Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

NEIL WARNOCK: "I FEEL BETRAYED"

Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:11 am

Warnock's FA charge

NEIL WARNOCK: "I FEEL BETRAYED"

So we discovered earlier this week that Neil Warnock has been charged with misconduct by the FA, and he has until 6pm today to appeal.

Friday 15th December 2017

Warnock on his sending off against Reading

NEIL WARNOCK:

"I feel betrayed, because I’ve said things during the game to the fourth Andy Woolmer, who I’ve known for many years. He must have written these things down which I find very unusual. I was disappointed that we had a referee who was the 4th official in our last game. I think that’s totally out of order in the modern day and not to our advantage."

"Andy’s written things down and it’s those comments I’ve made to him personally that has been used against me. The LMA have said I have no choice but to plead guilty and get fined £2,000. I feel really let down.”
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: NEIL WARNOCK: "I FEEL BETRAYED"

Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:08 pm

he was ranting and raving all game and needs to keep his temper / emotions under control. he is also complaining that what he said was recorded against him - if he didnt do anything wrong then he has nothing to fear.

he's been a fantastic manager, but this is why he is hated by many fans in the UK - no respect for people trying to do their job. to anyone who thinks they have a right to scream and swear at referees - try and do the job yourself.

Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:17 pm

northernbluebird wrote:he was ranting and raving all game and needs to keep his temper / emotions under control. he is also complaining that what he said was recorded against him - if he didnt do anything wrong then he has nothing to fear.

he's been a fantastic manager, but this is why he is hated by many fans in the UK - no respect for people trying to do their job. to anyone who thinks they have a right to scream and swear at referees - try and do the job yourself.

officials are part of the game and yes its not an easy job but neither is playing or managing...id expect a manager producing a performance as poor as the officials last week to be sacked in the morning...and a player that poor to be shouted sworn at for 10 minutes before being subbed..
very poor is very poor..and they were..

Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:22 pm

northernbluebird wrote:he was ranting and raving all game and needs to keep his temper / emotions under control. he is also complaining that what he said was recorded against him - if he didnt do anything wrong then he has nothing to fear.

Totally disagree with this nonsense, would not change Warnock for the world, he's passionate and emotional cause he's a winner, we have the best manager in the Championship, the officiating at Reading was abysmal, that referee thought he was a dictator.

Warnocks barmy army :bluescarf:

Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:23 pm

So what , bit of passion coming from him . Ban doesn't do us any good but the referee was shite and deserved to hear it IMO .

Takes a certain class of person to be a football ref , same as a traffic warden .

Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:25 pm

Flyingpostman wrote:

So what , bit of passion coming from him . Ban doesn't do us any good but the referee was shite and deserved to hear it IMO .

Takes a certain class of person to be a football ref , same as a traffic warden .

its a fair point though, you cant rant and rave like that without expecting a ban.

Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:26 pm

That's why they had a full time referee as the 4th official as they knew the one in the middle was going to be a shocker!!

Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:33 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
Flyingpostman wrote:

its a fair point though, you cant rant and rave like that without expecting a ban.

thing is though the things he was complaining about were there to be seen.by him by us and by the 4th official..did this 4th official not agree and thought the ref had a decent game.?.
no its Warnock and feather in cap time..

Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:34 pm

dogfound wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
Flyingpostman wrote:

thing is though the things he was complaining about were there to be seen.by him by us and by the 4th official..did this 4th official not agree and thought the ref had a decent game.?.
no its Warnock and feather in cap time..

but still, if hes calling him (for example) a useless C**t - although he might be right, he still deserves his sending off/fine.

Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:35 pm

i knew that my view would be unpopular, and that most people here would dismiss this as further evidence of his 'passion', but try telling that to lowly paid / volunteer referees in sunday league who has to put up with the same 'passion' that people think is fine because of what they see warnock doing.

Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:43 pm

northernbluebird wrote:i knew that my view would be unpopular, and that most people here would dismiss this as further evidence of his 'passion', but try telling that to lowly paid / volunteer referees in sunday league who has to put up with the same 'passion' that people think is fine because of what they see warnock doing.

So it this from your experience of refereeing at a lower level ?

Look if you can't take someone giving you a bit of abuse for a few minutes on a Saturday or Sunday don't take the 30-40 quid beer money your earning and sit on your arse at home . People referee because they love the game and know the abuse is part and parcel of the game .

Thicken up your skin if you cant hack it and referee egg chasing . I hear they'll call you Sir

Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:44 pm

All I can say is I hope he got his 2K worth of comments to him. The main official should be charged with impersonation a refferee :thumbup:

Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:45 pm

But he is not a lowly paid volunteer referee is he, he is a professional referee who is well paid and some of his decisions against whatever club can cost them millions of pounds when it comes to promotion/relegation, people can lose their jobs if a refs decision causes a team to be relegated, clubs can go into turmoil. so yes he is crap and unfortunately referees get away with more than managers do. Refs should be accountable for their terrible decisions, what if a manager wrote down every thing a ref got wrong in the heat of the moment and then presented it to the Referee's leader, would he then be fined etc....would he hell.

Not a job I would do or volunteer to do as standing on the side listening to some parents at little kids footy is enough for me.

northernbluebird wrote:i knew that my view would be unpopular, and that most people here would dismiss this as further evidence of his 'passion', but try telling that to lowly paid / volunteer referees in sunday league who has to put up with the same 'passion' that people think is fine because of what they see warnock doing.

Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:54 pm

1980s Bluebird wrote:But he is not a lowly paid volunteer referee is he, he is a professional referee who is well paid and some of his decisions against whatever club can cost them millions of pounds when it comes to promotion/relegation, people can lose their jobs if a refs decision causes a team to be relegated, clubs can go into turmoil. so yes he is crap and unfortunately referees get away with more than managers do. Refs should be accountable for their terrible decisions, what if a manager wrote down every thing a ref got wrong in the heat of the moment and then presented it to the Referee's leader, would he then be fined etc....would he hell.

Not a job I would do or volunteer to do as standing on the side listening to some parents at little kids footy is enough for me.

managers do grade the refs, who can be demoted with persistent bad performances.

Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:14 pm

We scored two goals after NW got "sent off" so maybe his passion eventually found its way onto the field.

If the draw was worth a £2000 fine then so be it.

I guess the club will pay it anyway.

Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:25 pm

Lots of sympathy for Warnock. The ref was a disgrace and was just as bad in our game against Millwall. He is clearly not up to it

Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:32 pm

Another part of the modern game that baffles me, managers/players can get fined for making comments or criticising a ref and even banned, refs have a tough job yes but should they be allowed to escape criticism? No, it's part of their job and they need to grow the f**k up and be prepared to be criticised.

Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:07 pm

Just before his sending off the referee made a really bad & shocking decision with the foul on Patterson.
This is what I believe he was reacting to and watching the game on sky when I got home so did the commentator.

Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:26 pm

As far as I know football is the only sport where officials are given abuse from the beginning to the end of a match. There are plenty of sports where terrible decisions are made but if these officials suffered the abuse soccer refs have to go through, the punishment dished out would be a lot more than a fine.
The ref was terrible and should be asked to explain his actions by his superiors. There can never be any excuse for officials suffering abuse from players or managers, and with players constantly trying to con refs as well as managers swearing at them from the touchline, something needs to be done.
If Warnock had been Reading's manager, I am sure the comments on here would be completely different to what has been posted today.

Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:12 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:As far as I know football is the only sport where officials are given abuse from the beginning to the end of a match. There are plenty of sports where terrible decisions are made but if these officials suffered the abuse soccer refs have to go through, the punishment dished out would be a lot more than a fine.
The ref was terrible and should be asked to explain his actions by his superiors. There can never be any excuse for officials suffering abuse from players or managers, and with players constantly trying to con refs as well as managers swearing at them from the touchline, something needs to be done.
If Warnock had been Reading's manager, I am sure the comments on here would be completely different to what has been posted today.

Absolute nonsense. Ref's shouldn't be able to escape criticism, players and managers receive it and get on with it and so should they. Just like any of us in our jobs if we are doing s**t we should be criticised and rightfully so.

Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:15 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:As far as I know football is the only sport where officials are given abuse from the beginning to the end of a match. There are plenty of sports where terrible decisions are made but if these officials suffered the abuse soccer refs have to go through, the punishment dished out would be a lot more than a fine.

Absolute nonsense. Ref's shouldn't be able to escape criticism, players and managers receive it and get on with it and so should they. Just like any of us in our jobs if we are doing s**t we should be criticised and rightfully so.

there is being criticised and being yelled at by some rude fucker calling you every name under the sun.

i dont know what you do for a living, but if your boss shouted across the room calling you a useless c**t that wouldnt be right would it :lol:

Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:21 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:All I can say is I hope he got his 2K worth of comments to him. The main official should be charged with impersonation a refferee :thumbup:

Totally agree nukes the ref was shit and as much as people say about him being ranted and raved at his wrong. He's a professional ref and that performance denotes him amateur and he should be punished some of those decisions could make or break a managers job.

Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:24 pm

Wtf has it got to do with Sunday league referees? ? Yes I know they get abused and do it voluntary and many local leagues etc rely on these people but this guy is a pro and plenty of people would be calling him alot more with performance like that. Ps are u a local volunteer ref :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright:

Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:32 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
DandoCCFC wrote:

there is being criticised and being yelled at by some rude fucker calling you every name under the sun.

i dont know what you do for a living, but if your boss shouted across the room calling you a useless c**t that wouldnt be right would it :lol:

you keep saying..shouted at by rude fucker...he swore...called him a c**t....all made up
the ref was a total disgrace...not made up.
i think if it had been a tirad of foul moythed abuse he would be looking at much more than 2k...and..would have seen red earlier.

Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:35 pm

dogfound wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
DandoCCFC wrote:

you keep saying..shouted at by rude fucker...he swore...called him a c**t....all made up
i think if it had been a tirad of foul moythed abuse he would be looking at much more than 2k...and..would have seen red earlier.

well i did say "for example" and the guy above was talking about referees receiving abuse. if the LMA have told warnock not to appeal and pay then i would say he can have no complaints.

Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:48 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
DandoCCFC wrote:

well i did say "for example" and the guy above was talking about referees receiving abuse. if the LMA have told warnock not to appeal and pay then i would say he can have no complaints.

as i said earlier ...the 4th official like all of us was watching the game , i find it very difficult to beleve he stood there watching that performance and concluded it was a good performance and that our manager was just being a dick..his complaints {probably many } were justified...now if your of fair mind and being constructive you think fair play he does have a point there {again many times } and move on..or you can you can signal the ref just after the Patterson free kick, get him sent off and then hand him a copy of every word Warnock uttered after the game {maybe too much time taking notes not enough time watching that tools mistakes out there ? }.

Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:55 pm

Would not change him for anyone but the only thing that gets to me is how often he blames the refs and many times it is not justified He blames the refs for not ever having played the games professionally but forgets he has never been a ref and the issues they have with players all trying to get one over them
The ref was poor on Monday no doubt about that but to get sent off was stupid by Warnock

Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:57 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
DandoCCFC wrote:

Criticism not abuse, look at what Warnock said and tell me if that warrants a fine and sending off.

Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:13 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
DandoCCFC wrote:

Criticism not abuse, look at what Warnock said and tell me if that warrants a fine and sending off.

I don't know exactly what Warnock said or how he said it. What I do know is he is often seen yelling at officials, red in the face with rage, and looking like his head is about to explode. He is not the only one by a long way. Players are often seen surrounding refs shouting and swearing at them. One minor indiscretion like this in rugby for example, and a penalty can be reversed etc. Only overpaid soccer players who can dive better than Tom Daly are permitted to abuse refs every time they trot out onto the pitch, and I have watched this become worse over the years. About time this is stamped out once and for all.

Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:23 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
DandoCCFC wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
DandoCCFC wrote:

I don't know exactly what Warnock said or how he said it. What I do know is he is often seen yelling at officials, red in the face with rage, and looking like his head is about to explode. He is not the only one by a long way. Players are often seen surrounding refs shouting and swearing at them. One minor indiscretion like this in rugby for example, and a penalty can be reversed etc. Only overpaid soccer players who can dive better than Tom Daly are permitted to abuse refs every time they trot out onto the pitch, and I have watched this become worse over the years. About time this is stamped out once and for all.

you never hear the comentry team question a rugby ref either ???????????..maybe its because nobody is totally clear of the rules...get some understandable rules and you get people annoyed at poor decisions..or maybe just keep it as it is as an event for p155 heads.