Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cardiff fans away Stoke

Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:29 pm

Cardiff fans away at Stoke 2002
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Cardiff fans away Stoke

Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:52 pm

Can see myself on there, I know some will think it's stupid and it probably is but what a day out with top mates

Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:18 pm

What a mental day, stafford police set the tone with searches and metal detector checks miles before the ground, our rights read out to us on the coach and then off we pop to what resembled scenes out of braveheart at times. My dad got knicked at the checks for being pissed, In control but just drunk. I was livid but what a great day. Leo Fortune West, those were the days!

Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:00 pm

Is that around 2002 when the police made loads of us late and missed the beginning if the game? I r3member seeing a video of us coming in to the ground not happy to say the least....don’t see scenes like that anymore....a lively day.

Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:02 pm

What a mad day out that was

Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:48 am

Remember that game well, Thorney got a hatrick

Police were out of order with us, most of the away games that season for whatever reason the police had it in for us.

Sheff Utd away they took us from the Howard the longest way to the ground making sure we passed all the Sheff Utd pubs on the way as if trying to instigate trouble - that game was delayed by 15/20mins too (and we got beat 5-3 with it being 0-0 at half time) and we have Warnock some right stick.....funny game is football

Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:11 am

Mad day ,went right off after the game in the car park ,half time was a bit lively too :lol:

Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:51 am

vietaff wrote:Remember that game well, Thorney got a hatrick

Police were out of order with us, most of the away games that season for whatever reason the police had it in for us.

Sheff Utd away they took us from the Howard the longest way to the ground making sure we passed all the Sheff Utd pubs on the way as if trying to instigate trouble - that game was delayed by 15/20mins too (and we got beat 5-3 with it being 0-0 at half time) and we have Warnock some right stick.....funny game is football

Cant remember no hat trick fella lol

Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:16 pm

Superb day. Police walked us from the train station to the ground after the buses had their windows put through. We met up earlier and the pub we went into had hero figures which were bounced around.
I think this was where operation javelin started?