A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: The Excuses that Cardiff Fans Say for why are Attendance

Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:16 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
stephendavid wrote:Missed a few excuses out there annis mate.......im washing my hair,my dogs getting his nails clipped are 2 ive heard lol

:lol: :lol:

Stephen, theres many more as daft as that and its beyond a joke.

The only real valid one I honestly believe is those that won't return whilst Vincent Tan is there and he really did break their hearts.

All 50 of them. Why another post on this saying the same thing?

You are bonkers mate.

That was what the club said at the time they had already sold the STs. How many renewed the following season then?

You must be bonkers ot believe it was only 50 that were pissed off.

I’m not saying only 50 were pissed Off. Not even close to saying that. As usual you are twisting things to suit your argument.

I said only 50 people who has season tickets (die hards) didn’t go the season following our change to red. That is backed up by facts namely season ticket sales that had been bought already and only 50 refunds were given. There may have been more who stopped going but I would suggest that most die hards at that time had a season ticket benefitting from Ridsdale’s season ticket freeze on prices. The year after that was the Premiership season. Record season ticket sales.

Although more were pissed off only 50 got refunds. You and Annis say it’s 4000 or some bollocks. I’ve no doubt 3950 more people stopped going once they had seen us promoted and seen us have a season in the Premiership and used Tan and the rebrand as an excuse. However those fans are liars and used Tan as an excuse because that is more convenient than saying they were bored of it.

That is of course apart from the guy who said that he stopped going due to Brayford being sold.

Most guys I know who don't go anymore had been following city for many years before. They sat out the premier season as most of them felt they deserved it. However you could see while the re-brand remained and Tan carried out his vendettas their tolerance levels would be breached and they would go.

To say these sort of fans are liars is a disgraceful thing to say. Anyway lets see what our support is like when we win promotion. I'm going ot say it will be 4,000 less than when we went up last time.

If we win promotion we will not have 4000 less than last time. Do you mean Premiership or Championship?

So they were so furious with the rebrand they went the season after, then went for the Premiership season?

Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:30 pm

Undoubtedly some fans stopped going because of tan/rebrand but to imply it's thousands is reduculas unless of course people know that many who stopped going? Premier games will not sell out unless big team comes to town as novelty factor of 1st season won't be there and probably the away following will be same thing although £20 max will help things. :old:

Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:39 pm

Cardiff win!!! Remaining 2nd!!!! Catching wolves!!!! Keeping Bristol at a distance!!!! Winning with an injury ravaged team!!!!

Log on here to see again the moaning and negativity surrounding our crowd numbers.....honestly it's unbelievable.

Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:46 pm

WelshPatriot wrote:Cardiff win!!! Remaining 2nd!!!! Catching wolves!!!! Keeping Bristol at a distance!!!! Winning with an injury ravaged team!!!!

Log on here to see again the moaning and negativity surrounding our crowd numbers.....honestly it's unbelievable.

Yep we will see a lot of stickies about it I’m sure.

Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:48 pm

Stop moaning eh lads we just F****** won lol

Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:52 pm

The thousands who left, and have yet to all come back, left at a time when the stadium was bloody venomous in the stands. Fans arguing with fans, protest chants, shite football on the pitch, etc. If those fans (who we must largely accept were casuals with enough money and interest to invest in tickets at the time) were put off by those things, what's to make them think it is any better now? They don't know that the fans are genuinely behind the club now. They might not know that you don't have to feel uneasy sitting around other fans anymore.

The same people throwing around the term "plastics" to describe these fans only 3-4 years ago, are now the ones complaining loudest that they haven't come running back the moment we've got a decent team again. Honestly can't make this shite up.

Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:55 pm

KWest wrote:The thousands who left, and have yet to all come back, left at a time when the stadium was bloody venomous in the stands. Fans arguing with fans, protest chants, shite football on the pitch, etc. If those fans (who we must largely accept were casuals with enough money and interest to invest in tickets at the time) were put off by those things, what's to make them think it is any better now? They don't know that the fans are genuinely behind the club now. They might not know that you don't have to feel uneasy sitting around other fans anymore.

The same people throwing around the term "plastics" to describe these fans only 3-4 years ago, are now the ones complaining loudest that they haven't come running back the moment we've got a decent team again. Honestly can't make this shite up.

Spot on.

Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:04 pm

KWest wrote:The thousands who left, and have yet to all come back, left at a time when the stadium was bloody venomous in the stands. Fans arguing with fans, protest chants, shite football on the pitch, etc. If those fans (who we must largely accept were casuals with enough money and interest to invest in tickets at the time) were put off by those things, what's to make them think it is any better now? They don't know that the fans are genuinely behind the club now. They might not know that you don't have to feel uneasy sitting around other fans anymore.

Totally agree your a moaner if you don’t turn your a plastic if you do. What have we got to be unhappy about as a club right now it should all be positive

Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:14 pm

BaltimoreBlues wrote:

Totally agree your a moaner if you don’t turn your a plastic if you do. What have we got to be unhappy about as a club right now it should all be positive

Crowds, Tan, rebrand apparently.

Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:22 pm

You forgot the main reason people aren't going - they just don't want to.
I'd love to know where these 1.2 million people live within 10 miles of Cardiff aswell?

Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:29 pm

Gaynor Straight wrote:You forgot the main reason people aren't going - they just don't want to.
I'd love to know where these 1.2 million people live within 10 miles of Cardiff aswell?

There’s a lot of apartments down the Bay. Grangetown also has a lot of unregistered people I reckon.

Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:29 pm

What was the attendance tonite I didn’t hear announcement(17k ish I’m guessing).Good atmosphere tho I thought.

Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:52 pm

theclaw wrote:What was the attendance tonite I didn’t hear announcement(17k ish I’m guessing).Good atmosphere tho I thought.

18 080 I think

Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:53 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:Excuse I live in Majorca :lol:

I put a bet on with Carl, that you would say that :lol:

I've got a season ticket though so I will be counted :lol:

I've done my service 44 years out of 45years as a season ticket holder, now for you to take over, Oops you missed 5 years under Tan :lol:

4 years get it right :lol:

Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:55 pm

wez1927 wrote:
theclaw wrote:What was the attendance tonite I didn’t hear announcement(17k ish I’m guessing).Good atmosphere tho I thought.

18 080 I think

Great crowd 4500 more than season ticket holders we have.

Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:57 pm

maccydee wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

18 080 I think

Great crowd 4500 more than season ticket holders we have.

It looked like a lot if people upgraded to the top tier that was the fullest I've seen in years

Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:52 am

I remember in 1981 we drew Clangers United away in the Inter-Galactic Space Cup on a Tuesday night. I was only 13 but managed to rig up my uncle's Ford XR 3 with a Sinclair Spectrum to allow for space travel as he said it was fast.

I was the only one there that night and we eventually lost on penalties. The Clangers fans were giving it large and had keyed the XR 3 upon landing, so I decided to storm the Buzz Aldrin End to get Major Clanger and The Soup Dragon. I had a good go and cut both the Major and Soupie but was eventually done by the superior numbers of Tiny Clangers so headed off back to the XR 3 and blasted off double quick.

I landed back in Canton 4 months later, patched up the XR 3 and have never spoken about it since.

So if I can go to the moon on a Tuesday night with no atmosphere and take the Clangers single-handed, there can be no excuses not to support your club.

And don't get me started about the Atlantis Rovers 'friendly'.

Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:24 am

I`ve had to miss games over the last 2 years because my sons youth rugby games kick off on saturdays at 2.30pm, today i was lucky. Bargoed played in cardiff against Fairwater winning 38-7 :occasion5: quick shower by him and it was off to Asdas for some grub and then the Hull City game .... great thing this season is that we`ve managed to fit 7 home games in already due to mid week games, rugby games cancelled and time changes. Last season we managed just 6 all season.

Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:41 am

Can't go to a game for any reason? I don't care it's none of my business aslong as i'm there i don't give a shit :thumbright:

Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:54 am

NorthCardiffBlue wrote:Who cares why people don't turn up? People shouldn't need an excuse not to attend games. If they've got a reason they believe stops them from going they shouldn't be slagged off for it. As soon as the crowds start increasing there's gonna be all the complaints of plastics and glory supporters :roll:

This topic has been done to death and the multiple posts aren't going to help the crowds. I'd guess that most of the people who read these threads go to the games and aren't the Fairweather fans that will pick and choose games in a season.

We're having (in my opinion) one of the most enjoyable seasons for a long time and people are still moaning
Focus on the fact we're in the promotion spot, or that we're unbeaten at home, or we're playing good football and we've got on of the best championship managers at the helm
3pts tonight please

Blooooobirds :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

:thumbup: Way finally someone talking sense, its laughable that the same people who complain about our low fan base and fans not showing up are the first to complain about fans turning up when we we do go up. Honestly who cares, the atmosphere is great, i couldn't care if its 10,000 or 25,000, what i care about is the fans who do turn up and i want them like me to make some noise and get behind the team. If other fans don't want to show up who cares? that's their loss at the end of the day, all of us who are going are having a great time this season and their missing out.

Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:14 am

Bluebird Warrior wrote:
NorthCardiffBlue wrote:Who cares why people don't turn up? People shouldn't need an excuse not to attend games. If they've got a reason they believe stops them from going they shouldn't be slagged off for it. As soon as the crowds start increasing there's gonna be all the complaints of plastics and glory supporters :roll:

This topic has been done to death and the multiple posts aren't going to help the crowds. I'd guess that most of the people who read these threads go to the games and aren't the Fairweather fans that will pick and choose games in a season.

We're having (in my opinion) one of the most enjoyable seasons for a long time and people are still moaning
Focus on the fact we're in the promotion spot, or that we're unbeaten at home, or we're playing good football and we've got on of the best championship managers at the helm
3pts tonight please

:thumbup: Way finally someone talking sense, its laughable that the same people who complain about our low fan base and fans not showing up are the first to complain about fans turning up when we we do go up. Honestly who cares, the atmosphere is great, i couldn't care if its 10,000 or 25,000, what i care about is the fans who do turn up and i want them like me to make some noise and get behind the team. If other fans don't want to show up who cares? that's their loss at the end of the day, all of us who are going are having a great time this season and their missing out.

i care...and tbh i think most do including yourself and northcardiffblue.? the more fans the better and more money the club gets through the fans the better it is all round..
having said that i agree with lots of what you both say...the crowds are what they are for whatever reason.the only things that you can be sure of though are that if someone posts what they consider a reason crowds are deemed low ..it wont be good enough and called an excuse....and calling lapsed or less frequent good fans glory hunters and demanding that no excuse is good enough wont work.
strangely enough some people say the rebrand has cost us thousands of DIEHARD FANS..the same people say that these GLORY HUNTERS will flock back for prem football.

Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:05 am

Maybe potential returners have a read of the message boards first before making a decision whether to come back again and don't think they're being made to feel welcome?

Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:43 am

GrangeEndStar wrote:I remember in 1981 we drew Clangers United away in the Inter-Galactic Space Cup on a Tuesday night. I was only 13 but managed to rig up my uncle's Ford XR 3 with a Sinclair Spectrum to allow for space travel as he said it was fast.

I was the only one there that night and we eventually lost on penalties. The Clangers fans were giving it large and had keyed the XR 3 upon landing, so I decided to storm the Buzz Aldrin End to get Major Clanger and The Soup Dragon. I had a good go and cut both the Major and Soupie but was eventually done by the superior numbers of Tiny Clangers so headed off back to the XR 3 and blasted off double quick.

I landed back in Canton 4 months later, patched up the XR 3 and have never spoken about it since.

So if I can go to the moon on a Tuesday night with no atmosphere and take the Clangers single-handed, there can be no excuses not to support your club.

And don't get me started about the Atlantis Rovers 'friendly'.

You're on another planet :laughing5: :laughing5: :notworthy: :notworthy: :thumbup:

Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:45 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
stephendavid wrote:Missed a few excuses out there annis mate.......im washing my hair,my dogs getting his nails clipped are 2 ive heard lol

The only real valid one I honestly believe is those that won't return whilst Vincent Tan is there and he really did break their hearts.

You are bonkers mate.

That was what the club said at the time they had already sold the STs. How many renewed the following season then?

I’m not saying only 50 were pissed Off. Not even close to saying that. As usual you are twisting things to suit your argument.

I said only 50 people who has season tickets (die hards) didn’t go the season following our change to red. That is backed up by facts namely season ticket sales that had been bought already and only 50 refunds were given. There may have been more who stopped going but I would suggest that most die hards at that time had a season ticket benefitting from Ridsdale’s season ticket freeze on prices. The year after that was the Premiership season. Record season ticket sales.

Although more were pissed off only 50 got refunds. You and Annis say it’s 4000 or some bollocks. I’ve no doubt 3950 more people stopped going once they had seen us promoted and seen us have a season in the Premiership and used Tan and the rebrand as an excuse. However those fans are liars and used Tan as an excuse because that is more convenient than saying they were bored of it.

That is of course apart from the guy who said that he stopped going due to Brayford being sold.

Most guys I know who don't go anymore had been following city for many years before. They sat out the premier season as most of them felt they deserved it. However you could see while the re-brand remained and Tan carried out his vendettas their tolerance levels would be breached and they would go.

To say these sort of fans are liars is a disgraceful thing to say. Anyway lets see what our support is like when we win promotion. I'm going ot say it will be 4,000 less than when we went up last time.

For gods sake cant you all forget the rebrand excuse we are back in Blue and second in the championship with a good team, good manager and a board who are backing them. Anyone who mentions the rebrand should be banned from the ground. To "Most of the guys you know" Do One all rebrand moaners and follow Swansea, we don't need your negativity.
If you don't attend games don't comment on the club. Don't start turning up when we are in the Premiership we don't need people like you. I say people and not fans because you are NOT fans. :banghead: :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:03 am

Bluesman wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

You are bonkers mate.

For gods sake cant you all forget the rebrand excuse we are back in Blue and second in the championship with a good team, good manager and a board who are backing them. Anyone who mentions the rebrand should be banned from the ground. To "Most of the guys you know" Do One all rebrand moaners and follow Swansea, we don't need your negativity.
If you don't attend games don't comment on the club. Don't start turning up when we are in the Premiership we don't need people like you. I say people and not fans because you are NOT fans. :banghead: :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluebird:

The truth hurts doesn't it.

Telling someone to go and support Swansea for sticking up with our traditions is a disgraceful thing to say and not a thing associated with a Cardiff fan. Shame on you.

Besides if you don't like it then don't read about it. No one is forcing you.

Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:08 am

dogfound wrote:
Bluebird Warrior wrote:

3pts tonight please

i care...and tbh i think most do including yourself and northcardiffblue.? the more fans the better and more money the club gets through the fans the better it is all round..
having said that i agree with lots of what you both say...the crowds are what they are for whatever reason.the only things that you can be sure of though are that if someone posts what they consider a reason crowds are deemed low ..it wont be good enough and called an excuse....and calling lapsed or less frequent good fans glory hunters and demanding that no excuse is good enough wont work.
strangely enough some people say the rebrand has cost us thousands of DIEHARD FANS..the same people say that these GLORY HUNTERS will flock back for prem football.

I made that point on another post. Funnily enough the diehards (well 3950 of them) disappeared the same time as a lot of our glory hunters. The diehards were so upset about the rebrand they only watched for two more seasons then stopped.

Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:12 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
Bluesman wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

You are bonkers mate.

The truth hurts doesn't it.

Telling someone to go and support Swansea for sticking up with our traditions is a disgraceful thing to say and not a thing associated with a Cardiff fan. Shame on you.

Besides if you don't like it then don't read about it. No one is forcing you.

I think he makes some good points.

Sticking up for our traditions? The only ones who truly did that are TLG and his like who left at the instigation of the rebrand.

Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:19 am

maccydee wrote:
Sticking up for our traditions? The only ones who truly did that are TLG and his like who left at the instigation of the rebrand.

Unfortunately their were too many sellouts so we had to revert to fighting in house.

Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:23 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Unfortunately their were too many sellouts so we had to revert to fighting in house.

Which started December 2013 when we were in the relegation zone.

Not a peep when we were smashing the Championship.

Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:39 am

maccydee wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Which started December 2013 when we were in the relegation zone.

Not a peep when we were smashing the Championship.

Rubbish Neil.

It started well before then when we tried to start our campaign at the first mention of the rebrand. Have you not heard of the story of the Municipal where the meeting was hijacked by the red brigade? It took until half way through that season before BU was born. Then things started to move in support of our traditions. Unfortunately we were still up against too many sellouts.

We tried to get get a chant going at the first Premier game away at West Ham but were booed at by the sell out brigade there. We continued through the season with demos at the Man City and Swansea home games. Surely did you not see it on Sky Sports after the Swansea games when they had to turn the lights out on us?

When we hit the relegation spot the glory seekers left us leaving the sell outs low in numbers. That's why it comes over as we only started making a stand then when actually it was well before as described above.