Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WARNOCK SAYS "WHAT HAVE I GOT TO DO TO GET BIGGER CROWDS"

Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:48 pm

NEIL WARNOCK TONIGHT SAYS "WHAT HAVE I GOT TO DO TO GET BIGGER CROWDS?"

Neil Warnock tonight being interviewed / questioned and once again asks for Cardiff City fans to turn up and this time states he's disappointed with our home crowds.

NEIL WARNOCK:

"I was disappointed with 14,000, 15,000 (home crowds) and thought ‘what have I got to do?"

"But I can’t let that fester and the main thing is the 250-odd who came to Barnsley and they’re my heroes. They didn’t stop singing and they didn’t half help us!"
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: WARNOCK SAYS "WHAT HAVE I GOT TO DO TO GET BIGGER CROWDS

Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:51 pm

SO GET DOWN TO CARDIFF CITY STADIUM THIS FRIDAY NIGHT " NO EXCUSES "

LETS GIVE WARNOCK A 25,000 HOME CROWD & SING " WE ARE GOING UP SAY WE ARE GOING UP "

UNDEFEATED AT HOME CARDIFF CITY & TOP THREE OF THE CHAMPIONSHIP ALL SEASON :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:53 pm

:bluebird:

CHAMPIONSHIP TABLE NOVEMBER 2017 AS IT STANDS :bluebird:

Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:15 pm

Hi Mr Warnock,

Buy me 2 Season tickets job done!

Simples

Ta

Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:22 pm

Reply on FB

Robert Owen:
I can’t understand it either we’re back in blue and top two tan has learnt from his mistakes but he’s gunna be there for a while to get his money back like any business man would. Now wales are back to playing like they were ten years ago perhaps those fans will come back well I bet they will if we do go up or a playoff final. it does my box in why they don’t turn up

Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:30 pm

Reply on FB

Neil Hasson:
It's bewildering. As well as embarrassing

Kyle Burns:
The next week game drop the prices. Give them the bug again and let them See what they are missing out on

Dave Lewis:
Get TAN to f**k off

Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:44 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:Hi Mr Warnock,

Buy me 2 Season tickets job done!

Simples

Ta

Is that for your big arse :D

Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:20 pm

All aboard the prem bus. Build the dream and they will come.

Field of dreams, good film that.

Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:49 am

I think we’ll get a decent crowd on Friday but nowhere near 25,000.
I certainly don’t want the crowd singing ‘we are going up’ in December ffs!

Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:50 am

DAVE LEWIS - F OFF we don't need people (not fans) like you. :wave: :wave: :wave:

Why did we not play the game on a Sunday at 1pm like we did at Forest, the crowd would have been much bigger.

Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:23 am

Bluesman wrote:DAVE LEWIS - F OFF we don't need people (not fans) like you. :wave: :wave: :wave:

Why did we not play the game on a Sunday at 1pm like we did at Forest, the crowd would have been much bigger.

Tan's reputation is still prevalent among some and he clearly he made a mistake with the rebrand but he's put his hand up and corrected that. At one time football considered the arch villain of foreign owners, I doubt now if Cardiff fans would now put him in the worst 50.

Neil Warnock and Cardiff can do no more than they're doing in providing a successful winning side.

If you ask a hundred Cardiff fans the reason for the relatively poor levels of support you could get a hundred different opinions.

Such was he angst in the support during the season in the prem we got no bounce in retained supporter levels from that period. The additional support came and went. Clearly we've added no support since to replace the 10% we loose in most years. I know very considerably more Cardiff fans who've passed than I know who have started following the team. I accept that part of that is age and location. Ageing and relocation effects the figures and that's before we get to the actual football.

A significant factor for me, that's probably unpalatable and that no one acknowledges is the effect of living in Swansea's shadow for 7 or 8 years. It has had and will have a lasting impact. I'm from Coychurch and remember the little band of jacks from Pencoed from the beginning of the 80's. They're all still jacks, their kids and possibly grandkids are probably jacks. The difference now is they've taken huge numbers of support from the west and north of Cardiff.

But back to Cardiff. Carry on and they will come. We're the bigger better City and we will prevail. It will help enormously if the jacks get relegated though.

Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:47 am

I think everyone is thinking way to much into our attendance or lack of!

In my opinion the reason there is less crowds than there has been in Dave Jones/Malkey is simply reduced season ticket sales.

In the past there's has been 18,000/ 20,000 season ticket sales. It's simple if you have a season ticket you can't pick an choose your games.

Reason for reduced season ticket sales:

Dave Jones era - we were regularly a play off chasing team with a good opportunity for promotion. In this we also had regular visits to Wembley. If you can remember the club were doing ST dives that ST holders would get first dibs on Wembley tickets etc.

For all Dave Jones critics he played attacking football so anyone buying a ST for this reason would have enjoyed watching us at that time.

Same with the Malkey era people who had a ST had first option to purchase a ticket in prem + ST holders had first dibs on League Cup final tickets!

Just a reminder we were playing in red at this time and getting regular sell outs.

Reason for ST drop off: From the debacle in the prem to Slades eye bleeding style of football we lost our mementom for 3 seasons.

With this the partime Cardiff supports will always find a better way to spend their money.

We need to stop thinking that we have 25,000 die hard supporters. When I first starting watching we had about 6,000 I would say that has now gone up to possibly 12,000 Max. The rest of our fan base is a Man U/Liverpool fan that also support Cardiff when we are doing well!

In short if we're Top 2 when next year's season ticket sales come out and the club do a buy this year's ST to guarantee your prem ticket we will be up around the 20,000 mark again.

Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:02 pm

Nickoblue23 wrote:I think everyone is thinking way to much into our attendance or lack of!

In my opinion the reason there is less crowds than there has been in Dave Jones/Malkey is simply reduced season ticket sales.

In the past there's has been 18,000/ 20,000 season ticket sales. It's simple if you have a season ticket you can't pick an choose your games.

Reason for reduced season ticket sales:

Dave Jones era - we were regularly a play off chasing team with a good opportunity for promotion. In this we also had regular visits to Wembley. If you can remember the club were doing ST dives that ST holders would get first dibs on Wembley tickets etc.

For all Dave Jones critics he played attacking football so anyone buying a ST for this reason would have enjoyed watching us at that time.

Same with the Malkey era people who had a ST had first option to purchase a ticket in prem + ST holders had first dibs on League Cup final tickets!

Just a reminder we were playing in red at this time and getting regular sell outs.

Reason for ST drop off: From the debacle in the prem to Slades eye bleeding style of football we lost our mementom for 3 seasons.

With this the partime Cardiff supports will always find a better way to spend their money.

We need to stop thinking that we have 25,000 die hard supporters. When I first starting watching we had about 6,000 I would say that has now gone up to possibly 12,000 Max. The rest of our fan base is a Man U/Liverpool fan that also support Cardiff when we are doing well!

In short if we're Top 2 when next year's season ticket sales come out and the club do a buy this year's ST to guarantee your prem ticket we will be up around the 20,000 mark again.

i think the huge drop in ST sales { which a blind man could see happening } under slade did the most damage..takes years and years to build ST sales and our were literally thrown away.
as for 25k...how many 25k crowds have we had in the last 45 years ? its just not a realistic figure

Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:32 pm

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=190448

Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:59 pm

If we get promoted all the reasons people make for not attending games will amazingly vanish :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:32 pm

Fusilier23 wrote:If we get promoted all the reasons people make for not attending games will amazingly vanish :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Good, hope you're right, the more the merrier.

Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:36 pm

rhondda 1015 wrote:
Fusilier23 wrote:If we get promoted all the reasons people make for not attending games will amazingly vanish :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

:thumbup:

Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:40 pm

i have said this a number of times but we still see these stupid posts about crowds!
Everyone has a choice and it is their choice not anyone else on this forum.
if i want to go to the game (and as a season ticket holder i go every game i can) then this is my choice and has been since my first game in 1965.
but anyone who does not want to go for whatever reason then that is their choice.
Why cant you just understand that each individual has a choice to make and leave it to them?
Your feelings and support are yours and you can be proud of that as I am but you or I have no right to try and decide for others.

Enjoy your choice and enjoy your passion as yours may be different but no less important than the next guys!!!

Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:41 pm

Warnock and his staff, the team, the board are doing everything right and it's down to the supporters to pull their weight.

Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:39 pm

Wow still going on about this week in week out, annis posted average attendances and Bristol and Brum aside every club above us are bigger clubs than we currently are so we are where we should be am amazed why people think we should be having more. They are living in cookoo land, we are way up on last year and have always had a massive floating fan base. :thumbup:

Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:49 am

Stringfellow wrote:Wow still going on about this week in week out, annis posted average attendances and Bristol and Brum aside every club above us are bigger clubs than we currently are so we are where we should be am amazed why people think we should be having more. They are living in cookoo land, we are way up on last year and have always had a massive floating fan base. :thumbup:

Gareth, it's our manager Neil Warnock going on about it week in week out and his latest words for me are very sad.
The club are also very concerned and yes I am shocked that they are below 20,000 and getting lower.
Of course they are up, we have been unbelievable this season on and if the pitch and away support coming to us as also doubled.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS :ayatollah: :bluebird: :bluescarf:

Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:04 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Stringfellow wrote:Wow still going on about this week in week out, annis posted average attendances and Bristol and Brum aside every club above us are bigger clubs than we currently are so we are where we should be am amazed why people think we should be having more. They are living in cookoo land, we are way up on last year and have always had a massive floating fan base. :thumbup:

Gareth, it's our manager Neil Warnock going on about it week in week out and his latest words for me are very sad.
The club are also very concerned and yes I am shocked that they are below 20,000 and getting lower.
Of course they are up, we have been unbelievable this season on and if the pitch and away support coming to us as also doubled.

As I said in another post Annis but the rot was set in when the rebrand was born. It has taken a couple of seasons to prove that but this is where we are now. I said all those years ago it has cost us around 5000 lost diahards. That is what is missing.

Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:30 am

Ordered 3 tickets, 220 mile round trip ,started work earlier to finish early , collecting our 9 year old after school and driving straight down ,won't get home til 1am
So come on fellow bluebirds ,forget all the politics ,get down the CCS and give this team and manager the support they definitely deserve ,Rant over! :old: :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:30 am

rhondda 1015 wrote:

I didn't attend one game during the premiership season so how'd you work this out?

Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:52 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

As I said in another post Annis but the rot was set in when the rebrand was born. It has taken a couple of seasons to prove that but this is where we are now. I said all those years ago it has cost us around 5000 lost diahards. That is what is missing.

You did Ian and it's proved right

Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:53 am

Theo Wyndham-Bassett wrote:Ordered 3 tickets, 220 mile round trip ,started work earlier to finish early , collecting our 9 year old after school and driving straight down ,won't get home til 1am
So come on fellow bluebirds ,forget all the politics ,get down the CCS and give this team and manager the support they definitely deserve ,Rant over! :old: :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Good on and your family :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluescarf:

Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:05 am

Our crowds are up 3,000 on last season at Home and our Away followings are on the rise. Our home crowds are currently currently the 7th highest we have had in 35 years and will probably be in the top 4 by the end of the season if the success continues.

To be brutally honest Warnock is showing a complete lack of understanding of our history and should just focus on his job, his comments if true are unhelpfull.

Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:09 am

RV Casual wrote:Our crowds are up 3,000 on last season at Home and our Away followings are on the rise. Our home crowds are currently currently the 7th highest we have had in 35 years and will probably be in the top 4 by the end of the season if the success continues.

To be brutally honest Warnock is showing a complete lack of understanding of our history and should just focus on his job, his comments if true are unhelpfull.

maybe Warnock has been asked to say a few things.??????????
for the vast majority of his career his teams have played to similar and smaller attendances.

Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:52 am

This has been discussed many times on this board.

Let's be honest Cardiff City has never had big attendances even back in the 70's when they were near the old div 1 and it was relatively cheap to watch. Granted the old stadium was packed for European one off's or FA Cup matches eg Leeds in 1972 or the bizarre Hereford game.

Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:45 pm

:occasion5:
crey wrote:i have said this a number of times but we still see these stupid posts about crowds!
Everyone has a choice and it is their choice not anyone else on this forum.
if i want to go to the game (and as a season ticket holder i go every game i can) then this is my choice and has been since my first game in 1965.
but anyone who does not want to go for whatever reason then that is their choice.
Why cant you just understand that each individual has a choice to make and leave it to them?
Your feelings and support are yours and you can be proud of that as I am but you or I have no right to try and decide for others.

Enjoy your choice and enjoy your passion as yours may be different but no less important than the next guys!!!