the closest station to the stadium, approximately 200 metres away. Regular matchday services run from Bolton station, with a journey time of approximately seven minutes.

Away End

The Macron Stadium was built in 1997, and replaced Bolton’s former home, Burnden Park. Formerly known as the Reebok Stadium, the ground has a capacity of 28,723, which makes it the thirteenth largest stadium in the Championship.

Travelling Bluebirds will be situated in the South Stand, which has a capacity of around 3,000. City fans will be able to purchase a copy of the official matchday programme, ‘The Wanderer’ for £3.

Pies and Pints

Traditional matchday options are available inside the Macron concourse, including Holland’s ‘Big Eats’ Pies for £2.90, burgers and hot dogs for £3.50. Alcohol is also available inside the stadium, including Worthington’s Bitter, Carling, Magners and Guinness.

Popular pubs amongst away fans with family-friendly atmospheres include the Barnstormers pub on Lostock Lane.

Food for Thought

The stadium is next to the Middlebrook Retail Park, which offers a number of fast food outlets including KFC, Subway and a Bolton Wanderers themed McDonalds. Other restaurants such as Ask Italian, Chiquito and Nando’s. In the town centre, popular food options include Rice ‘n’ Three, which offers vegetarian friendly Indian cuisine, or the award winning family-run Olympus Fish and Chip Restaurant.

Tourist Time

For those travelling to Bolton with children, there are plenty of Christmas themed events before or after the match. These include Breakfast with Santa at Wyevale Garden Centre, and Christmas Carol at the Octagon.

Alternatively, check out the National Football Museum in nearby Manchester, which is a twenty-minute train journey away. The Museum is a must-see for any football fan, with a range of permanent and visiting attractions.

How many tickets have we sold annis? :ayatollah:
ONCE A BLUE ALWAYS A BLUE
Always Blue

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:04 am

Warnock, who has never won at Bolton in his managerial career, already has a number of injury concerns ahead of this fixture

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:06 am

Approx 700 tickets have been sold so far :bluebird:

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:16 am

Match betting

Here are the latest betting odds for tomorrow’ match at the Macron Stadium, courtesy of Sky Bet.

Bolton win 11/4

Draw 23/10

Cardiff City win 21/20

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:53 am

22/12/17

" GUNNARSSON OPERATION / DANNY WARD OUT FOR THREE MONTHS ''

NEIL WARNOCK:

"As we speak Gunnarson having an operation in London and he’ll be out for four to six weeks. Danny Ward we’ve found out after his operation will be out for three months."

"So a couple of blows there."

"Kadeem Harris has been training well with the Under-23s. Bryson and Zohore have both done more this week and they’re on a plan with the fitness guys."

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:05 am

An update on Cardiff's defensive injuries

Neil Warnock:

"We don’t know if he’ll (Peltier) play tomorrow. Jazz Richards trained yesterday and he seemed really bright. It wouldn’t bother me to play Paterson or Connolly. I love Connolly me, he never moans and it’s great to have a player like him. He’s my Mr Reliable really.”

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:07 am

Neil Warnock on the challenge of facing Bolton

NEIL WARNOCK:

"All of my players know that this will be as hard as Wolves. They won’t want to lose two home games on the trot. We know what it’s going to be like and they’ve got a good manager in Phil (Parkinson). We’ve got to stand up and be counted."

"The game’s we’ve been beaten we’ve started slowly and been bullied really.”
Attachments
Phil-Parkinson.jpg
Phil-Parkinson.jpg (23 KiB) Viewed 4006 times

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:09 am

Approx 960 tickets have been sold so far :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Forever Blue
Admin

Next

Return to General Chat