Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Neil Warnock reveals the full scale of Cardiff City's injury

Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:24 pm

Neil Warnock reveals the full scale of Cardiff City's injury crisis as another star is set to go under the knife

By Chris Wathan

Striker Danny Ward and captain Sean Morrison are both unavailable for Cardiff City's clash with Hull City on Saturday.

Ward wasn't in the Bluebirds' matchday squad for the 2-2 draw with Reading at the Madejski Stadium on Monday after suffering a knee problem, and Neil Warnock has revealed the forward is set to be out for a few weeks after requiring surgery to heal the problem.

And Morrison - who was substituted after just 34 minutes of the clash with the Royals - will also miss the visit of the Tigers due to a muscle problem.

"Morrison will be out, I think he’ll miss a few games, with an adductor problem around the groin area," said Warnock.

"It's not serious, but he’s gone down for oxygen. Over the last few weeks I haven’t really risked anyone if it might damage it long-term.
"Knowing him I know he wants to play but with the Bolton game and the Christmas games we need to give him every opportunity. But I keep saying that and we keep getting more injuries.

"Danny Ward has had an operation so he’ll be out for a few weeks. It’s the side of his knee. We don’t know the time limit yet, the surgeon is going to give us an idea soon."

Omar Bogle was the Bluebirds' only fit striker for the trip to Reading, although the 24-year-old was taken off in the final stages of the draw due to what Warnock later revealed was cramp.

Like Ward, Scot Craig Bryson also missed the match along with fellow central midfielder Aron Gunnarsson, and Warnock does not expect the duo to be in contention for the game against the Tigers.

"We hope that Bogle comes through, we don’t think he’s pulled anything but he’s done rehabilitation the last couple of days and he’ll probably do something in the morning (on Saturday)," added Warnock.

"We’ll have a look at him before lunchtime. It’s at the back of his calf. It could be fatigue and cramp, that’s what we’re hoping rather than a niggle.

"I doubt if Gunnarsson or Bryson will be there. Bryson has trained so you never know."

Warnock was able to deliver some positive news after Rhys Healey, Kadeem Harris and Lee Camp all returned to action for Cardiff's Under-23 side against Crystal Palace on Tuesday night.

Harris and Healey both scored in the game at Cardiff City Stadium and are edging ever closer to returns while Warnock has revealed that last season's star striker Kenneth Zohore could feature for the Bluebirds over the festive period having not played since mid-October.

"There is some good news with both Kadeem Harris and Rhys Healey playing half a game the other night, and Campy played a full game," added the Cardiff boss.

"It was great for their rehabilitation and it was nice to see them back. (Anthony) Pilkington is still struggling with his back spasm so I don’t know if he’ll be available.

"Ken Zohore is flying at the minute, he’s back on the grass so I’ll have a look at him next week.

"The physios tell me it will be the FA Cup when he’s back but Ken thinks he might be back for the Christmas games. It’s good to see him smiling because we’re going to need Ken now."

Re: Neil Warnock reveals the full scale of Cardiff City's in

Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:30 pm

And with a packed Christmas period of games coming up it will be telling on us.

Pull through all this intact and we can start believing.