This ref is a disgrace!!!

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: This ref is a f*cking disgrace!!!

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:44 pm

paulh_85 wrote:It’s funny, that free kick was clearly ours and a shocking decision but he’s not the reason we are losing

No its not but it frustrates players and makes them lose control just did it again clearly out for city corner but not given
pembroke allan

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby Tonteg Bluebird » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:44 pm

This referee needs to go back to the lower leagues until he realises that when a defender jumps, climbs on top and piggy back rides an opponent, the free kick goes to THE PLAYER THE DEFENDER IS CLIMBING ALL OVER THE TOP OF!!!

One outrageous decision too many for Warnock and the incompetent clown has now sent him off. The ref then failed to give us a corner when everyone could see it crossed the byline.

But what a volley by Bennett!! Come on!!
Tonteg Bluebird

Postby Steve Zodiak » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:54 pm

No doubt the ref is brilliant now and everyone who had a go at Warnock a few minutes back may be having second thoughts.
Steve Zodiak

Postby paulh_85 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:55 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:No doubt the ref is brilliant now and everyone who had a go at Warnock a few minutes back may be having second thoughts.

One crucial decision to make and he made it :lol:
paulh_85

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:55 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:No doubt the ref is brilliant now and everyone who had a go at Warnock a few minutes back may be having second thoughts.

No he's still shiiiiit :lol: and blackmore is magic :thumbup:
pembroke allan

Postby Bakedalasker » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:57 pm

We could have won it if it wasn't for him.
Bakedalasker

Postby brewer918 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:05 pm

Come on ..... Win, lose or draw. The ref had an absolute nightmare! Everything went against us. Patterson very poor but that left back for Reading climbed over him every time there was a long ball and should easily have been a free kick on more than 1 occasion.

And i thought the ref came across as smug little Fooker!

What a come back to get a point! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
brewer918

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:16 pm

paulh_85 wrote:

He didn't make it technology did :thumbup:
pembroke allan

Postby Tonteg Bluebird » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:23 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:The ref was obviously going to get the blame as soon as we went behind. Read his forum. Every game we lose is down to the ref. If we were winning this evening, he would'nt have got a mention.

I'm delighted we came back to grab a deserved draw. Great character from a team we can all be proud of.

Does the fact we drew change my opinion about the ref? We could have come back to win 5-1 and my opinion of the ref would still be the same! He was an absolute CLOWN who partially cost us 2 points instead of 3 points!

Definite point gained being 2-0 down with all our key injuries though and as Warnock says, we can take the positives and move on.

That was the joint worst ref I've seen this season along with the Bristol City ref, and the referee in charge of the Bristol City game was the worst I've seen since Barry Knight all those years ago!
Tonteg Bluebird

Postby nubbsy » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:31 pm

paulh_85 wrote:

He didn't make it he waited for the technology. I'm pretty sure by his positioning and the look of him he wasn't going to call it.
nubbsy

Postby nubbsy » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:32 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:The ref was obviously going to get the blame as soon as we went behind. Read his forum. Every game we lose is down to the ref. If we were winning this evening, he would'nt have got a mention.

I'm delighted we came back to grab a deserved draw. Great character from a team we can all be proud of.

Does the fact we drew change my opinion about the ref? We could have come back to win 5-1 and my opinion of the ref would still be the same! He was an absolute CLOWN who partially cost us 2 points instead of 3 points!

Definite point gained being 2-0 down with all our key injuries though and as Warnock says, we can take the positives and move on.

That was the joint worst ref I've seen this season along with the Bristol City ref, and the referee in charge of the Bristol City game was the worst I've seen since Barry Knight all those years ago!

The ref was shocking but if we would have lost it would have been down to our shit display.
nubbsy

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:34 pm

nubbsy wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

He didn't make it he waited for the technology. I'm pretty sure by his positioning and the look of him he wasn't going to call it.

No he definitely wouldn't have given it could see that on TV, but in fairness it was difficult decision to make by both officials because of the speed of action! Doesn't alter fact he was crap in the extreme :old:
pembroke allan

Postby Steve Zodiak » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:37 pm

nubbsy wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

I've watched that replay a few times, and I can't see that he did anything wrong. Not easy to be certain without the benefit of technology what had happened. I was'nt sure myself until after the replays. He used the technology available as he should do in a situation like that, and made the correct decision with the minimum of delay.
He did not have a good game, but it was our fault we conceded two goals and nothing to do with him. The ref is blamed 100% of the time when we are not performing well, and sometimes we have to look a little bit further than the ref to try and see why we are losing.
Steve Zodiak

Postby Tonteg Bluebird » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:58 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
nubbsy wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

I've watched that replay a few times, and I can't see that he did anything wrong. Not easy to be certain without the benefit of technology what had happened. I was'nt sure myself until after the replays. He used the technology available as he should do in a situation like that, and made the correct decision with the minimum of delay.
He did not have a good game, but it was our fault we conceded two goals and nothing to do with him. The ref is blamed 100% of the time when we are not performing well, and sometimes we have to look a little bit further than the ref to try and see why we are losing.

Surely you must understand how the referee influenced tonight's game?

1) We started off by far the better team.
2) Shit decision after shit decision against us at 0-0 frustrated us, disrupted our good start, killed our momentum and allowed Reading to get into the game and gather confidence to put us on the back foot and go 1-0 up.
3) More decisions against us allowed Reading to stay on top and go 2-0 up. Our abysmal defending also contributing to conceding both goals of course.
4) More bad decisions allowed Reading to stay 2-0 up a lot longer than they should have.
5) We finally claw a goal back and Reading are rattled.
6) For the first time in the whole game, WE have the momentum to press on to get the deserved equaliser.

The ref had a massive impact tonight. Then I think of:

The Birmingham ref - Joe Bennett literally gets his head kicked off in the box - no penalty.
The Bristol City ref - Bogle obviously deserved the red card but we would never have lost that if a half decent ref was in charge.
The Millwall ref - Sean Morrison gets BOTH arms of the defender wrapped around him from behind to pull him down in the box - no penalty given.

Wolves on the other hand seem to be playing against 10 men every other game. With all the extra money they've spent and the fact we are only 4 points behind them with all our injuries, we have done incredibly to be where we are.

Hopefully, the luck will swing the other way for the second half of the season and when we get all our key players back, we will finish even stronger. Games like tonight with everything going against us (how many other times would Junior Hoilett's downward header bounce up over the bar instead of going under?) but still managing to snatch a result shows a character, togetherness, spirit and resilience I don't think any other club has.

Referee aside, I'm full of positives tonight! :ayatollah:
Tonteg Bluebird

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:06 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
nubbsy wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

Steve Don't think anyone tonight is blaming ref about result or goals! but problem is constant bad decisions unsettle players and there was blatent bad decisions made by him tonight , goal was to hard a call for him or linesman to make so technology did it's job thankfully :thumbup:
pembroke allan

Postby Steve Zodiak » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:07 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
nubbsy wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

2) Shit decision after shit decision against us at 0-0 frustrated us, disrupted our good start, killed our momentum and allowed Reading to get into the game and gather confidence to put us on the back foot and go 1-0 up.
3) More decisions against us allowed Reading to stay on top and go 2-0 up. Our abysmal defending also contributing to conceding both goals of course.
4) More bad decisions allowed Reading to stay 2-0 up a lot longer than they should have.
6) For the first time in the whole game, WE have the momentum to press on to get the deserved equaliser.

The Birmingham ref - Joe Bennett literally gets his head kicked off in the box - no penalty.
The Bristol City ref - Bogle obviously deserved the red card but we would never have lost that if a half decent ref was in charge.
The Millwall ref - Sean Morrison gets BOTH arms of the defender wrapped around him from behind to pull him down in the box - no penalty given.

Wolves on the other hand seem to be playing against 10 men every other game. With all the extra money they've spent and the fact we are only 4 points behind them with all our injuries, we have done incredibly to be where we are.

Hopefully, the luck will swing the other way for the second half of the season and when we get all our key players back, we will finish even stronger. Games like tonight with everything going against us (how many other times would Junior Hoilett's downward header bounce up over the bar instead of going under?) but still managing to snatch a result shows a character, togetherness, spirit and resilience I don't think any other club has.

I think you will find fans of every team in the league blame the ref when things don't go their way. You have to feel sorry for Burton. They must have had the worst of the lot. I have seen all but one of our home games this season, and while some refs have been below par, I have seen plenty of decisions going our way that have raised a bit of a laugh with me and my mates. Some we win, some we don't, but our position in the league suggests we don't get every decision going against us.
Steve Zodiak

Postby Tonteg Bluebird » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:30 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
nubbsy wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

I think you will find fans of every team in the league blame the ref when things don't go their way. You have to feel sorry for Burton. They must have had the worst of the lot. I have seen all but one of our home games this season, and while some refs have been below par, I have seen plenty of decisions going our way that have raised a bit of a laugh with me and my mates. Some we win, some we don't, but our position in the league suggests we don't get every decision going against us.

I haven't been to as many games as you this season, but there are a fair few games I have seen us win this season in spite of the referee in my opinion. The best referees go unnoticed, but that definitely can't be said about tonight's ref!

We are where we are in the league because we have deserved it so far. We have deserved to win the majority of games we have won because we have been the better team at home or we've been organised and disciplined enough to execute a perfect game plan away from home to nullify the opposition and pinch a result.

We aren't where we are by luck and we certainly aren't where we are because we have had the rub of the green with refereeing decisions. I could argue we could be 10 points clear of everyone if we had the opportunity to play against 10 men as much as Wolves this season so far!

Let's just agree to disagree and enjoy the ride anyway! :occasion5:
Tonteg Bluebird

Postby dogfound » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:47 pm

how on earth can a run of poor decisions that gives your opponents the ball..instead of them being all hands defending not effect the game...if this dick had been fair we woldnt be defending in the first place, the momentum would be with us down the other end..
Troobloo lists them.wasnt just the odd mistake and then get one wrong the other way it was a run of wrong ones against us.
the ref didnt cost us :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5:
yes he did..he gave a p155 poor Reading team who scored two fortunate goals but did little else a point.
dogfound

Re: This ref is a disgrace!!!

Postby C. Rombie-Coat » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:57 am

The ref and his linesmen were a joke.
I give you just one incident when we were given a free kick and our player kicked the ball, blocked by an opponent 5 yards away and into touch. Ref gives throw in to them. Obviously being told over his mike that he got it totally wrong after a minute or so he has to change his mind and we get the throw.But for the tv he's probably have played on.
No way would he have called the second goal if it wasn't for the technology. He was running away from the goal straight away.
The 4th official btw was Andy Woolmer the gutless coward who denied us the last minute stonewall penalty a few seasons back. He no doubt shit himself when Warnock told him some truths and had to call for his mum.
C. Rombie-Coat

Postby NIBluebird » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:35 am

Ref IMO was very poor.

He didn't seem to stand in the correct position for corners neither for play, always seemed to be behind play .

Inconsistent with bookings too. I'm sure he'll be dropped Saturday
NIBluebird

Postby Steve Zodiak » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:46 am

C. Rombie-Coat wrote:The ref and his linesmen were a joke.
I give you just one incident when we were given a free kick and our player kicked the ball, blocked by an opponent 5 yards away and into touch. Ref gives throw in to them. Obviously being told over his mike that he got it totally wrong after a minute or so he has to change his mind and we get the throw.But for the tv he's probably have played on.
No way would he have called the second goal if it wasn't for the technology. He was running away from the goal straight away.
The 4th official btw was Andy Woolmer the gutless coward who denied us the last minute stonewall penalty a few seasons back. He no doubt shit himself when Warnock told him some truths and had to call for his mum.

The ref was poor but some people are blinkered when it comes to facts. The goals are on here for all to see. The ref was looking straight at the goal from the time it crossed the line to the time he confirmed it was a goal. He turned around at the same time as he was signalling that the goal had been given. It took him 3 seconds to confirm that the ball had crossed the line.
Steve Zodiak

Postby Jimbo27 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:00 am

No one can defend the ref last night! He was abysmal! He was the same ref who took charge of our game v Millwall where both Harris and Warnock slated him after the game as he was totally inept. You'll find that this season he has been slated by managers and fans of other clubs on a regular basis! Wolves despise him! He got so much wrong last night, particularly easy decisions, and was so erratic, I'm not surprised Warnock lost his head.

None of this is an excuse for what was a poor first half performance from us. That's another issue. But it was clear to see just how bad the ref was.
Adopted player for 2014/15 Lee Peltier
Jimbo27

Postby Danny Says » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:14 am

Last nights ref was incompetent; nothing more apart from the fact he just loved himself.

At the end of the day though you cannot excuse our defending first half and our inability to score from a host of chances.

A draw on balance a fair result as they missed several good chances but it was equally frustrating and a relief at the end.

Juts imagine how gutted we would have been had McShane scored in 96th Minute :o
Danny Says

Postby Danny Says » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:18 am

Jimbo27 wrote:No one can defend the ref last night! He was abysmal! He was the same ref who took charge of our game v Millwall where both Harris and Warnock slated him after the game as he was totally inept.

Yeah I forgot about that. He should have sent off Morrison and then given us a penalty in the last minute for a foul on Morrison, who ironically should not have been on the pitch!

We should have seen the last of him now this season as he has reffed us 3 times including the cup tie v Pompey. Surely he's now had his quota of Cardiff games :roll:
Danny Says

Postby Sam ReaN » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:27 am

Even Neil Warnock agreed with City fans. The foul on Bruno Manga, where there player arched his back, got Warnock sent to the stands. The worst ref this season so far in my opinion :(
Also On The Sam ReaN YouTube Channel
Cardiff City Highlights On Bits From The Action
The ReaN Show Series 1-6
CardiffFanTV / On Facebook & YouTube
Vlogging Adventures
Video Games
SUBSCRIBE IN 2024
Sam ReaN

Postby Sven » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:42 am

smakerzthebluebird wrote:We won't come back we have no striker on the bench and mainly defenders

Tomlin maybe come on in behind but not sure how we will do that without fillychanging shape

Maybe I'd take Paterson off go flat 4 at the back bamba CDM and tomlin behind bogle only option for me

Oops! Got that a tad wrong! :oops:

Thankfully, we have a team that plays 90 minutes (unlike a lot of our fans by the look) and that is what will keep them going this season :ayatollah:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby 1980s Bluebird » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:45 am

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

You obviously watched a diffrent game to me, we came off second best all over the pitch and without some key tackles by Bamba it would have been a hiding. Good character to come back though.
1980s Bluebird

Postby epping blue » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:58 am

Bacuna could have easily been sent off when he was booked. No problem with the booking for the foul, that was exactly the right decision. The ref very close, clearly called him, he completely ignored it, turned and walked slowly over to the back post before having to walk slowly back across to the ref. Could of easily been 2 bookings and off. I know it happens often but there was no lack of doubt in this case.
epping blue

Postby worcester_ccfc » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:13 pm

I didn’t notice him too much in the first half, but he didn’t have a great second half.

But we would have won that game comfortably without our defensive mistakes, and you can’t blame the referee for that.

Everyone mocks the fans and manager of the other team when we beat them and they blame the officials, but we’re just as bad on here when we drop points.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby Sven » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:56 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:I didn’t notice him too much in the first half, but he didn’t have a great second half.

But we would have won that game comfortably without our defensive mistakes, and you can’t blame the referee for that.

Everyone mocks the fans and manager of the other team when we beat them and they blame the officials, but we’re just as bad on here when we drop points.

Ned :thumbup: :ayatollah: ;)
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat