Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Nigel Adkins on Cardiff City:

Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:14 am

Hull City Manager Nigel Adkins on Cardiff City:

"We know the threat Cardiff will pose. They're a good side and are enjoying a good season, but hopefully we can go there and show our qualities."

"Everyone has roles and responsibilities and that’s important. We’ve done a defensive training session on the grass this week, but we need more clean sheets. That was the negative from last weekend. But it’s the whole team that need to contribute not just the back four."

"Cardiff score goals and put the ball in good areas of the field. They have good players and they work to a system, which they do very, very well. We have a positive mindset in the camp though and we go there ready for a challenging game."

"We have to defend better as a team, both in open play and from set pieces."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Nigel Adkins on Cardiff City:

Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:32 am

Cardiff are second only to league-leaders Wolves and are four points clear of third-placed Bristol City after losing just three games all the season.

Warnock’s men also boast the best defensive record in the Championship, leaking just 16 goals in 21 games.

NIGEL ADKINS:

“I’m looking forward to it,” said Adkins. “Cardiff City at home, they’re riding high in the division and they’ll be looking to keep their momentum going.

“I’ve been fortunate enough to watch them several times live this season and we know they’ve got strengths and weaknesses. We’ve got strengths as well but there are maybe one or two things we need to shore up.

“We’re under no illusions it’ll be a tough game but we’ll be buoyed by the victory in the last game and the confidence that can instill.

“The camaraderie we’ve got and the positive mind-set of everyone wanting to be part of what we’re striving to achieve together so we’ve got to go there in a positive frame of mind.

"Yes, there’ll be players unavailable but every club is going to have that. It’ll be a very challenging game but if we can keep working on several elements then it’ll give us an opportunity to get a victory and keep trying to build on what we want to achieve.”
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:49 pm

Always been a fan of Adkins.

Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:49 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:Always been a fan of Adkins.

Me too. before is realized Warnock wanted to come here he was my first choice after Trollope left. Always liked the way he gets his teams playing.

Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:10 pm

Yes he is a decent manager.

I hope tomorrow the injuries to key players don't take their toll.

Never really known such a sick list of players down the City.

Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:27 am

In other words "park the bus" :roll: