BREAKING: WARNOCK'S 11 CARDIFF PLAYERS THAT ARE ALL INJURED

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby worcester_ccfc » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:00 am

BREAKING: WARNOCK'S ELEVEN CARDIFF CITY PLAYERS THAT ARE ALL INJURED / PLUS

“ INJURY UPDATE ON CCFC ELEVEN PLAYERS “

Wednesday 13th December 2017

Neil Warnock has revealed the extent of luckless Cardiff City's enormous injury list after revealing key man Aron Gunnarsson could need surgery to rectify a persistent ankle problem.

The 2-2 draw at Reading saw Sean Morrison and Omar Bogle taken off as injury precautions, with Danny Ward, Craig Bryson and Frederic Gounongbe all ruled out of the matchday squad — joining the likes of Kenneth Zohore, Lee Camp, Rhys Healey, Kadeem Harris and Jazz Richards on the treatment table.

Kadeem Harris, Lee Camp and Rhys Healey all featured for the Bluebirds' last night in the DVP game v Crystal Palace,which City lost 2-4.

"We have got an horrendous injury list at the minute, players who anyone would miss at our level," said Warnock after the game.

Here is the full list of the Bluebirds' absentees and what Warnock has said on each player's situation...

Aron Gunnarsson

Cardiff fans saw Gunnarsson return from a month on the sidelines with a substitute appearance against Brentford, followed by a 74-minute stint against Barnsley a few days later.

But the return evidently came a little too soon for the Ice Man who has since missed clashes against Nottingham Forest, Norwich and now Reading.

Warnock revealed it was make or break for his midfield linchpin, who could need surgery on his ankle..

"Gunnars has had an injection now that could go two ways," said Warnock.

"Either it will rectify everything or he'll end up having an operation and missing a month. We'll know in the next few days."

Craig Bryson

The on-loan Derby County midfielder was another omitted from the matchday squad of 18 at the Madejski Stadium with an Achilles problem.

"The amount of running he did in that week (in games against Barnsley and Nottingham Forest), you could understand it," said Warnock. "He said to me he might be alright and 'if I don't play at Reading, I should be alright (for Hull).'"

Joe Ralls and Loic Damour looked a little short of help in midfield against the Royals so Bryson will be vital if he returns on Saturday.

Anthony Pilkington

The forward looks all set for a January exit from South Wales but was named on the bench for the Reading clash, and could have made his first league appearance of the season.

Warnock, however, revealed the Irish international was in no fit state to take part, having suffered a back spasm.

He said: "Pilkington was another one tonight, I actually put his name on the teamsheet but he was on the bus all night — he had a back spasm and couldn't even get off the bus!

"I didn't want to put six subs but he couldn't take part, it just came on (Tuesday) morning out of nowhere. So that's another disappointment for us, he'd been waiting for weeks to come back into my plans."

Frederic Gounongbe

Warnock simply added on Gounongbe, another striking option, that the Benin international was out for three months. With Healey and Zohore out, and Pilkington struggling, it adds to the Bluebirds' woes up front.

Omar Bogle

Warnock also allayed some initial fears that Bogle — Cardiff's only fit striker at the moment — was suffering with a hamstring injury, instead saying he had some cramp against Reading, hence why he was removed for Liam Feeney in the latter stages at the Madejski.

Bogle should be available for selection against Hull City.

Sean Morrison

Warnock also confirmed that captain Morrison was taken off in the first half due to a groin injury as a precaution.

Danny Ward

The striker wasn't available for selection against Reading after picking up a knock with some swelling around the knee.

Kadeem Harris, Lee Camp and Rhys Healey

The three players have yet to make a first team appearance this season between them, with Warnock admitting they've been sorely missed.

They all played last night for the DVP v Crystal Palace.

"You need players like that," added the boss. "Kadeem is a player who can change a game, and Rhys as well."

Jazz Richards

The Wales full-back remains a longer-term absence with an ankle problem.

Plus

Kenneth Zohore? still waiting on news from Neil Warnock.
Attachments
DGZG1mMXsAE7j8i.jpg-large-2-2.jpeg
DGZG1mMXsAE7j8i.jpg-large-2-2.jpeg (140.93 KiB) Viewed 4320 times
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: “ INJURY UPDATE ON CCFC ELEVEN PLAYERS “

Postby Llantwit Blue » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:56 am

No mention of Zohore strange
Llantwit Blue

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:58 am

Llantwit Blue wrote:No mention of Zohore strange

Very Mark.

I think Zohore is out longer than many of us first thought?
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby wez1927 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:03 am

Forever Blue wrote:

Very Mark.

Or on his way ,he hasn't played that well this year and we done well without him
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:17 am

wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Very Mark.

Or on his way ,he hasn't played that well this year and we done well without him

Wez, Zohore's attitude is also wrong.

Forever Blue
Admin

Re: BREAKING: WARNOCK'S 11 CARDIFF PLAYERS THAT ARE ALL INJU

Postby Gavin » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:18 am

To be fair to VT he hasn't had a manager he can trust with his cheque book for a long time, maybe Warnock has earned that trust and we will see VT back him in January, if he doesn't VT will have to shoulder the blame for any selection problems in the new year.
Life passes most people by while they're making grand plans for it.
Gavin

Postby bluebird7291 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:21 am

I think that's very unfair to blame his attitude. It looks more down to confidence. He went a few games without scoring and every chance he had which never went in his head dropped straight away
bluebird7291

Postby wez1927 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:29 am

Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Very Mark.

Wez, Zohore's attitude could also be wrong?.

I agree I think that we made a mistake not taking the big money in the summer
wez1927

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:29 am

bluebird7291 wrote:I think that's very unfair to blame his attitude. It looks more down to confidence. He went a few games without scoring and every chance he had which never went in his head dropped straight away

Warnock even said publicly Zohore had an attitude and he had to sort him out.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:31 am

Gavin wrote:To be fair to VT he hasn't had a manager he can trust with his cheque book for a long time, maybe Warnock has earned that trust and we will see VT back him in January, if he doesn't VT will have to shoulder the blame for any selection problems in the new year.

Gavin, Warnock will need fully backing in January, up to now as Warnock stated he has hardly spent much money for the position we are in, in the Championship.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:32 am

wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Very Mark.

I agree I think that we made a mistake not taking the big money in the summer

Wez, at the the time Zohore looked the answer and looked a prolific scorer. With an injury free Johore and right attitude Zohore could prob be a top striker, but I do know what you mean :thumbright:

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby wez1927 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:33 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Gavin wrote:To be fair to VT he hasn't had a manager he can trust with his cheque book for a long time, maybe Warnock has earned that trust and we will see VT back him in January, if he doesn't VT will have to shoulder the blame for any selection problems in the new year.

Gavin, Warnock will need fully backing in January, up to now as Warnock stated he has hardly spent much money for the position we are in, in the Championship.

I would get rid of zohore and use part of the money to fund a few decent loan players untill the end of the season
wez1927

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:34 am

wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I would get rid of zohore and use part of the money to fund a few decent loan players untill the end of the season

Wez, I wonder how much clubs would pay for Zohore now?

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby wez1927 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:40 am

Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Wez, I wonder how much clubs would pay for Zohore now?

Still the same I think
wez1927

Postby bluemun » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:43 am

What was Pilks doing on the bus to get a back spasm and how did Fred get injured? Maybe it was the one run he made tricking two defenders, closing in on goal and then managing to curl the ball away from the goal for a throw in on the other side of the pitch? A moment of comic genius worthy of Gary 'Basil Fawlty' Stevens ( except Stevens could actually score!).
bluemun

Postby pembroke allan » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:46 am

Has anyone thought it's the way city play that's caused the injury problems? (high energy) as for zahore already know he's out until NY so not worth mention
pembroke allan

Postby epping blue » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:02 am

wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Very Mark

We getting very, very good at grinding out results and I love the energy that Hoillett, Mendez Laing and Bogle / Ward bring to the forward line but I thought we were playing better at the beginning of the season with Zahore as a figure head.

It's a bit gutting on the injury front. 3 weeks ago it looked that we'd just about have a fully available squad by now, well at least have available all those out at that time. Now we're looking a bit light going into two an a half weeks ( 5 games ) that could absolutely make our season. All winnable and hopefully we'll be just into the new year on close to 60 points.
epping blue

Postby wez1927 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:10 am

epping blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Very Mark

We getting very, very good at grinding out results and I love the energy that Hoillett, Mendez Laing and Bogle / Ward bring to the forward line but I thought we were playing better at the beginning of the season with Zahore as a figure head.

It's a bit gutting on the injury front. 3 weeks ago it looked that we'd just about have a fully available squad by now, well at least have available all those out at that time. Now we're looking a bit light going into two an a half weeks ( 5 games ) that could absolutely make our season. All winnable and hopefully we'll be just into the new year on close to 60 points.

I just think that Warnock could get better than zohore with a little bit of money ,zohore seems this season like his head has been turned
wez1927

Postby Steve Zodiak » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:12 am

wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Me too Wez. I have never been a huge Zohore fan, and while he is a tidy enough player, he has never been a consistent scorer throughout his career. I have said before that all this hero worship is based on a three month spell where he hit the net on a regular basis. Take this three month period away, and his stats are very poor.
We seem to be performing perfectly well without him, and he had only chipped in with 3 goals this season before his injury anyway. I think Bogle is more than capable of standing in for him.
Steve Zodiak

Postby dogfound » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:50 am

i dont see us doing any serious bussiness in January quite simply because we have spent the last 2/3 years getting the wage bill down to comply with FFP rules and should we not go up our revenue next season will take another massive hit ..maybe 2/3 loan signings.
i also think VT has pushed the boat out far more than i thought he would already this season not by paying big transfer fees but by not selling anyone ...
shoulder the blame if he doesnt flash the cash
shoulder the blame if he does ..we fail to go up..and debt rises....its snowing here..Vinnies fault.
dogfound

Postby paulh_85 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:51 am

people have short memories. our run at the start of the season, even though he wasn't scoring he was brilliant. he tore Villa to shreds, and had excellent games against both Sheffield United and Leeds. Scored the winner V Burton. and was an integral part of the team.

if Warnock is to be believed and i have no reason not to, i would imagine this injury had something to do with his loss of form and im looking forward to him being back and fully fit.
paulh_85

Postby troobloo3339 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:04 am

Forever Blue wrote:
bluebird7291 wrote:I think that's very unfair to blame his attitude. It looks more down to confidence. He went a few games without scoring and every chance he had which never went in his head dropped straight away

Lets get it right annis
Warnock said zohore had a low pain threshold not a, attitude problem
Then warnock later took that statement back when tests showed zohore needed surgery
Sometimes its . Like watching jackanoree on here
I know kids what can we see through the makeup windows today hmmmm
troobloo3339

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:25 am

troobloo3339 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Lets get it right annis
Warnock said zohore had a low pain threshold not a, attitude problem
Then warnock later took that statement back when tests showed zohore needed surgery
Sometimes its . Like watching jackanoree on here
I know kids what can we see through the makeup windows today hmmmm

Wrong Troobloo, Yes Warnock has praised Johore this time and said Zohore will be back in January.

BUT, Warnock last season went publicly in the South Wales Echo and said he had to straighten Johore out and made out Johore was a little bit of a bad boy with attitude.

So get your facts right and you now only seem to come on here to only catch me out, sad :roll:

Grow up, one day you will admit you were TrooRed. :bluescarf: :blue scarf:

The only jackanory is you and your continual bullshit. :roll: :roll:

FACTS WARNOCK

But Warnock has now revealed that he hated Zohore’s attitude just a few months and was prepared to sell him. However after the forward started to improve, Warnock believes that it was his ultimatum about being shipped out that has helped him to become the ‘secret weapon’ that Warnock believed he had in him all along.

NEIL WARNOCK:

He said: “Nobody (knows much about him) that’s why he’s our secret weapon,”

“He’s such a strong boy and he’s full of himself now.

“But there were a few words needed in his career a few weeks ago.”

“He was a disgrace. He was strutting about the place and he didn’t push himself,”

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:29 am

But Warnock has now revealed that he hated Zohore’s attitude just a few months and was prepared to sell him. However after the forward started to improve, Warnock believes that it was his ultimatum about being shipped out that has helped him to become the ‘secret weapon’ that Warnock believed he had in him all along.

NEIL WARNOCK:

“He was a disgrace. He was strutting about the place and he didn’t push himself,”

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:31 am

FAO TROOBLOO, You have stated Neil Warnock never said it, read below :thumbright:

FEBRUARY 2017

“We played Wolves at home and we were losing 1-0 at half time. And there was nothing on the bench, only him. So I pulled him into the bathroom and said ‘I’m going to put you on now’.

“In a few words that I can’t really say in the morning, I said ‘this is your career son, you can either go to Belgium or you can show me what you can do’.

“And he’s never looked back. He’s worked his socks off.

“He can be even better. He’s got all the attributes, he just needed to work.”

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby paulh_85 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:34 am

Forever Blue wrote:FAO TROOBLOO

FEBRUARY 2017

“We played Wolves at home and we were losing 1-0 at half time. And there was nothing on the bench, only him. So I pulled him into the bathroom and said ‘I’m going to put you on now’.

“In a few words that I can’t really say in the morning, I said ‘this is your career son, you can either go to Belgium or you can show me what you can do’.

long time ago and no bearing on the current player
paulh_85

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:36 am

paulh_85 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:FAO TROOBLOO

FEBRUARY 2017

long time ago and no bearing on the current player

Paulh, It shows Warnock did say it and yes Zohore once had an attitude which other managers failed to sort out.
How do you know, he still has not? ?

Its less than a year ago.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby nubbsy » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:39 am

Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Very Mark.

Annis, how do you know that? I've only ever heard warnock say he's a great leaner and has a good attitude etc. Or is this something new since the injury?
nubbsy

Postby paulh_85 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:40 am

because i trust what warnock says.

and hes had nothing but praise for him, including wondering why he was off the pace, claiming to be injured, but when they found what was wrong with him he said he understood, and whats more, that zohore has been much brighter for getting to the bottom of the problem.

we dont see the players training every day and we dont know whats going on in their head, so all we have to go on is what we are being told, and personally i trust warnock to be honest :ayatollah:
paulh_85

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:47 am

nubbsy wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Very Mark.

Annis, how do you know that? I've only ever heard warnock say he's a great leaner and has a good attitude etc. Or is this something new since the injury?

Earlier this year Jack, Warnock said the following, so I was wondering if he might have started playing up again?
For me calling a player a disgrace and saying a player is strutting about and not pushing himself,meant Zohore had a bad attitude in my opinion, hopefully that is not the case now at all.

NEIL WARNOCK:

Forever Blue
Admin

Next

Return to General Chat