Manga not a full back!

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Manga not a full back!

Postby Bluebird Warrior » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:00 pm

I'm sorry, I like Manga but I've now seen him play against Norwich and Reading and got torn apart on that right side, first against Murphy and this time against Barrow. I like Manga a lot and I think he's a terrific Centre back on his day but his positioning is awful and he's constantly ball watching at RB. I know Warnock wants Manga, Bamba and Morrison all in the team but I think we either have to go with Peltier at RB or Patterson.
Bluebird Warrior

Manga not a full back!

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Manga not a full back!

Postby NIBluebird » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:02 pm

He took a couple of bad fouls too .
NIBluebird

Postby BARTZ73 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:42 pm

Not good enough on the ball for full back better player when he plays instinctively and doesn’t have to think about things too much
Better when he went to centre back
BARTZ73

Postby Bluebird Warrior » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:55 pm

BARTZ73 wrote:Not good enough on the ball for full back better player when he plays instinctively and doesn’t have to think about things too much
Better when he went to centre back

:thumbup:
Bluebird Warrior

Postby Bluesman » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:59 am

Cant play Manga at full back again Peltier must play he is solid which is what we need. Patterson not as good a fullback as we thought, gets turned easily.
Bluesman

Postby BARTZ73 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:10 am

ball wa5tches and had his body shape wrong allowing the ball in behind him.

Thought reading sussed the tactic of isolating Patterson with Gunter when Etheridge had the ball and trying to use his aerial prowess, all they did was bring the Centre Half Moore across to attack the ball allowing Gunter to drop off.

Thought we should have mixed it up a bit as was bit predictable.
BARTZ73

Postby paulh_85 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:22 am

one positive to take if morrison is injured is that peltier will be back in the team
paulh_85

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:38 am

paulh_85 wrote:one positive to take if morrison is injured is that peltier will be back in the team

Is that a Morrison criticism or just looking on the bright side?

I think Morrison is the best defender we have with Bamba just behind him.
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby paulh_85 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:20 am

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:one positive to take if morrison is injured is that peltier will be back in the team

yeah just looking on the bright side. morrison is number 1 for me, but if he is out, at least we have more stability down the flank
paulh_85

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:00 am

paulh_85 wrote:

yeah just looking on the bright side. morrison is number 1 for me, but if he is out, at least we have more stability down the flank

Agree.
Peltier is one of the few I have criticised but looking over his highlights I admit I was wrong. he's an absolute rock. :ayatollah:
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby stephendavid » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:48 pm

I agree he's no right back,the last 2 games the speedy tricky wingers have found him out
stephendavid

Postby Jimbo27 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:59 pm

Difficult for Warnock as Manga, Bamba and Morrison are probably the three best CBs in the league so he's always trying to shoehorn all three into the team. However, while I rate Manga very highly, he is poor at full back. We looked a lot better as soon as Peltier went there. Peltier isn't great going forward but he is a rock at the back. Worryingly, Paterson looked all over the place in defensive positions yesterday. Hopefully it was just a bad night for him.
Adopted player for 2014/15 Lee Peltier
Jimbo27

Postby nubbsy » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:06 pm

paulh_85 wrote:

Agree.
Peltier is one of the few I have criticised but looking over his highlights I admit I was wrong. he's an absolute rock. :ayatollah:

Peltier is a solid and reliable right back in a flat back four but a wing back he is not.
nubbsy

Postby paulh_85 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:16 pm

nubbsy wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

Agree.

Peltier is a solid and reliable right back in a flat back four but a wing back he is not.

completely agree, which is why its good we dont play wing backs :thumbup:
paulh_85

Return to General Chat