Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MY VIEW: " A MID TABLE TEAM IN TRANSITION "

Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:25 pm

NORWICH CITY - A MID TABLE TEAM IN TRANSITION :

Norwich are a typical example of an average team who will neither make the playoffs nor fear relegation :

(1) In their last 5 games they lost 3 and drew 2. Possibly a good sign for us - especially at home.

(2) They lie in an an average 15th place.

(3) They have only scored 17 goals which puts them way down the scoring scale. This is good news for our formidable defence. Their poor scoring surprises me somewhat because I do rate their Portugese lone striker Olivera and the 3 behind him - Hoolahan, Maddison and Murphy. I always admired Hoolahan but at 35 he is probably past his best.

(4) Their defence is pretty average.

Our versatile attack should be able to breach that defence.

(5) They are a team VERY MUCH in TRANSITION.

They have a new youngish 41 year old manager - Daniel Farke from Germany.
His managerial experience is as (what is equal to) a reserve team manager - albeit for good teams. The point I am making is that he is still finding his way both as a manager and in the tough English Championship.

(6) Expectedly - he brought with him German assistants as well as signed 4 German players who he obviously rates and trusts. I believe 3 of them will start (two in defence and one a holding midfielder). None of them succeeded at the top level.

(7) They like to play from the back in a 4-2-3-1 formation. The problem they have is that once they are in the final third , they do not look particularly dangerous or have penetration.

MY CONCLUSION:

They are an average team in transission with an average manager , average players, average defence , below average attack and not going anywhere (up or down).

We should win but then ......this is football.

Re: MY VIEW: " A MID TABLE TEAM IN TRANSITION "

Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:55 pm

Summed up perfectly annis. A good chance to get another 3 points Friday, it's all about us!

Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:04 pm

BrettyBluebird wrote:Summed up perfectly annis. A good chance to get another 3 points Friday, it's all about us!

Cheers Liam, yes we should be looking at 3pts, but never under estimate the oposition :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

" ONWARDS & UPWARDS " :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:05 pm

Not long ago they were a team too good for the Championship but struggled in the Premiership.

They are a team that never built on their squad when in the premier and now find themselves with players seeing out their careers like Hoolahan

Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:06 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:Not long ago they were a team too good for the Championship but struggled in the Premiership.

They are a team that never built on their squad when in the premier and now find themselves with players seeing out their careers like Hoolahan

Correct Ian :thumbright:

Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:25 am

always been the feel of a bogey team for me Norwich - one of my earliest games was a 2-1 home loss to them :(

This is the Championship so form is not always the best indicator, though your analysis Annis sits well with a bloke at work who is a ST there - I never expect City to win, but always hope. Mind you I'm still edgy if we're 3-0 up in injury time :lol:

CTID

Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:31 am

Agree they look a mid table side at the minute. This should be a certain comfortable home win, but this is the Championship so I will go for an 8-0 Norwich win, with 4 goals being down to dirty dinosaur tactics from the Norwich players, and the other 4 down to a ref who is not fit to be on the pitch. ;)

Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:34 am

If we're serious about the auto's we should be putting teams like this to bed without exception.We are in good form at the moment and they are not.Comfortable home win for me.

Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:53 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:If we're serious about the auto's we should be putting teams like this to bed without exception.We are in good form at the moment and they are not.Comfortable home win for me.

Martin Agreed, City should win this and move on :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:06 am

I suspect that they will play more defensively than some of the teams we have played recently - the teams that we seem to find difficult to beat. I don't consider them a bogey team at our place despite our recent losses against them (didn't we lose 4-2 after being 2-0 a couple of seasons ago?).

Of course, at their place we might as well just give them the 3 points. A convincing win could really give us a boost heading into December. In our last promotion season, it was our December results that set us up for the whole season (we were top from December for the rest of the season). Lets hope we can do the same this year. :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:17 am

bluebird58 wrote:I suspect that they will play more defensively than some of the teams we have played recently - the teams that we seem to find difficult to beat. I don't consider them a bogey team at our place despite our recent losses against them (didn't we lose 4-2 after being 2-0 a couple of seasons ago?).

Of course, at their place we might as well just give them the 3 points. A convincing win could really give us a boost heading into December. In our last promotion season, it was our December results that set us up for the whole season (we were top from December for the rest of the season). Lets hope we can do the same this year. :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluebird:

I think we were top from October and stayed there until the end of the season and we carried on a good run into December but I could be wrong. All the good omens are there to be seen anyway so onwards and upwards :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:13 pm

I agree with the OP but they will be as tough if not harder to beat than the other three games, they will sit deep and if we have one weakness it's breaking teams like this down. We know Warnock won't change it and you can't blame him, they have earned the shirt. Once our flair players return it might get easier, but I see a tough 1-1 or 0-0 on Friday night. :bluebird:

Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:54 pm

Annis

We NEVER seem to do well against the 'carrot crunchers'.

I'd take a draw right now. :bluebird: