PLEASE HELP

A forum for all things Cardiff City

PLEASE HELP

Postby lockey1927 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:29 pm

My uncle faces losing the home he shared with my late auntie. She passed away in September after rapidly suffering with the horrible big c disease.

The home he risks losing after the council refused him the right to take over the tenancy has been in the family for over 40 years.

It only takes a few mins to sign and we would really appreciate the help if you could help us reach 1000 signatures on the below petition.

Thanks in advance.

https://www.ipetitions.com/petition/keep-billie-home
lockey1927

PLEASE HELP

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: PLEASE HELP

Postby City Slicker » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:52 am

lockey1927 wrote:My uncle faces losing the home he shared with my late auntie. She passed away in September after rapidly suffering with the horrible big c disease.

The home he risks losing after the council refused him the right to take over the tenancy has been in the family for over 40 years.

It only takes a few mins to sign and we would really appreciate the help if you could help us reach 1000 signatures on the below petition.

Thanks in advance.

https://www.ipetitions.com/petition/keep-billie-home

Just signed. Hope it works for your uncle. Heartless bastards.
City Slicker

Postby TheHangedMan » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:03 am

Done, good luck.
Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious........
TheHangedMan

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:12 am

Yes Lockey, Good Luck, I have just tweeted it for you as well as signed :thumbright: :thumbright:
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby papa » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:18 am

done :thumbright:
ENJOY YOURSELF (its later than you think)
papa

Postby noisycat » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:18 am

Petition signed. Good luck
noisycat

Postby DartfordBluebird » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:26 am

Done.
DartfordBluebird

Postby pembroke allan » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:26 am

Typical local authorities but it's standard practice! i presume he's been sharing property with her for years if so who oh why didn't they sort Co tenancy out before? Friend did so and no problems. Anyway I'm sure with some pressure common sense will prefail i Hope so. :thumbup:
pembroke allan

Postby Sven » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:51 am

Lockey, all done :ayatollah:

A shameful way to treat someone who has already lost so much but it does seem to be another case of 'the system' being more important than the individual :(
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Igovernor » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:16 am

Signed and posted this

"Anyone at the council with a grain of humanity should sort this out and transfer the tenancy. the council are making him homeless so they have to house him. You could not make it up"
Igovernor

Postby northernbluebird » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:29 am

i'm assuming they aren't married - more details are needed to get me to sign. there are people currently waiting desperately for council houses to come up.
northernbluebird

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:46 pm

northernbluebird wrote:i'm assuming they aren't married - more details are needed to get me to sign. there are people currently waiting desperately for council houses to come up.

This is a tricky issue.

I'm against in principle one tenant living in house that could be used by a family. I would support this fella being rehoused to appropriate accommodation but the fact it has been a 'family home' for 40 years is not enough of an excuse to deny social housing to those who need it more which would almost certainly include children if there is more than one bedroom.

I have dealt with housing issues many times and I would be astonished if the Council change their minds no matter how many people sign the petition. I have seen severely disabled people evicted even though the accommodation was adapted for them. These days housing is issued on the basis of need not sentiment.

What the OP needs to do is to campaign for his Uncle to be 'rehoused' rather than campaign for him to stay in this particular house and I would 100% support that.
Tony Blue Williams

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:51 pm

Igovernor wrote:Signed and posted this

"Anyone at the council with a grain of humanity should sort this out and transfer the tenancy. the council are making him homeless so they have to house him. You could not make it up"

Playing devils advocate the Council could argue where is the humanity in denying a family much needed housing?

That said you have identified the real problem here which is making this person 'homeless'. The Council should rehouse him, although I'm pretty sure they have no legal duty to do so unless he is classed as a vulnerable person.
Tony Blue Williams

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:57 pm

Sven wrote:Lockey, all done :ayatollah:

A shameful way to treat someone who has already lost so much but it does seem to be another case of 'the system' being more important than the individual :(

The problem is the fella doesn't own the home. It is provided by the state for suitable tenants. That is the system which I fully support because it means that the short resources in housing are maximised to the full.

That said he should be rehoused but I don't the Council have a duty to do that. Again there are reasons for that which are not the fault of the Council. Too late now but really he should have sorted out joint tenancy before now and you can't blame the Council or 'system' for that.
Tony Blue Williams

Postby Bananas » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:57 pm

Done, Pob lwc ffrind
Bananas

Postby lockey1927 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:09 pm

Thanks to all those who have signed it. Very much appreciated.

For those who havent and have opposed to it then i respect your opinions, and fully appreciate that there are families out there in desperate need for social housing. However this is his family home for over 40 years and we are also worried about his health and welfare should he be removed from this house.

So thanks to everyone for your contribution whatever you have chosen
lockey1927

Postby erinsown » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:17 pm

Sorted lockey :thumbup:
erinsown

Postby northernbluebird » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:59 pm

lockey - i hope the gentleman gets some sort of solution - no-one should be going into christmas with accommodation issues hanging over them.
northernbluebird

Return to General Chat