Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Lee Tomlin needs to start

Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:56 pm

surely now has come the time when Lee Tomlin deserves a start in games. Over the last 2 games we have looked very poor first half yet twice we have brought Tomlin on and we have scored 5 goals in 2 games with him on the field. Granted there will be questions about his fitness but I would rather we start with him in games and bring him off at 60 mins with us winning 2-0 than be chasing games after half time like we have had to do with Norwich and Reading.

Re: Lee Tomlin needs to start

Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:03 pm

I've been thinking the same, but when asked the question, Bellamy said his fitness was an issue, as in, he doesn't keep himself fit

Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:41 pm

Be Blue wrote:I've been thinking the same, but when asked the question, Bellamy said his fitness was an issue, as in, he doesn't keep himself fit

Correct - They were his words .

Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:48 pm

Be Blue wrote:I've been thinking the same, but when asked the question, Bellamy said his fitness was an issue, as in, he doesn't keep himself fit

Maybe Bellamy needs to tell the fans why the

fitness staff at the club have not got to grips with Tomlins fitness

Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:05 am

It's an odd one, surely he's doing the same training as everyone else?

Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:04 am

You simply cannot blame the fitness coaches if a player will not follow the diet plan.

In the simplest form he's clearly putting in more calories than he's burning, he no doubt has a regime outside of training that he needs to follow and for whatever reason he simply isn't doing it

Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:36 am

It made absolutely no sense to start Hoilett at CAM ahead of Tomlin. Hoilett contributed just as much in defence as Tomlin would (i.e nothing) and it meant that we shoehorned Paterson onto the right where Hoilett or NML on that right wing could have shredded an out of position Gunter apart. Tonight really did make it look like Warnock has a real issue with Tomlin.

Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:45 am

He's not fit to play 90 mins as Bellamy said he's no intention in training to get 90 mins fit that's unfortunate

Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:54 am

Bellamys barmy army wrote:You simply cannot blame the fitness coaches if a player will not follow the diet plan.

In the simplest form he's clearly putting in more calories than he's burning, he no doubt has a regime outside of training that he needs to follow and for whatever reason he simply isn't doing it

If Tomlin has continuing issues with his fitness one needs to ask why did Warnock sign him in the first place

Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:21 am

Agree 100% with what Bellers has said - After all he has reasons to see what is going on .

Along with the time Tomlin has spent with that court case this season - must have taken time out to sort things out .

Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:38 pm

Bellamy hmmmmm -did he also not say to play 4-3-3 against Readings 4-5-1, now I may be tactically out of date but that would have seen us over run in Midfield more than was already happening?