Here’s what the Reading boss made of that:

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:29 pm

It’s very tough to take. Very frustrating. We didn’t do enough because we’ve drawn the game. We started well, we played some good football, maybe could have scored more. They didn’t create anything. It was a very good first-half. 2-0 up we were happy but everyone knows the opposition will try and do something to get back in the game. We talked about what to expect and how to keep on playing. We created a couple of opportunities and we should have scored third to make sure the game was done.

Stam on 'respect' for Cardiff

I respect them, we know what they can do and they’re up there. If you don’t respect that I think you aren’t thinking clearly. They’ve got a good team, a good side and a good manager. You know that they’ll keep on going and keep fighting. That’s why if we had the third goal it makes a big difference. There’s always a possibility that they can score. They’ve shown that they have the players that can score goals.

'Everyone's disappointed'

Every ball they win they play it behind and try and turn us and it’s difficult to deal with. We dealt with it for 80 minutes.

Playing against a side with quality. Everyone’s disappointed with the result but not with the way we played.

Warnock's sending off

I don’t know what happened (with Warnock) I was paying attention to the game.

“But we knew they would get wide and have headers on crosses, when they scored first they had more belief and pushed even more and succeeded to get the second was very disappointing. We hit the post in injury time. Everyone is very disappointed.
It’s not always a guarantee 2-0 up you will win because up against a very good side. A lot of teams play long balls into the box and it’s not easy to deal with.
Attachments
Reading-v-Cardiff-City-Sky-Bet-Championship-Madejski-Stadium.jpg
Reading-v-Cardiff-City-Sky-Bet-Championship-Madejski-Stadium.jpg (20.21 KiB) Viewed 3210 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Here’s what the Reading boss made of that:

Postby Bakedalasker » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:45 pm

If I was a Reading fan I would be thinking the Gods are against us. Hitting the post in the last second ...I think I would have been looking for a bridge to jump off.

Wonder if i would be thinking the ref robbed us.
Bakedalasker

Postby oohahhPaulMillar » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:06 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:If I was a Reading fan I would be thinking the Gods are against us. Hitting the post in the last second ...I think I would have been looking for a bridge to jump off.

Why? The were the better 1st half..we battered them 2nd half ..draw fair result
oohahhPaulMillar

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:13 pm

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:If I was a Reading fan I would be thinking the Gods are against us. Hitting the post in the last second ...I think I would have been looking for a bridge to jump off.

Take look at match stats and city were by far better team possession 50-50 passes the same, goal efforts we were well ahead on both counts and they used long ball twice as much in 1st half than us! So overall we deserved result and really should have won as we missed numerous chances 2nd half
pembroke allan

Postby GrangeEndStar » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:14 pm

Jaap Staam seems like a straight shooter. Most managers would be playing blame-game bingo.
'Nail 'em up,' I say. 'Nail some sense into 'em.'
GrangeEndStar

Postby Cardiffcitymad » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:17 pm

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:

Agree with you, we definitely deserved that comeback.. :ayatollah:
Cardiffcitymad

Postby worcester_ccfc » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:33 pm

Nice to see a manager not criticising us when we’ve taken two points off them.

Tonight was a bad result for them, considering the half time score. Most managers would throw in excuses.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby CF72Blue » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:33 am

A game of 2 halves, to be fair Reading looked dangerous first half and played some decent football, second half a different matter, only one side in it, Reading some pretty football playing things out of their own area to half way line, Cardiff some pretty football from the halfway line to where it really matters the opponents area. A well deserved point, and credit to Stam for giving us some credit.
CF72Blue

Postby RYANBLUE » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:23 am

I have to say had we scored 10 minutes earlier, had Junior's header not miraculously bounced over the bar we would have gone on to win it.

I was very confident, even in first half at the chances and space we were creating and thought if we scored 1 we would go on and get something.

We looked very encouraging going forward, lot of guys in the box and some nice touches but defensively looked fkin hopeless. Manga at RB just does not work
RYANBLUE

Postby Sven » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:56 am

Seems to have been a couple of games of late where Neil Warnock needed to give his team their 'roasting' BEFORE the game rather than halfway through it! ;)
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby wez1927 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:46 am

RYANBLUE wrote:I have to say had we scored 10 minutes earlier, had Junior's header not miraculously bounced over the bar we would have gone on to win it.

I was very confident, even in first half at the chances and space we were creating and thought if we scored 1 we would go on and get something.

We looked very encouraging going forward, lot of guys in the box and some nice touches but defensively looked fkin hopeless. Manga at RB just does not work

I agree. Mendez-Laing and Hoilett were linking up well
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby dogfound » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:18 pm

wez1927 wrote:
RYANBLUE wrote:I have to say had we scored 10 minutes earlier, had Junior's header not miraculously bounced over the bar we would have gone on to win it.

I agree. Mendez-Laing and Hoilett were linking up well

same here,thought we were very unfortunate to be behind at all..and from what Warnock said about half time { the lads said one or two things to each other.} seems he thought we were doing ok too.
dogfound

Postby TopCat CCFC » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:33 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:Nice to see a manager not criticising us when we’ve taken two points off them.

Tonight was a bad result for them, considering the half time score. Most managers would throw in excuses.

Spot On Ned .
TopCat CCFC

Return to General Chat