Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

The Excuses that Cardiff Fans Say for why are Attendances

Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:45 pm

" The Excuses that Cardiff Fans Say for why are Attendances are Poor Home & Away "

Not mine/all been posted on here by others, plus plenty plenty more.

Ok Gents, you twist it what ever way you want.

We can say 10 miles/30 miles there is no other Football club to compete with and yet 1.2mill people surround the Cardiff area (including Cardiff ) and at the moment we can't even get an average of over 20,000, never mind 25,000 which 10 other Championship clubs all beneath us get.

City have virtually begged fans with their cheap prices.

Fans excuses are the following that have been put on here,plus many more, but most of these issues have been addressed by our club on and off the pitch and some excuses are just pathetic.

Roads will be to busy to travel in.
Its a school night.
Its raining.
Its cold.
Its to hot,everyones on holiday.
Its a Friday night everyones in their work clothes.
No transport.
Its 12pm
Its 1.30pm
Its 5.30pm
Shopping.
Once we are on a winning run they will return.
To expensive.
Once its October the fans will start to believe.
Its before Xmas.
Its January everyones skint.
Cant pay on line.
Its Easter and families are busy.
Everyones planning for Wales games etc
Now its 3pm theres park football.
Don't like the manager.
Awful football.
live on Sky.
Its a Sunday.
Why have they stopped the £2.50p tickets.
They need to do more Free nights for fans.
Had no success.

NEIL WARNOCK/OUR CLUB /VINCE ALM HAVE ALL VIRTUALLY BEGGED FOR CROWDS TO IMPROVE /WEEK AFTER WEEK :bluebird:

ON & OFF THE PITCH ARE CLUB HAS DONE EVERYTHING :thumbright: MADE PRICES UNBELIEVABLE CHEAP /PUT TRANSPORT ON :bluebird: :bluebird:

CITY EVEN PUT CHEAP TRANSPORT ON AND ARE SELLING UNDER 16 SEASON TICKETS 12 GAMES FOR £29 :shock:

BUT ONCE IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE / THESE EXCUSES DONT HAPPEN :lol: :lol:

' CHAMPIONSHIP TABLE / CARDIFF HAVE BEEN IN TOP THREE FOR FIVE MONTHS & EVEN TOP ON A FEW OCCASIONS '
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: The Excuses that Cardiff Fans Say for why are Attendance

Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:47 pm

:bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:48 pm

Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:57 pm

Missed a few excuses out there annis mate.......im washing my hair,my dogs getting his nails clipped are 2 ive heard lol

Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:59 pm

stephendavid wrote:Missed a few excuses out there annis mate.......im washing my hair,my dogs getting his nails clipped are 2 ive heard lol

:lol: :lol:

Stephen, theres many more as daft as that and its beyond a joke.

The only real valid one I honestly believe is those that won't return whilst Vincent Tan is there and he really did break their hearts.

Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:04 pm

Annis you've left out leaves on the railway track :laughing6: missing today as I'm at home dosed up suffering from flu :thumbup:

Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:05 pm

It used to be I won’t return until jimmy Andrews was gone.
They never did even when he was sacked, they did when we had promotion in 82 though.
Funny that :-)

Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:05 pm

Igovernor wrote:Annis you've left out leaves on the railway track :laughing6: missing today as I'm at home dosed up suffering from flu :thumbup:

I rem that one :lol:

Hope you get better soon and see you in the Sand Martin in January :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:06 pm

fred keenor wrote:It used to be I won’t return until jimmy Andrews was gone.
They never did even when he was sacked, they did when we had promotion in 82 though.
Funny that :-)

I rem that one, the biggest one for years was John Toshack.

Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:09 pm

Who cares why people don't turn up? People shouldn't need an excuse not to attend games. If they've got a reason they believe stops them from going they shouldn't be slagged off for it. As soon as the crowds start increasing there's gonna be all the complaints of plastics and glory supporters :roll:

This topic has been done to death and the multiple posts aren't going to help the crowds. I'd guess that most of the people who read these threads go to the games and aren't the Fairweather fans that will pick and choose games in a season.

We're having (in my opinion) one of the most enjoyable seasons for a long time and people are still moaning
Focus on the fact we're in the promotion spot, or that we're unbeaten at home, or we're playing good football and we've got on of the best championship managers at the helm
3pts tonight please

Blooooobirds :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:10 pm

I think the toshack one lasted 37 years :-)
The f a cup final put paid to that :-)

Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:16 pm

NorthCardiffBlue wrote:Who cares why people don't turn up? People shouldn't need an excuse not to attend games. If they've got a reason they believe stops them from going they shouldn't be slagged off for it. As soon as the crowds start increasing there's gonna be all the complaints of plastics and glory supporters :roll:

This topic has been done to death and the multiple posts aren't going to help the crowds. I'd guess that most of the people who read these threads go to the games and aren't the Fairweather fans that will pick and choose games in a season.

We're having (in my opinion) one of the most enjoyable seasons for a long time and people are still moaning
Focus on the fact we're in the promotion spot, or that we're unbeaten at home, or we're playing good football and we've got on of the best championship managers at the helm
3pts tonight please

Blooooobirds :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Well Cardiff City,Neil Warnock, Vince Alm, Myself care and many others do :thumbright: :bluebird:

Plus yes they will be slagged of if they only attend once in the Premier League and Rightly so :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright:

Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:16 pm

fred keenor wrote:I think the toshack one lasted 37 years :-)
The f a cup final put paid to that :-)

Your right it did last that many years :lol:

Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:17 pm

Annis is know how passionate you are about the club and fan base and yes you are stating facts... But I honestly believe it would be better for all of us to focuss on the positives and those who do go down are loving life. Complaining about empty seats isn't going to inspire anyone to get up and go. So f**k em!

Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:17 pm

I don't understand why people need to make excuses or justify why they ain't attending that's their business..?
When people do give reasons for not attending do they get sent to a panel of superfans so they can check if the said excuses are valid or not?
As i have said before if people attend well done if people don't attend for whatever reason it has nothing to do with me or anyone else..
What next? Superfans going around checking seat numbers to see how many games season ticket holders are missing :lol:

Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:19 pm

nubbsy wrote:Annis is know how passionate you are about the club and fan base and yes you are stating facts... But I honestly believe it would be better for all of us to focuss on the positives and those who do go down are loving life. Complaining about empty seats isn't going to inspire anyone to get up and go. So f**k em!

Jack, it breaks me to see all the other clubs fans laugh at our support and hurts to see what a great manager we have with so much passion and energy and when Warnock keeps saying how disappointed he is that really hurts.

Hopefully the fans turn up on Boxing day(24,000 sold so far :thumbright: ) and then keep going till May 2018 :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:21 pm

Excuse I live in Majorca :lol:

Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:22 pm

Jasonccfc wrote:I don't understand why people need to make excuses or justify why they ain't attending that's their business..?
When people do give reasons for not attending do they get sent to a panel of superfans so they can check if the said excuses are valid or not?
As i have said before if people attend well done if people don't attend for whatever reason it has nothing to do with me or anyone else..
What next? Superfans going around checking seat numbers to see how many games season ticket holders are missing :lol:

Jason, I'm just putting out the excuses what others have written on here why are crowds are so low.

I know fans are interested in our crowds other wise there would not be such a response every week.

This week Media Wales ran a full page on it.

Our Club deserves better support :thumbright:

I have nothing but praise for the fans that go and not everyone can go every week thats a fact and NO one asks them to :thumbright: :thumbright:

Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:23 pm

I don’t even think you can put it down to Tan anymore - all those that said I rather be blue in division two - can you imagine if we were. We are now second in championship and gates around 20000.

I agree you speak so passionately Annis but times have moved on. Back in the 90s there was over 20 used to go now it’s down to four including me and the boy who uses my season ticket for his mate as I in Spain.

None of those is due to rebrand just circumstances in life - they will return for the odd game and maybe a few more in the premier league.

Back for first game - town is quiet so shopping can’t be an excsuee :o :lol:

Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:24 pm

wez1927 wrote:Excuse I live in Majorca :lol:

I put a bet on with Carl, that you would say that :lol:

I've got a season ticket though so I will be counted :lol:

I've done my service 44 years out of 45years as a season ticket holder, now for you to take over, Oops you missed 5 years under Tan :lol:

Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:25 pm

What right have we of having bigger crowds week in week out when never really had them previously in past 20yrs or so except golden tickets & new stadium or big games? Who's making excuse's for not going,? from what I see its fans on here highlighting the reasons for it or are thousands of fans telling people on here their excuses to pass it on! As for premiership yes get sellout crowds but that's because lot more people are interested in premiership than ccfc. Yes we should have bigger crowds but we don't that's life of a football club up and down. :old:

Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:40 pm

Reply from FB

Frankie Dee:

The stadium will be full when they go to the Premiership whatever they get now is possibly their true support bring back Division 4 four thousand home 1500 away it died for me when the old lady was bulldozed

Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:44 pm

My penny’s worth. At aged 57 I had been a season ticket holder most years since 1978 but had to give it up 2 yrs ago as I was made redundant from one of my two part time jobs and couldn’t afford it. Thanks to family members and the upcoming holiday season I’ll be onto the ticket office on Monday for a 1/2 season ticket. So excited again. As for next year, again I’ll have to see what happens but I’m happy for the time being. :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:46 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
stephendavid wrote:Missed a few excuses out there annis mate.......im washing my hair,my dogs getting his nails clipped are 2 ive heard lol

The only real valid one I honestly believe is those that won't return whilst Vincent Tan is there and he really did break their hearts.

All 50 of them. Why another post on this saying the same thing?

You are bonkers mate.

Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:51 pm

As posted in one of the other posts on this subject I think the following excuses are valid as to why our crowds are lower than the last promotion year. Blaming Tan is worse than any of the other excuses and is bollocks. We had our biggest average Championship crowds while under Tan in Red. Funnily enough we were top then.

1) our season ticket sales are lower this season due to no way of artificially raising them. (No cup finals or play off finals for a while) this impacts as people are out of the habit of buying them and spend money on other things.
2) we have only actually had a couple of months of success. Many are expecting and waiting for the bubble to burst. Hopefully it won’t happen.
3) big signings pre season start momentum. We haven’t had a preseason of big signings since Ole’s preseason of buying everything that moved.
4) habit. People are just out of habit of going. Money is tight and people can’t justify it. Think about it if people did stop going they maybe will now have to convince a partner that instead of going to town/cinema etc on a Saturday they now want to go watch football again. Not easy at all.
5) more people working Saturdays
6) success of Wales. We can talk about the highs of FA Cup finals and the like but what about the success Wales have had. Not only have we had larger numbers watching Wales Home but also significantly more watching them away. This includes the Euros which cost a helluva lot of money for a lot of people. Also, Cardiff Home to Ipswich is simply not as exciting as Belgium in the quarter finals.
7) When cardiff were flying high it was unchartered territory for so many of our fans. We got used to it after five years up the top of the Championship then finally a promotion to the promised land. Now we are back in the Championship it is simply not exciting. Why do you think we normally take a decent crowd to a team we haven’t played for a while?

Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:53 pm

maccydee wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

You are bonkers mate.

That was what the club said at the time they had already sold the STs. How many renewed the following season then?

You must be bonkers ot believe it was only 50 that were pissed off.

Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:04 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

You are bonkers mate.

That was what the club said at the time they had already sold the STs. How many renewed the following season then?

I’m not saying only 50 were pissed Off. Not even close to saying that. As usual you are twisting things to suit your argument.

I said only 50 people who has season tickets (die hards) didn’t go the season following our change to red. That is backed up by facts namely season ticket sales that had been bought already and only 50 refunds were given. There may have been more who stopped going but I would suggest that most die hards at that time had a season ticket benefitting from Ridsdale’s season ticket freeze on prices. The year after that was the Premiership season. Record season ticket sales.

Although more were pissed off only 50 got refunds. You and Annis say it’s 4000 or some bollocks. I’ve no doubt 3950 more people stopped going once they had seen us promoted and seen us have a season in the Premiership and used Tan and the rebrand as an excuse. However those fans are liars and used Tan as an excuse because that is more convenient than saying they were bored of it.

That is of course apart from the guy who said that he stopped going due to Brayford being sold.

Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:10 pm

maccydee wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

You are bonkers mate.

I’m not saying only 50 were pissed Off. Not even close to saying that. As usual you are twisting things to suit your argument.

I said only 50 people who has season tickets (die hards) didn’t go the season following our change to red. That is backed up by facts namely season ticket sales that had been bought already and only 50 refunds were given. There may have been more who stopped going but I would suggest that most die hards at that time had a season ticket benefitting from Ridsdale’s season ticket freeze on prices. The year after that was the Premiership season. Record season ticket sales.

Although more were pissed off only 50 got refunds. You and Annis say it’s 4000 or some bollocks. I’ve no doubt 3950 more people stopped going once they had seen us promoted and seen us have a season in the Premiership and used Tan and the rebrand as an excuse. However those fans are liars and used Tan as an excuse because that is more convenient than saying they were bored of it.

That is of course apart from the guy who said that he stopped going due to Brayford being sold.

Most guys I know who don't go anymore had been following city for many years before. They sat out the premier season as most of them felt they deserved it. However you could see while the re-brand remained and Tan carried out his vendettas their tolerance levels would be breached and they would go.

To say these sort of fans are liars is a disgraceful thing to say. Anyway lets see what our support is like when we win promotion. I'm going ot say it will be 4,000 less than when we went up last time.