Lee Selby

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Lee Selby

Postby Chris Holmes » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:09 pm

Maybe a chance for a title fight at our place....

BF world featherweight champion Lee Selby punched his way to a unanimous points victory over Mexico's Eduardo Ramirez at the Copper Box Arena.

Welshman Selby, who has had a difficult 2017 inside and outside of the ring, knew he could not lose his title after his opponent failed to make the weight.

And he showed his speed and sleek footwork as Ramirez threw a huge number of shots that missed completely.

The judges scored the contest 119-109, 118-110 and 116-112 in Selby's favour.

++++++++++++++

Josh Warrington on BT Sport: "It's nice to be called a decent fighter for a change by him compared to what he's been saying on social media.

On where the proposed fight should take place: "I wouldn't mind going away to go to Cardiff because I've won titles away from home and I have a massive following from Leeds with me.

"To have it at Elland Road would be massive for the country and why not? I'm the bigger ticket seller."
Chris Holmes

Lee Selby

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Lee Selby

Postby Jock » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:19 am

Barry boy Lee, has not had the media coverage he deserves. If this fight comes to the CCS we should pack the place out.
Jock

Postby stephendavid » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:15 pm

Jock wrote:Barry boy Lee, has not had the media coverage he deserves. If this fight comes to the CCS we should pack the place out.

No chance my old scottish pal of it being in the ccs,this Warrington kid sells out in minutes up there 20 odd thousand following he got selby couldnt sell out the motorpoint fella
stephendavid

Postby WelshPatriot » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:47 pm

stephendavid wrote:
Jock wrote:Barry boy Lee, has not had the media coverage he deserves. If this fight comes to the CCS we should pack the place out.

No chance my old scottish pal of it being in the ccs,this Warrington kid sells out in minutes up there 20 odd thousand following he got selby couldnt sell out the motorpoint fella

Barry town alone would fill the motorpoint for a Selby fight never mind his other Welsh based fans.
WelshPatriot

Postby Jock » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:16 pm

stephendavid wrote:

Because his achievements haven’t been accorded the coverage they deserve. He’s an excellent fighter.
Jock

Postby stephendavid » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:55 pm

WelshPatriot wrote:
stephendavid wrote:

Barry town alone would fill the motorpoint for a Selby fight never mind his other Welsh based fans.

His support is awful fella granted barry took 2 coach loads to london for a world title fight.......
stephendavid

Postby stephendavid » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:00 pm

Jock wrote:
stephendavid wrote:

Because his achievements haven’t been accorded the coverage they deserve. He’s an excellent fighter.

Not disputing hes a good boxer my old sweaty sock friend!!The coverage they deserve......hmmmm who's he fought to warrant 'coverage' as you say?he's decent but not fought in any big fights surely to get coverage you need to be fighting the other world champions and trying to unify the division!!he's fought bums the past 2 years FACT
stephendavid

Postby stephendavid » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:38 pm

WelshPatriot wrote:
stephendavid wrote:

Have you been to his last fights in the motorpoint......wasn't packed out fella far from it
stephendavid

Return to General Chat