Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Parking for Forest

Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:59 pm

Always read this board, but never signed up. My mate is driving up for Sunday’s game against forest and wondering where best place to park is? Usually go by train for away games, so don’t really no a lot about parking at always. Any help would be awesome, cheers

Re: Parking for Forest

Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:08 pm

Parking near the ground is difficult plus it's a nightmare to get away.

Coming up from Cardiff and knowing the area well I would aim for East Midlands Parkway, come off M1 J24 go onto A354 and follow the signs. It is a 10 minute train drive into Nottingham central. Then about a 15 minute walk.

There is a train around every 20 minutes from central back to Parkway. You could be back in your car at Parkway before leaving Nottingham if you managed to find a car park.

Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:52 pm

Me and my lad are driving up from Swindon. I got told that parking in Notts countys ground is the best, just a short walk over. I'm gonna park in the council yard opposite Hooters, and get some (ahem)dinner there.

Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:40 am

Mr Shed wrote:Me and my lad are driving up from Swindon. I got told that parking in Notts countys ground is the best, just a short walk over. I'm gonna park in the council yard opposite Hooters, and get some (ahem)dinner there.

The only place I would park in the City itself. Still a nightmare to get out of after a game though.

Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:08 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
Mr Shed wrote:Me and my lad are driving up from Swindon. I got told that parking in Notts countys ground is the best, just a short walk over. I'm gonna park in the council yard opposite Hooters, and get some (ahem)dinner there.

The only place I would park in the City itself. Still a nightmare to get out of after a game though.

We parked at Trent Bridge when we played them on New Years Eve a few years ago. We were back in South Wales by 8pm as no trouble getting away after the game.

Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:16 pm

Hi, I live 15 minutes from Nottingham Forest's ground and always park in West Bridgford. If you end up in the city go out of Nottingham over Trent Bridge, turn left with City Ground on your left and Trent Bridge cricket ground on your right. When you get to the traffic lights just past McDonalds and a row of shops, turn right into the residential area. I have always managed to find a space in the housing estate in there and you're away very quickly after the game. I'm usually back home quicker than I get back to the car when I park in Canton for home games. Really want a win here as I love bragging rights at work! C'mon City :ayatollah:

Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:20 pm

I would recommend either parking around the train station or Hooters area (a few places advertising matchday parking). Or, whenever my family visited I always tell them to park in the 'NCP Car Park Nottingham Maid Marian Way' on the edge of the city centre. I've found it to be one of the cheapest places in the centre to park, as well as easy to get to

Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:40 pm

Bingham Blue wrote:Hi, I live 15 minutes from Nottingham Forest's ground and always park in West Bridgford. If you end up in the city go out of Nottingham over Trent Bridge, turn left with City Ground on your left and Trent Bridge cricket ground on your right. When you get to the traffic lights just past McDonalds and a row of shops, turn right into the residential area. I have always managed to find a space in the housing estate in there and you're away very quickly after the game. I'm usually back home quicker than I get back to the car when I park in Canton for home games. Really want a win here as I love bragging rights at work! C'mon City :ayatollah:

That's where I've always parked. No problem finding a space on the side roads (and lots of home fans parking there too) but I still find it a drag getting back across Nottingham to the M1