Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: The Excuses that Cardiff Fans Say for why are Attendance

Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:55 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Sticking up for our traditions? The only ones who truly did that are TLG and his like who left at the instigation of the rebrand.

Unfortunately their were too many sellouts so we had to revert to fighting in house.

Which started December 2013 when we were in the relegation zone.

Not a peep when we were smashing the Championship.

Rubbish Neil.

It started well before then when we tried to start our campaign at the first mention of the rebrand. Have you not heard of the story of the Municipal where the meeting was hijacked by the red brigade? It took until half way through that season before BU was born. Then things started to move in support of our traditions. Unfortunately we were still up against too many sellouts.

We tried to get get a chant going at the first Premier game away at West Ham but were booed at by the sell out brigade there. We continued through the season with demos at the Man City and Swansea home games. Surely did you not see it on Sky Sports after the Swansea games when they had to turn the lights out on us?

When we hit the relegation spot the glory seekers left us leaving the sell outs low in numbers. That's why it comes over as we only started making a stand then when actually it was well before as described above.

Are you honestly going to suggest BU was in anyway creditable? Did far more damage than good. You can’t deny that as results deteriorated numbers of dissenters increased.

Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:39 am

Yesterday i managed to get 4 mates to come along. All 4 have in the past had season tickets....2 of the 4 also support a premiership team.

They all dont go regular other than an odd game. In the main i believe its dwn to life priorities. 2 of thrm have very young children for the first time and another has his first on the way.

I am always promoting city every game but these good friends are just not as passionate about the city as you and I!

I dont believe there are that many out there using tan being at club as an excuse. TAN nearly ruined the club for sure but thats firmly in the past for me. Never forgotten but forgiven!

Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:42 am

boyo1927 wrote:Yesterday i managed to get 4 mates to come along. All 4 have in the past had season tickets....2 of the 4 also support a premiership team.

They all dont go regular other than an odd game. In the main i believe its dwn to life priorities. 2 of thrm have very young children for the first time and another has his first on the way.

I am always promoting city every game but these good friends are just not as passionate about the city as you and I!

I dont believe there are that many out there using tan being at club as an excuse. TAN nearly ruined the club for sure but thats firmly in the past for me. Never forgotten but forgiven!

Apparently 4000 are gone because of Tan.

Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:47 pm

maccydee wrote:
boyo1927 wrote:Yesterday i managed to get 4 mates to come along. All 4 have in the past had season tickets....2 of the 4 also support a premiership team.

Neil, Well they certainly have gone somewhere as they are not at the Cardiff City Stadium :lol:

Crowds are well down on our last promotion season, yet away Support coming to us has doubled?

Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:55 pm

Am I right in stating the crowd was not announced on Saturday? I had it well below the crowd I read on line. 18000 :roll:

Not surprising really: saturday late evening around xmas and it was on tv.

I am sure there will be 20000+ on boxing day.

Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:13 pm

Danny Says wrote:Am I right in stating the crowd was not announced on Saturday? I had it well below the crowd I read on line. 18000 :roll:

18,049 you were prob the closest :thumbup:

Yes City have already sold 23,500 for Boxing Day, like every club, Boxing Day is one of the biggest crowd pullers of the season :thumbright:

Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:27 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Danny Says wrote:Am I right in stating the crowd was not announced on Saturday? I had it well below the crowd I read on line. 18000 :roll:

18,049 you were prob the closest :thumbup:

Yes City have already sold 23,500 for Boxing Day, like every club, Boxing Day is one of the biggest crowd pullers of the season :thumbright:

Well we had 26000 for Boxing Day 2012 (promotion season) so how is it 4000 fans gone?

Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:30 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Neil, Well they certainly have gone somewhere as they are not at the Cardiff City Stadium :lol:

Crowds are well down on our last promotion season, yet away Support coming to us has doubled?

It has been stated why. Season ticket sales the season before were far higher.

Plus, we were rebranded under Tan last promotion season. Your logic of losing 4000 fans due to rebrand and Tan fails to measure up in any logical manner.