We need a striker

A forum for all things Cardiff City

We need a striker

Postby thomasblue » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:14 pm

Tonight showed up the weakness in the squad.

So many chances and half chances in and around the box. If we had a fox in the box type striker we could have scored 4/5 tonight.

Unfortunatly Omar Bogle just isnt a top championship striker. A good player yes but hes not on the level a team looking for promotion needs.
thomasblue

We need a striker

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: We need a striker

Postby jimmy_rat » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:24 pm

We've got 3. Zohore, Ward and Healey. Unfortunately all injured.
jimmy_rat

Postby nubbsy » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:29 pm

He's better than his performance tonight. I knew the knives would be out for him though!

We are definitely struggling at the moment though with injuries.
nubbsy

Postby bluemun » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:30 pm

Bogle is learning his trade at this level. Struggled tonight, but so did Ward v. Norwich. Hope Healey returns soon, he's a real sniffer.
bluemun

Postby thomasblue » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:33 pm

nubbsy wrote:He's better than his performance tonight. I knew the knives would be out for him though!

Knives not out.
Nothing personal against him he tries hard and is a decent player i just dont believe he is a top championship striker and we need better in reserve when injuries comes up like tonight.
I would keep him and see if he develops but we still need a proven striker for the run in
thomasblue

Postby nubbsy » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:36 pm

thomasblue wrote:
nubbsy wrote:He's better than his performance tonight. I knew the knives would be out for him though!

Knives not out.
Nothing personal against him he tries hard and is a decent player i just dont believe he is a top championship striker and we need better in reserve when injuries comes up like tonight.
I would keep him and see if he develops but we still need a proven striker for the run in

Ye in an ideal world a proven striker would be great I think a loan is our only chance of that in Jan. However... We got promoted from this league with a far worse strike force than this...
nubbsy

Postby thomasblue » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:39 pm

jimmy_rat wrote:We've got 3. Zohore, Ward and Healey. Unfortunately all injured.

Zahore has the ability to be great.
Ward is a decent championship striker and Healey is young, talented but inexperianced.

I would spend everything we have available in january on a proven striker because the rest of the team is in place.
thomasblue

Postby thomasblue » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:42 pm

nubbsy wrote:
thomasblue wrote:

Knives not out.

Ye in an ideal world a proven striker would be great I think a loan is our only chance of that in Jan. However... We got promoted from this league with a far worse strike force than this...

A loan would be perfect. Its strength in depth we need. Saying that we looked a lot better playing without a striker in the last 15 mins tonight
thomasblue

Postby Steve Zodiak » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:44 pm

Every player has an off day. Zohore has not been brilliant in every game he has played this season.
Steve Zodiak

Postby NIBluebird » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:45 pm

We miss Zahore .

He'll be back Jan.

Plus our midfield our tonight .

Did well to get a draw
NIBluebird

Postby nubbsy » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:38 pm

NIBluebird wrote:We miss Zahore .

He'll be back Jan.

Plus our midfield our tonight .

Did well to get a draw

Yup and don't forget our captain going off!
nubbsy

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:44 pm

Whereas I do agree that OB was not at his best tonight he has scored a few goals in a few appearances. I do understand that KZ in particular is a big miss for our tram but I think I’m probably alone in thinking that Healy had no opportunity really to prove that he would do any better. Just my opinion.
bluebirdoct1962

Postby Tonteg Bluebird » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:48 pm

Benik Afobe has got to be Bournemouth's fourth choice striker behind Defoe, Joshua King and the returning Callum Wilson. I wonder if Bournemouth would loan him out if we still have an injury crisis? They owe is after we loaned them Kenwyne to help them get up.

Out of interest, with Zohore, Ward, Fred, Pilkington and Healey all not available tonight, who would be our next choice striker behind Bogle? Hopefully Ward and Pilkington can realistically be fit for Saturday.

I disagree with those who say Bogle had a poor game tonight mind. I thought he put himself about well, looked a threat, showed some nice touches and had a decent game.

I think we have more than enough options up front, unless Zohore is out for most of the season and a Benik Afobe becomes available on loan. We would be stupid to turn a striker like that down!
Tonteg Bluebird

Postby Pulisnewport » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:51 pm

I've got scar tissue on my k*** stopped me shagging for past 3 yrs don't see me not working hmmm
Pulisnewport

Postby Sven » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:18 am

Jack, you know this Forum and (some of) it's members too well! ;) :laughing6:

I didn't see the game but the guys who were there tell me Reading deserved to be in front and only an improved second half and fighting to the end saw City take what could be an important point! :ayatollah:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby dogfound » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:28 am

bluemun wrote:Bogle is learning his trade at this level. Struggled tonight, but so did Ward v. Norwich. Hope Healey returns soon, he's a real sniffer.

i dont get the Rhys Healey thing tbh...he might turn out great but the reality is at the moment he has played 1 full game at this level in 5 years with us...a real sniffer.?
dogfound

Postby smakerzthebluebird » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:10 am

No we don't we need amidfield general

We are so lightweight there playing the formation we play it's plain for all to see

As for goals we are scoring doesn't matter where they come from if they dry up point taken but at present even injury ravaged we are still averaging 2 goals a game
Founder of the forum whopper thread! Don't talk bollocks or you'll be added to the thread!!
smakerzthebluebird

Postby smakerzthebluebird » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:12 am

smakerzthebluebird wrote:No we don't we need amidfield general

We are so lightweight there playing the formation we play it's plain for all to see

As for goals we are scoring doesn't matter where they come from if they dry up point taken but at present even injury ravaged we are still averaging 2 goals a game

Also if zohpre returns soon we know he's first name on the teamsheet bar Morrison so wouldn't wages be better spent elsewhere?
Founder of the forum whopper thread! Don't talk bollocks or you'll be added to the thread!!
smakerzthebluebird

Postby Willo Cardiff » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:41 am

Bogle struggled, couldn't hold up the ball or get it out of his feet can't fault his effort tho he's definitely 100% committed :bluescarf:
Willo Cardiff

Postby jimmy_rat » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:01 am

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:Benik Afobe has got to be Bournemouth's fourth choice striker behind Defoe, Joshua King and the returning Callum Wilson. I wonder if Bournemouth would loan him out if we still have an injury crisis? They owe is after we loaned them Kenwyne to help them get up.

Out of interest, with Zohore, Ward, Fred, Pilkington and Healey all not available tonight, who would be our next choice striker behind Bogle? Hopefully Ward and Pilkington can realistically be fit for Saturday.

I disagree with those who say Bogle had a poor game tonight mind. I thought he put himself about well, looked a threat, showed some nice touches and had a decent game.

I think we have more than enough options up front, unless Zohore is out for most of the season and a Benik Afobe becomes available on loan. We would be stupid to turn a striker like that down!

Afobe was on bench and got a few mins on Saturday. Don't think he'd be available.
jimmy_rat

Postby maccydee » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:16 am

thomasblue wrote:

Knives not out.

Sadly we don’t have a few million to spend on that.

Bogle was trying too hard if anything.

He had three in three games before tonight.
maccydee

Postby maccydee » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:19 am

Derby have an awesome midfield general who since signing has helped them to 4th from the bottom half. We could have had him for free.
maccydee

Postby angelis1949 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:27 am

thomasblue wrote:Tonight showed up the weakness in the squad.

So many chances and half chances in and around the box. If we had a fox in the box type striker we could have scored 4/5 tonight.

Unfortunatly Omar Bogle just isnt a top championship striker. A good player yes but hes not on the level a team looking for promotion needs.

Correct me if I'm wrong but was Bogle playing most of the time on the wing,which seemed totally bizarre
angelis1949

Postby Bluesman » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:45 am

Need a striker who can put the ball in the net on a regular basis. Does not have to do much else. We need goals. With a half decent striker last night we could have scored 2 before Reading scored and another 3 after. Hurry up Gunnerson we need you.
Bluesman

Postby Steve Zodiak » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:49 am

maccydee wrote:

Derby have an awesome midfield general who since signing has helped them to 4th from the bottom half. We could have had him for free.

Why? We are second in the table. We can't really get an awful lot higher than that.
Steve Zodiak

Postby neilst » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:38 pm

No disrespect for the guy but really dont think healey is the one read all these comments about healeys coming back but i dint think hes ready yet
neilst

Postby bluemun » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:17 pm

dogfound wrote:
bluemun wrote:Bogle is learning his trade at this level. Struggled tonight, but so did Ward v. Norwich. Hope Healey returns soon, he's a real sniffer.

Based on Healey's loan spells I think he gives us something different....bit of a poacher. Warnock said as much.

I dont get the Rhys Healey thing tbh...he might turn out great but the reality is at the moment he has played 1 full game at this level in 5 years with us...a real sniffer.?
bluemun

Postby dogfound » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:14 pm

bluemun wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Based on Healey's loan spells I think he gives us something different....bit of a poacher. Warnock said as much.

I dont get the Rhys Healey thing tbh...he might turn out great but the reality is at the moment he has played 1 full game at this level in 5 years with us...a real sniffer.?

hope your correct mate..but as of yet not enough evidence of it for us to be pinning hopes on..a goal every 4 games playing in lge 2..?
dogfound

Postby maccydee » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:16 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Why? We are second in the table. We can't really get an awful lot higher than that.

Because he is better than most of our midfield and is exactly what we needed last night.
maccydee

Postby Steve Zodiak » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:34 pm

maccydee wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Because he is better than most of our midfield and is exactly what we needed last night.

I suppose that what makes football so interesting, our different views of things. Personally, I don't believe he is better than we have at present, and I think his lack of pace means others have to alter their game slightly. I don't think he would improve our team, just add a little more to the squad. That's my opinion, and I know there are a lot of different opinions where Ledley is concerned.
Steve Zodiak

Next

Return to General Chat