Kenneth Zohore/Nathan Mendez-Laing/Joe Bennett & Gunnarsson

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:35 am

' Kenneth Zohore/Nathan Mendez-Laing/Joe Bennett & Aron Gunnarsson '

Thursday 23rd November 2017

Neil Warnock provided fitness updates on a number of Cardiff City players after their 1-0 victory over Barnsley on Tuesday night.

Joe Bennett and Aron Gunnarsson both started the game after shaking off injuries, but Kenneth Zohore and Nathaniel Mendez-Laing were among the major absentees.

Kenneth Zohore

"When you lose Zohore and Mendez-Laing, you're bound to be a bit affected," said Warnock after the Barnsley win, prompting queries over the duo's fitness.

Zohore hasn't been seen since Cardiff's 1-0 defeat at Birmingham more than a month after, struggling with an ankle ligament injury.

"We'll know more about Ken on Friday when I do my press conference," said Warnock.

"He's got a massive amount of scar tissue. So we've got to decide now whether we go in and cut it out. We've tried injections but that's not really worked. The doctors will know and they'll tell me what his situation is."

Nathaniel Mendez-Laing

Mendez-Laing hobbled off seven minutes into Cardiff's Severnside derby defeat at Bristol City with a thigh strain.

And after claiming the winger was "90 per cent" on Saturday, Warnock was hopeful of a return to action in the near future.

"He's not far off," said the veteran manager.

"Whether we risk him (against Nottingham Forest on Sunday), I don't know yet. Then we've got Norwich and 10 days (off) after that so I don't want to rush him."

Nathaniel Mendez-Laing of Cardiff City is tackled by Shaun Hutchinson of Millwall (Image: Huw Evans Picture Agency)

Joe Bennett

The left-back, making his second start in four days following an injury lay-off, looked a little shaken after taking a couple of early blows, but came through the 90 minutes otherwise unscathed. Warnock was satisfied with his progress.

Adam Hammill of Barnsley and Joe Bennett of Cardiff City compete for the ball (Image: Huw Evans Picture Agency)
"Bennett came through a sticking spell, this is only his second game back," said Warnock.

"I thought he was going to come off about five times tonight! A bit theatrical...

"Then all of a sudden he gets up. I suppose it's the Barnsley weather, these lads have got to adapt to it, don't they?"

Aron Gunnarsson

The Ice Man started his first Cardiff game since September 23 and managed 74 minutes before being replaced by Loic Damour.

Warnock said Gunnarsson was "absolutely shattered" but was pleased how his players "just got on with it" in testing conditions at Oakwell.
Attachments
neil-warnock-800x534.jpg
neil-warnock-800x534.jpg (27.64 KiB) Viewed 4020 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Kenneth Zohore/Nathan Mendez-Laing/Joe Bennett & Gunnars

Postby oohahhPaulMillar » Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:23 pm

This Zahore injury is getting a bit ridiculous....it's sounds as if someone has dropped a bit of a clanger...5 weeks after the injury it looks like he is going to have to have the operation he should have had 5 weeks ago.

Not sure who the medical staff are but this is just the latest in a long line of supposed minor injuries that seem to take months to sort..it's happened numerous times in the past
oohahhPaulMillar

Postby dogfound » Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:35 pm

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:This Zahore injury is getting a bit ridiculous....it's sounds as if someone has dropped a bit of a clanger...5 weeks after the injury it looks like he is going to have to have the operation he should have had 5 weeks ago.

Not sure who the medical staff are but this is just the latest in a long line of supposed minor injuries that seem to take months to sort..it's happened numerous times in the past

frustrating..especially if your from my generation where it was either a broken leg or you played..

what i will say is its not our medical staff..most clubs have players out for what seemed minor things that turn out to be longer injuries.
dogfound

Postby 1980s Bluebird » Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:06 pm

And still 2nd :thumbup: :ayatollah: :bluebird:
1980s Bluebird

Postby NIBluebird » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:55 pm

1980s Bluebird wrote:And still 2nd :thumbup: :ayatollah: :bluebird:

:ayatollah:
NIBluebird

Postby Bluesman » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:48 pm

Come on Ken and Nat get back ASAP. Your club needs you. :occasion5:
Bluesman

Postby Bluebird Warrior » Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:56 pm

As much as I like Ken and I really do, he does seem one of those players that if he has a knock or carrying a bit of an injury he wont go through the pain barrier like someone like Gunnarsson would. Hope he recovers but someone does seem to have fu**** up with this injury as we were told before the international break that he would be back yet every week we are told its getting worse.
Bluebird Warrior

Postby Once a blue always a blue44 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:21 pm

dogfound wrote:
oohahhPaulMillar wrote:This Zahore injury is getting a bit ridiculous....it's sounds as if someone has dropped a bit of a clanger...5 weeks after the injury it looks like he is going to have to have the operation he should have had 5 weeks ago.

frustrating..especially if your from my generation where it was either a broken leg or you played..

what i will say is its not our medical staff..most clubs have players out for what seemed minor things that turn out to be longer injuries.

Very frustrating. Had heard that he would be back a lot sooner (on social media) but nothing much we can do. If he can't play he can't play. We've just got to find a way of racking up more points to keep us as high up the table as possible. Where we are is fantastic. I do hope NML is back ASAP though as we miss him too. Atleast if he's back that one!
Once a blue always a blue44

Postby RhiwEbbwBluebird » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:46 pm

Hope zohore gets back soon but for me bogle being back after forrest is a big boost, if bogle keeps up his form ken got to knock him off his perch then by getting back to his best so positives to come hopefully, mendez will be a big boost too i see him linking well with bogle as he didnwith zohore
RhiwEbbwBluebird

Postby nubbsy » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:11 pm

Bluebird Warrior wrote:As much as I like Ken and I really do, he does seem one of those players that if he has a knock or carrying a bit of an injury he wont go through the pain barrier like someone like Gunnarsson would. Hope he recovers but someone does seem to have fu**** up with this injury as we were told before the international break that he would be back yet every week we are told its getting worse.

How would you know how many knocks he's had, what he's played through and what he hadn't? Or are you just making things up in your head? Also, gunnar has been out many times with injury.
nubbsy

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:08 am

nubbsy wrote:
Bluebird Warrior wrote:As much as I like Ken and I really do, he does seem one of those players that if he has a knock or carrying a bit of an injury he wont go through the pain barrier like someone like Gunnarsson would. Hope he recovers but someone does seem to have fu**** up with this injury as we were told before the international break that he would be back yet every week we are told its getting worse.

How would you know how many knocks he's had, what he's played through and what he hadn't? Or are you just making things up in your head? Also, gunnar has been out many times with injury.

I think you’re being a bit unfair here nubbsy as this guy will know a lot more than a highly trained medical team of doctors and physiotherapists.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby Bluebird Warrior » Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:20 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
nubbsy wrote:

I think you’re being a bit unfair here nubbsy as this guy will know a lot more than a highly trained medical team of doctors and physiotherapists.

No I recall Neil Warnock actually saying that Zohore isn't one of those players that goes through the pain barrier like Gunnarsson, listen to Blakey;s podcast where they actually talk about how Warnock said that. :roll:
Bluebird Warrior

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:35 am

Bluebird Warrior wrote:
OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
nubbsy wrote:

No I recall Neil Warnock actually saying that Zohore isn't one of those players that goes through the pain barrier like Gunnarsson, listen to Blakey;s podcast where they actually talk about how Warnock said that. :roll:

Listen to Warnock (rather than Blake) when he says that the surgeon states that the club did the right thing in trying to manipulate it away and inject it.
The surgeon also said he’d not seen scar tissue around that area before whilst Warnock says that Ken wasn’t lying as he must have been in pain.
So according to a highly qualified surgeon, doctors and medical staff who have forgotten more than you will ever know it proves the club were correct and Ken was unable to play.
The trouble people guess and make assumptions whilst knowing sod all.
:roll:
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby dogfound » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:54 pm

its not about playing through pain barriers its about listening to medical advice.often the clubs medical advice.
we are not alone either..Gareth Bale out much longer than first thought..Danny Rose similar at Spurs..and Emyr Huws made his 1st app since signing for Ipswich midweek..all were told the injuries would keep them out for much shorter lengths of time..
dogfound

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:17 pm

dogfound wrote:

its not about playing through pain barriers its about listening to medical advice.often the clubs medical advice.
we are not alone either..Gareth Bale out much longer than first thought..Danny Rose similar at Spurs..and Emyr Huws made his 1st app since signing for Ipswich midweek..all were told the injuries would keep them out for much shorter lengths of time..

Spot on dog!
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Return to General Chat