VINCE ALM: " YOUR CLUB NEEDS YOU "

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:40 am

VINCE ALM: " So no real excuses "

"Weather forecast tropical tomorrow night at the Cardiff City stadium as a warm front comes in from the West raising the temperature from -12 with a wind chill factor of -40 to a clear dry night 7 degrees :-)"

"Last day for half price tickets for the Hull Fixture;

"It will be finished before xmas party starts, and before the shops shut for your Christmas shopping, all the parks football games will be finished by then, plenty of public transport, no rugby international match on that day to disrupts traffic" :thumbright: :thumbright:

"Quality fast flowing football (From the kids at half time) Guts, fight, passion, determination, never say die attitude, battle, aggression from the team and manager get yourself down there and be part of the fun and something specia.l"

So get down the City :bluebird:

"You are My Cardiff"
Attachments
Large-2.jpeg
Large-2.jpeg (206.71 KiB) Viewed 3010 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: VINCE ALM: " So no real excuses "

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:42 am

VINCE ALM:

"Dont Forget half price tickets for Saturdays televised home clash with Hull City. Plenty of effort from our current squad doing a good job."

"Take a break from the pressures of Christmas shopping, or those who are not invited to their other half Christmas party why not get yourself down the Cardiff City Stadium, and join in the fun and if you got kids bring them cheap as chips in the family areas. Offer ends midnight Friday 15th purchase online or from the ticket office in person."
Attachments
Large-2.jpeg
Large-2.jpeg (206.71 KiB) Viewed 2991 times

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby stephendavid » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:10 pm

Well said vince
stephendavid

Postby epping blue » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:22 pm

I hope people realise the offer finishes tonight. Tomorrow its normal walk up prices. I notice the remaining blocks of the family stand are still not open online. There's now just a handful of isolate seats still for sale in there. A family could look on line it at this moment and conclude the family stand is pretty much sold out.
epping blue

Postby Milkybarkid » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:35 pm

I can’t go because of the time of the game so I have given my ticket to someone else. I think the vast majority on the site who don’t go will have genuine excuses for not attending. The message thou is not getting out to the general public and into the communities We also have people who genuinely don’t want to go anymore or will only turn up for big games and we have to accept that. I travel a 90 miles round trip for every game which is not a problem for me to watch my beloved Cardiff.
I have always said we are not as big a club we would like to think We are no sleeping giant and the crowds we have had over the last 6 years are the biggest in my 40 years of going. We lost a generation of fans In the 70s And 80s who would now be bringing their kids or grand kids Many of my mates where not allow to go because of the hooligan issue we had .
I was taken by my uncle otherwise my parents would not let me go. He now takes his two sons and I taken my boys as well and when their kids are old enough they will go as well
Can’t fault what city are trying to do but still not working but don’t aim your campaign at people like me as I would be there if we were in the conference
Milkybarkid

Postby 1980s Bluebird » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:38 pm

Agree, 104 mile round trip for me also but with train its pretty quick. EXCEPT BOXING DAY :banghead: so have to drive.
1980s Bluebird

Postby Bluebird Warrior » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:25 pm

Milkybarkid wrote:I can’t go because of the time of the game so I have given my ticket to someone else. I think the vast majority on the site who don’t go will have genuine excuses for not attending. The message thou is not getting out to the general public and into the communities We also have people who genuinely don’t want to go anymore or will only turn up for big games and we have to accept that. I travel a 90 miles round trip for every game which is not a problem for me to watch my beloved Cardiff.
I have always said we are not as big a club we would like to think We are no sleeping giant and the crowds we have had over the last 6 years are the biggest in my 40 years of going. We lost a generation of fans In the 70s And 80s who would now be bringing their kids or grand kids Many of my mates where not allow to go because of the hooligan issue we had .
I was taken by my uncle otherwise my parents would not let me go. He now takes his two sons and I taken my boys as well and when their kids are old enough they will go as well
Can’t fault what city are trying to do but still not working but don’t aim your campaign at people like me as I would be there if we were in the conference

This is the problem, it becomes pointless telling people they need to get down there on here as most of the people they keep telling like on here are people who are going every week anyway. As you say the message needs to get out to the casuals and unfortunately I'm not sure if they care about going yet unless we are still in the top 6 come February. I think we have a 15,000 hard core support which we have always had and will have at most games + some casuals which takes it up to 17,000 - 21,000. The only way we will get bigger attendances is if we are playing a big team or we're challenging for the prem come feb when the casuals will start realizing we are the real deal and we're going back to the prem which is when we will start getting between 21,000 - 27,000. unfortunately that's the reality of our club and we have to get used to it.
Bluebird Warrior

Postby skiprat » Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:59 pm

Exactly right.i totally agree with you x
skiprat

Postby boyo1927 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:04 pm

We simply dont have the loyal support to get more fans down more regular. I work in an office in ciry centre and most football.fans support Liverpool, man u, chelsea etc....they dont see these teams much other than sky. City are not given much of a thought....however if city do go up they will be more interested. We have lots of people like this in all of south wales. Was worse growing uo in 80s and 90s
boyo1927

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:44 pm

VINCE ALM:

Your football club needs you :thumbright: Morrison, Gunnarsun , Bryson, Zahore, Ward, Jazz, Kadeem, Camp, Pilkington all out injured Bogle Doubtful. We still have plenty quality but are thread bare. We have to be the super sub and get behind the team whatever happens at tomorrow's game, this lot won't give up. Those who are going support the boys and get behind them

"You are my Cardiff" :bluescarf:

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:39 am

boyo1927 wrote:We simply dont have the loyal support to get more fans down more regular. I work in an office in ciry centre and most football.fans support Liverpool, man u, chelsea etc....they dont see these teams much other than sky. City are not given much of a thought....however if city do go up they will be more interested. We have lots of people like this in all of south wales. Was worse growing uo in 80s and 90s

I think you are spot on although it's not just a South Wales problem it happens all over the country outside the really big City's.

We had no problem finding 40,000 fans to take to Wembley on a number of occasions and message boards were full of fans crying that they were entitled to a ticket but couldn't get one for various reasons :roll:

Then the opposite is also true as those poor old fans who claimed to be 'loyal' but couldn't get Wembley tickets went missing the moment City were relegated and hovered above the Championship relegation zone.

Basically your point is crowds come with success or the opportunity to play the elite in the Premier League. In the Championship we have a glass ceiling of support which at it's maximum is around 22/23,000 but averages around 16-18,000.
Tony Blue Williams

Postby Bakedalasker » Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:33 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
boyo1927 wrote:We simply dont have the loyal support to get more fans down more regular. I work in an office in ciry centre and most football.fans support Liverpool, man u, chelsea etc....they dont see these teams much other than sky. City are not given much of a thought....however if city do go up they will be more interested. We have lots of people like this in all of south wales. Was worse growing uo in 80s and 90s

I think you are spot on although it's not just a South Wales problem it happens all over the country outside the really big City's.

We had no problem finding 40,000 fans to take to Wembley on a number of occasions and message boards were full of fans crying that they were entitled to a ticket but couldn't get one for various reasons :roll:

Then the opposite is also true as those poor old fans who claimed to be 'loyal' but couldn't get Wembley tickets went missing the moment City were relegated and hovered above the Championship relegation zone.

Basically your point is crowds come with success or the opportunity to play the elite in the Premier League. In the Championship we have a glass ceiling of support which at it's maximum is around 22/23,000 but averages around 16-18,000.

Time will tell Tony if we get promoted.

I feel that ceiling is going ot be around 20K though.
Bakedalasker

Re: VINCE ALM: " YOUR CLUB NEEDS YOU "

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:38 pm

Ok Gents, you twist it what ever way you want.

We can say 10 miles/30 miles there is no other Football club to compete with and yet 1.2mill people surround the Cardiff area (including Cardiff ) and at the moment we can't even get an average of over 20,000, never mind 25,000 which 10 other Championship clubs all beneath us get.

City have virtually begged fans with their cheap prices.

Fans excuses are the following that have been put on here,plus many more, but most of these issues have been addressed by our club on and off the pitch and some excuses are just pathetic.

Roads will be to busy to travel in.
Its a school night.
Its raining.
Its cold.
Its to hot,everyones on holiday.
Its a Friday night everyones in their work clothes.
No transport.
Its 12pm
Its 1.30pm
Its 5.30pm
Shopping.
Once we are on a winning run they will return.
To expensive.
Once its October the fans will start to believe.
Its before Xmas.
Its January everyones skint.
Cant pay on line.
Its Easter and families are busy.
Everyones planning for Wales games etc
Now its 3pm theres park football.
Don't like the manager.
Awful football.
live on Sky.

BUT ONCE IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE / THESE EXCUSES DONT HAPPEN :lol: :lol:

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby maccydee » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:42 pm

Tony, it’s all because of the rebrand and Tan why we aren’t getting crowds. We lost 4000 cos of the rebrand. 3950 of them kept coming for the next two years and we are back in blue but it’s definitely the rebrand and Tan.
maccydee

Postby maccydee » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:43 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:

Time will tell Tony if we get promoted.

I feel that ceiling is going ot be around 20K though.

We have had bigger crowds than that already so how is our ceiling going to be 20k? FFS Ian you are on a bollocks talking roll today pal.
maccydee

Return to General Chat