Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Initial Rebrand Thread

Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:05 pm

Sorry to bring the dreaded word back up but I am looking for the initial post that broke the rumours of the rebrand following the west ham away game?

Not looking to dig up old graves but conducting research on the impact globalisation has on football.

Looking to discuss how poorly the rebrand was handled from the club and how they have attempted to rectify this.

Searched on here but couldn't seem to find it. Cheers for any pointers :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Re: Initial Rebrand Thread

Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:14 pm

Glad you couldn't find it, in the past now, where it belongs why do people keep dragging it up?

Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:24 pm

Igovernor wrote:Glad you couldn't find it, in the past now, where it belongs why do people keep dragging it up?

Think I've clearly stated it forms part of the research of a broader element.

Will remember to consult you on any future plans though :sleepy2:

Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:29 pm

ccfc-louis wrote:
Igovernor wrote:Glad you couldn't find it, in the past now, where it belongs why do people keep dragging it up?

well research the board and find it yourself then :old:

Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:35 pm

ccfc-louis wrote:Sorry to bring the dreaded word back up but I am looking for the initial post that broke the rumours of the rebrand following the west ham away game?

Not looking to dig up old graves but conducting research on the impact globalisation has on football.

Looking to discuss how poorly the rebrand was handled from the club and how they have attempted to rectify this.

Searched on here but couldn't seem to find it. Cheers for any pointers :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Louis, research Rebrand and then say go to no 777 :bluescarf:

It was disgrafully handled by some of the people at our club and they turned a blind eye to threats and violence :evil:

Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:38 pm

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=78929&hilit=REBRAND :bluescarf:

Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:39 pm

Another one from years ago

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=78883 :bluescarf:

Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:21 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
ccfc-louis wrote:

To be fair, the re-brand is now part of the history of this club just the same as our FA Cup win is part of our history. We may not like everything that has gone on in the past, but we can't pretend it did not happen just because some of us disagree with it. The re-brand is one of the biggest talking points of recent times, and it is inevitable that it will be brought up from time to time, just as our brief stint in the PL is still often discussed.

Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:05 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
ccfc-louis wrote:

To be fair, the re-brand is now part of the history of this club just the same as our FA Cup win is part of our history. We may not like everything that has gone on in the past, but we can't pretend it did not happen just because some of us disagree with it. The re-brand is one of the biggest talking points of recent times, and it is inevitable that it will be brought up from time to time, just as our brief stint in the PL is still often discussed.

They told me we no longer had a 'history' after the rebrand! :?

Have we employed Sir Baldrick (Tony Robinson) and his crew to dig it all back up again? :?

Going on this thread, it certainly seems so! ;) :laughing6:

Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:06 pm

On a serious note, I'd be looking around April, May and June 2012 for what you need :thumbright:

Here's another one (different to the one Annis put up) from May 2012 :ayatollah:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=78929&hilit=Rebrand

Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:11 am

Forever Blue wrote:
ccfc-louis wrote:Sorry to bring the dreaded word back up but I am looking for the initial post that broke the rumours of the rebrand following the west ham away game?

It was disgrafully handled by some of the people at our club and they turned a blind eye to threats and violence :evil:

Cheers found it now.

Was looking to make the point how ludicrous the rumour first sounded and how divisive using a corporate model of rebranding is for football clubs which have such strong emotional ties and traditions for fans :occasion5:

Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:12 am

Sven wrote:On a serious note, I'd be looking around April, May and June 2012 for what you need :thumbright:

Here's another one (different to the one Annis put up) from May 2012 :ayatollah:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=78929&hilit=Rebrand

Brilliant, thanks mate all sorted now :thumbright:

Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:48 am

ccfc-louis wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Cheers found it now.

Was looking to make the point how ludicrous the rumour first sounded and how divisive using a corporate model of rebranding is for football clubs which have such strong emotional ties and traditions for fans :occasion5:

Your welcome Loius and sadly it is part of our history, including those who wore it :cry: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: