I thought we were all fools

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:33 am

Watching that first half yesterday I thought our bubble might have burst as the defending was terrible and we didn't offer that much going forward.
I've been very positive this season and i'm quietly confident we can win promotion.

The second half was a completely different story - at about 60 minutes I said if we can score we'll score again and we did.

Feels like a massive win to me and looking forward to going to Bolton on the 23rd.

:ayatollah: :bluebird:
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: I thought we were all fools

Postby angelis1949 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:30 am

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:Watching that first half yesterday I thought our bubble might have burst as the defending was terrible and we didn't offer that much going forward.
I've been very positive this season and i'm quietly confident we can win promotion.

The second half was a completely different story - at about 60 minutes I said if we can score we'll score again and we did.

Feels like a massive win to me and looking forward to going to Bolton on the 23rd.

If we are serious about promotion we need to play for 90 minutes not 45
angelis1949

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:57 am

angelis1949 wrote:
CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:Watching that first half yesterday I thought our bubble might have burst as the defending was terrible and we didn't offer that much going forward.

We are missing some big names don't forget. I think we'll strengthen in January and that can only be a positive. :thumbright:

The Ref was terrible in the first half & Reading looking a decent side IMO
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby angelis1949 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:48 am

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:
angelis1949 wrote:

We are missing some big names don't forget. I think we'll strengthen in January and that can only be a positive. :thumbright:

Still need to play for 90 minutes
angelis1949

Postby llangainbluebird » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:50 pm

angelis1949 wrote:
angelis1949 wrote:

Still need to play for 90 minutes

I know what you mean, and you make a good point, but we did score in injury time!
llangainbluebird

Postby since64 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:18 pm

I think it was a 90 minute performance and despite being 2 down at half time we were still the better team what you can’t legislate for is individual errors what the lad was doing for the first goal nobody knows he’s got the whole world to head the ball away in and under no pressure manages to glance into his own net,the second was just as poor with nobody reacting to the headed clearance,but despite this we created far more than Reading even by half time
since64

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:37 pm

since64 wrote:I think it was a 90 minute performance and despite being 2 down at half time we were still the better team what you can’t legislate for is individual errors what the lad was doing for the first goal nobody knows he’s got the whole world to head the ball away in and under no pressure manages to glance into his own net,the second was just as poor with nobody reacting to the headed clearance,but despite this we created far more than Reading even by half time

Not sure about the first mate.
Did Etheridge give him the call? Paterson seemed to be shouting at Etheridge.
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby piledriver64 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:03 pm

since64 wrote:I think it was a 90 minute performance and despite being 2 down at half time we were still the better team what you can’t legislate for is individual errors what the lad was doing for the first goal nobody knows he’s got the whole world to head the ball away in and under no pressure manages to glance into his own net,the second was just as poor with nobody reacting to the headed clearance,but despite this we created far more than Reading even by half time

Patterson did need a call but even so he could/should have dealt with it better.

For the game as a whole we played well but the injuries are clearly taking their toll. Once we get two or three back I think we’ll raise it again and I would still be amazed if Wolves don’t have a dodgy patch playing the pretty football they love.

I honestly believe we’ll beat down free and if there’s anything on that game by then it could make a massive difference.
piledriver64

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:23 pm

piledriver64 wrote:

Patterson did need a call but even so he could/should have dealt with it better.

For the game as a whole we played well but the injuries are clearly taking their toll. Once we get two or three back I think we’ll raise it again and I would still be amazed if Wolves don’t have a dodgy patch playing the pretty football they love.

I honestly believe we’ll beat down free and if there’s anything on that game by then it could make a massive difference.

Harris will feel like a new signing and will fit into the current squad well.
Zohore will also make a massive difference IMO. Looking forward to seeing what NW does in Jan. :thumbright:
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Return to General Chat